Sign in to follow this  
Cara

Santana Moss

What do you all think of Moss as a sleeper WR for this season. In my drafts, he has been falling to the 8th and 9th round. I only play in PPR leagues, so I think this value is too much to pass up.

I would like the opinions of other to see if I am simply drafting too much and possibly delirious, but I'm seeing him somewhere around the 78 catch mark with 5 TD's on the season. His upside is even higher. Shannahan knows how to use smaller WR's. He is already moving him around the field to create mismatches, so is 85 receptions out of the question? 6 TD's? 1,050 yards?

In a PPR league, is he a legit WR2?

He could be good, but personally i don thave much faith int he wash offense as a whole; its a bunch of veterans with no experience playing together thrown behind a poor OL. We will see, but Moss should get 70 recs by default.

I got him pegged for about 4 catches and 60 yards a game, with 8 TDs.

Looks like serviceable WR2 numbers, to me, in PPR.

He's going way late, too, so good value pick.

I hate Santana Moss with a passion.

But even at that, I'm targeting him in the mid-late rounds - Rd 8 would nab him for sure. I still don't think I would trust him as a WR2, but as a WR3, I'll gamble.

He's gone in the 7th round in 2 money leagues that I participate in.

Other guys drafted just before and after him were:

Draft #1: TO, Johnny Knox, Mike Wallace, Who's Yo Mama, and Aromashodu

Draft #2: Mike Wallace, TO, Hakeem Nicks, Who's Yo Mama, Meachem

edit: these are 12 teamers, btw.

I was never big fan of Moss, but he always manages to put up decent numbers. 70 catches last year in PPR is not bad for a WR3, though he hit the end zone only 3 times. I usually pass him up, but I've got belief that he and McNabb will connect this year if both parties stay healthy. I picked him up in the 8th.

6 TD's? 1,050 yards?

That sounds about right. But 75% of those numbers will probably come in 3 games.

i never even think about taking that scrub. every year i pass on him without giving it a second thought. this year i actually thought about maybe ranking him a bit higher cause of the donovan factor, but then i came to my senses. mcnabb spreads the ball around and he's got some decent weapons in portis, cooley, thomas ... and i think james thrash LOL! it doesn't really matter. i wouldn't take moss over any of the guys going around the same time.

I wanted Moss in my money league. Unfortunately he went a little early. He was drafted late in the 6th round of a 10 team league.

It looked like McNabb was really looking to get the ball to him in Week 2 of the preseason. He targeted him 6 times and the chemistry was developing.

I like Moss to go over 1,000 yards receiving with 8 or 9 TDs this season, providing McNabb plays all 16 games. 80 catches seems about right.

Hell, if he can get 70 catches and 900 yards last year with Jason Campbell at the helm, I think he will get 10 more catches and 1,000+ this year.

That sounds about right. But 75% of those numbers will probably come in 3 games.

This right here. He's the ultimate guy that will win you a week or two, but he won't win you a championship ... well unless his yearly 9-150-2 comes in Week 16-17.

i dont think mcnabb is that good....and i def dont think Moss is good at all....he reminds me of an OLD lee evans (1 week he puts up insane #'s, than disappears for weeks)

so basically i rather have Cooley or even devin thomas

Cooley will be the only one puttin up stats there like every year

As a WR3 with a ton of upside that late in a draft.....yes, he is great value.

However, lets keep in mind that he is 31 years old. This matters because, although Moss has morphed into a decent possession receiver over the years because of being on a sorry team with bad QB play, his upside game has always been speed, which I would imagine is declining, and McNabb doesn't exactly have a cannon. McNabb is a big upgrade to be sure, but as the WR1 in an offense where D's will now be forced to at least respect the pass threat, he is not gonna sneak up on anyone and will likely get the attention of the best defensive backs each week.

The truth is, he is a hard one to predict this season for me with all the coaching and personnel changes. Those 900 yards and 70 receptions last season cannot be denied and shouldn't be ignored. The D. Thomas factor is also out there, although I am certainly not sold on him....in fact, wouldn't shock me if he were cut. Under Shannys system, will Moss be a Rod Smith or an Ashley Lelie? I don't know, but would guess something right in between....average year with #'s similar to last year with maybe another TD or two with Kelly being on IR. Not bad value.....and upside is certainly there. I think that far too many people simply have "Santana Moss Fatigue", hence the low ADP.

I might add that there has been a lot of positive camp talk about, of all people, Roydell Willimas....who broke his finger in training camp last year, and Zorn seemed to forget about him. He could sneak up on people this year.

Or VJ could come to town :ninja:

In any kind of H2H league the guy will drive you insane. His MO is a huge game here or there and then 2 catches for 39 yards in every other game. FFToday has him ranked 19th among WR's. IMO that's laughable. He's ranked ahead of Crabtree, Bowe, Harvin, Wallace, Floyd, and Garcon.....all guys I wouldn't hesitate to take ahead of him. His ADP is 6.10 but I wouldn't take him above a 4th WR personally.

It all depends on McNafro

70rec 900yds seems about right to me. Although I keep thinking of Eddie Royal's (91rec 980yds) rookie year with Shanny's offense. Along with McNabbs ability to get the ball to D Jackson, J Maclin and J Avant in the open. So that 900yds could be a little low.