Sign in to follow this  
RSersen

Who's Rolling with Vick in Week 2?

Vick is going to disappoint some people this week. Especially Schaub owners who are benching him.

Did you guys just see the Cowboys score or did you actually watch the game??? I must have missed the part where Romo went 31/47 280 yds and a TD. And Austin went something like 10-120-1.

I must have missed the fact that Dallas had 2 bums for the Oline and Houston has a legit oline that can protect Schaub.

But whatever, your call!

Vick is going to disappoint some people this week. Especially Schaub owners who are benching him.

Did you guys just see the Cowboys score or did you actually watch the game??? I must have missed the part where Romo went 31/47 280 yds and a TD. And Austin went something like 10-120-1.

I must have missed the fact that Dallas had 2 bums for the Oline and Houston has a legit oline that can protect Schaub.

But whatever, your call!

I didn't miss that. I also didn't miss the part where Foster had twice as many handoffs as Schaub had dropbacks, and had 230 yards. Houston does have a legit o-line, which doesn't just mean they can protect Schaub, but that they can continue opening holes for the running game.

Washington's defense doesn't worry me. It's this new running game of the Texans. Is Kubiak going to try to ride Foster, and turn Schaub into a game manager QB, with 20 attempts a game? Or was that just a freak accident, and we'll see Schaub and AJ go back to racking up yards? I have no idea - but I can't afford another 7 point effort from Schaub. I'll roll with Vick, and watch what the Texans do from afar.

Vick wasn't a great fantasy QB when he was a regular starter, so I don't know why all the Vick Kool-Aid is going around now. He hasn't played much, and yes he had a good game, but Green Bay hadn't game planned for him playing the entire game. I understand the Lions are a poor team vs. the pass defense, but I'm not buying all the hype. I've seen a couple posters say they're starting him over someone like Schaub...that's crazy to me.

Vick wasn't a great fantasy QB when he was a regular starter, so I don't know why all the Vick Kool-Aid is going around now. He hasn't played much, and yes he had a good game, but Green Bay hadn't game planned for him playing the entire game. I understand the Lions are a poor team vs. the pass defense, but I'm not buying all the hype. I've seen a couple posters say they're starting him over someone like Schaub...that's crazy to me.

Vick was at the very least a top 10 fantasy QB when he was a regular starter. Look it up. Also, enough with Green Bay didn't game plan for Vick...if they didn't, they definitely should have. The eagles plan was to use both QBs even before Kolb got hurt...and they did. So what is the master plan to stop Vick? So Detroit puts a "spy" on him this week and totally shuts him down?

I didn't miss that. I also didn't miss the part where Foster had twice as many handoffs as Schaub had dropbacks, and had 230 yards. Houston does have a legit o-line, which doesn't just mean they can protect Schaub, but that they can continue opening holes for the running game.

Washington's defense doesn't worry me. It's this new running game of the Texans. Is Kubiak going to try to ride Foster, and turn Schaub into a game manager QB, with 20 attempts a game? Or was that just a freak accident, and we'll see Schaub and AJ go back to racking up yards? I have no idea - but I can't afford another 7 point effort from Schaub. I'll roll with Vick, and watch what the Texans do from afar.

Good points, but you have to take in account that Washington's rushing defense has always done pretty well compared to the pass. They're a quick defense that can react quick. I think Houston's running game will be slowed down early and will force them to go through the air and be rewarded big time.

I then think they'll keep going through the air, unless late in the 4th the game is over they'll run Foster.

I mean lets be honest here? When has Indy ever slowed down the run game? Wasn't it 2 years ago when MJD and Fred Taylor combine for 300+ yards. Old man Freddy ran 100+ on them. Washington is much tougher and Houston will be brought back to reality, they're a passing team first.

2002- 2,936 pass yards, 16 TD's, 8 ints, 777 rush yards, 8 TD's

2004- 2,313 pass yards, 14 TD's, 12 ints, 902 rush yards, 3 TD's

2005- 2,412 pass yards, 15 TD's, 13 ints, 597 rush yards, 6 TD's

2006- 2,474 pass yards, 20 TD's, 13 ints, 1,039 rush yards, 2 TD's

The 4 years Michael Vick played a full season, he put up 291.14, 232.72, 226.18, and 268.86 fantasy points. I'm pretty sure thats a top 10 fantasy QB with some years where he was in the top 3-5. He averaged 16.71 fantasy points per game over those 4 seasons.

Starting Vick in only 1 league. Vick over C. Palmer.

Shaub should NEVER be benched. You NEVER bench your STUDS!

I wouldn't call Matt Schaub a stud. Is he most likely started ever week? Yes. Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, and Peyton Manning are the only QB's I would never bench. They were 1st or 2nd round picks. You didn't take them that high to ever bench them. Matt Schaub was likely a 4th or 5th round pick and the 6th or 7th QB taken in most leagues. I wouldn't call him a must start every week no matter what type guy.

Would I start Michael Vick over Romo, Brady, or Schaub this week? An argument certainly can be made. If you are a conservative, risk averse type fantasy player, those 3 guys are all safer options, but Vick is a very high upside play this week. I wouldn't question anyone for rolling the dice with him unless they have Brees, Rodgers, or Manning on their roster already. Just my opinion.

I'm starting Vick over Brees. Vick needs to impress Andy Reid to get the full time job. The Detroit defense will be only too happy to oblidge. Brees is on the road against a revenge minded opponent that has aspirations of winning thier division. Singletary thanked Seattle for last week's @ss whooping on the public stage already. Singletary knows his team will be a completely different looking squad come Monday night.

Good points, but you have to take in account that Washington's rushing defense has always done pretty well compared to the pass. They're a quick defense that can react quick. I think Houston's running game will be slowed down early and will force them to go through the air and be rewarded big time.

I then think they'll keep going through the air, unless late in the 4th the game is over they'll run Foster.

I mean lets be honest here? When has Indy ever slowed down the run game? Wasn't it 2 years ago when MJD and Fred Taylor combine for 300+ yards. Old man Freddy ran 100+ on them. Washington is much tougher and Houston will be brought back to reality, they're a passing team first.

Good points. Hope you're right. I ended up having to drop Vick today. Someone in my league inexplicably dropped VJax today, to pick up a better defense to play. Couldn't pass him up with all the trade rumors swirling, and had no one else to drop. So, back to Schaub it is.

But to those still going with Vick - I still believe he's a good play.

I'm starting Vick over Brees. Vick needs to impress Andy Reid to get the full time job. The Detroit defense will be only too happy to oblidge. Brees is on the road against a revenge minded opponent that has aspirations of winning thier division. Singletary thanked Seattle for last week's @ss whooping on the public stage already. Singletary knows his team will be a completely different looking squad come Monday night.

First of all, Vick isn't getting the full time job NO MATTER what he does this week, next week, or the following week. When Kevin Kolb is healthy, he will be the starter. The Eagles just gave him a multiyear deal and have to find out what they have in him. Andy Reid is as stubborn as they come, and Kolb will be his QB when he is healthy.

Second of all, I think benching Drew Brees in any week he is healthy and playing is a bad move. Could Vick outperform him this week? Certainly. But Drew Brees has proven he can get it done any week against any opponent. Michael Vick hasn't started a football game since 2006. I do like him this week, but not over the best QB in the NFL.

I'm starting Vick because I have to, over Kolb (who I kept....I did NOT release him) and Favre, who has no one to throw to with Sidney Rice out. If I had a Schaub, Brady, or Brees, I would have never picked Vick up in the first place.

I agree with MDC & Stewburtx8 - there's no reason for Philly not to play Kolb when he gets healthy. Plus, to those who are jumping off the Kolb bandwagon after one week, remember that he was playing against a Green Bay defence that was rated as one of the best in the league coming into the season. Seems a little early to bail on the guy, no? :unsure:

Sounds like Philly is a bit nervous that the Vick bandwagon is going to get a bit too much momentum for them to take a good look at Kolb. If Vick lights up Detroit and Kolb starts week 3, you'd have to figure that he wouldn't have a super long leash.

Why would I have to figure that, genius? :rolleyes:

Eagles fan here and Vick is a terrific play this week. He'll probably rush for 40-50 and in most scoring formats that's the equivalent of 125 passing yards. If you figure he throws for even 150 and figures into 1-2 touchdowns you're looking at around 15-20 points minimum. There's always the chance he kills you with INTs or a few fumbles but I'd say he's a pretty high floor start for teams that don't have a better option.

That said, there is NO WAY ON EARTH Vick continues to start when Kolb gets healthy, which should be the following week or the week after that at latest. Vick could go throw for 400 yards and 4 scores this week and the next and Andy Reid would still put Kolb back in when he's ready because Kolb's younger, the team has been grooming him for years, Vick's contract is up at the year, the Eagles gave Kolb a pricey extension, and the head coach is stubborn as a mule.

Start Vick this week, don't count on starting him for many more games unless you're banking on Kolb having 4-5 disasterous games in a row when he gets back, because that's what it will take for Kolb to lose the starting job.

Dare I say it? This is the voice of reason for every single reason stated here.

Washington's defense sucks a d!ck. I don't give a fock what happened in the Cowboys/Redskins game.

Vick puts up about 5 points this week. you heard it here first folks

Only if he throws like 4 INT's and you're in a negative scoring league.

If you're in a non-neg scoring system, throw his ass out there and :doublethumbsup:

Only if he throws like 4 INT's and you're in a negative scoring league.

If you're in a non-neg scoring system, throw his ass out there and :doublethumbsup:

Lions D is gonna shut him DOWN. He completes a few passes to the TE but thats about it. I expect some INTs.

We shall see

Dare I say it? This is the voice of reason for every single reason stated here.

I agree in part, but Kolb was so deer-in-the-headlights that I don't think he makes it past his 1st start back.

I happen to think the Lions might have the best front 4 in the league, and Kolb would get killed. And I think Andy Reid knows it. There's a reason they didn't trade Vick and I think it may be because Reid knows what he's capable of.

I traded for Vick with Kolb and Flacco or my roster. I agree that Vick may not win the starting job outright but we don't know how long Kolb will be out and we certainly don't know how long he will stay on the field when he comes back.

Im betting Vick gets destroyed.

The guy sucks ... did you see him on Pro vs Joes .. he even lost that. Detroit is going to bottle him up and make him toss 3 ints.

Of course he will scramble for like 80 yards but I don't see too much from him. And if Im wrong who cares, its one game and its Detroit. He's not the answer for the Eagles.

Vick was at the very least a top 10 fantasy QB when he was a regular starter. Look it up. Also, enough with Green Bay didn't game plan for Vick...if they didn't, they definitely should have. The eagles plan was to use both QBs even before Kolb got hurt...and they did. So what is the master plan to stop Vick? So Detroit puts a "spy" on him this week and totally shuts him down?

The packers spent the whole week studying Kolb, a drop-back, west coast running offense type of QB..... not as Vick as the focal point of the offense.... Yes, they knew Vick would come in -- and he did frequently in the first half -- and he did jack squat....

When Vick was all loosey-goosey with nothing to lose down 20-3/27-10 in the second half, he made some great plays... hats off to him... but if Rodgers doesn't have the worst game of his career or Grant doesn't go down early while he is simply gouging the PHI def back to back to back runs, this game is a complete blowout and Vick's running around in the second half is meaningless... and nobody is talking about anything this week... (and, yes, if my grandpa had nuggets he'd be my grandma....)

Detroit is one the worst football teams in the history of the NFL, so by all means play Vick this week.... but my hunch is that preparing for him 40 hours this week as THE focal point of the offense that they will do a better job than the Packers....

Kolb will a good quarterback in this league... maybe great. Vick is not the Eagles future.... Even Favre was not good in his first year.... it takes time...

Eagles fans need to realize that their team is not going any where any time soon, and that Kolb is their future.... I would love to see Vick play the whole season (besides against crapass Det.) because he will be a tremendous FAIL.... But I have a hunch that PHI's management and coaches are smarter than some of their fans.... :cheers:

The packers spent the whole week studying Kolb, a drop-back, west coast running offense type of QB..... not as Vick as the focal point of the offense.... Yes, they knew Vick would come in -- and he did frequently in the first half -- and he did jack squat....

When Vick was all loosey-goosey with nothing to lose down 20-3/27-10 in the second half, he made some great plays... hats off to him... but if Rodgers doesn't have the worst game of his career or Grant doesn't go down early while he is simply gouging the PHI def back to back to back runs, this game is a complete blowout and Vick's running around in the second half is meaningless... and nobody is talking about anything this week... (and, yes, if my grandpa had nuggets he'd be my grandma....)

Detroit is one the worst football teams in the history of the NFL, so by all means play Vick this week.... but my hunch is that preparing for him 40 hours this week as THE focal point of the offense that they will do a better job than the Packers....

Kolb will a good quarterback in this league... maybe great. Vick is not the Eagles future.... Even Favre was not good in his first year.... it takes time...

Eagles fans need to realize that their team is not going any where any time soon, and that Kolb is their future.... I would love to see Vick play the whole season (besides against crapass Det.) because he will be a tremendous FAIL.... But I have a hunch that PHI's management and coaches are smarter than some of their fans.... :cheers:

Ummm...did you forget the part where this was a 3-3 game until inside the 2 minute warning of the first half, with the Eagles offense and Kevin Kolb playing about as bad as they could play? The play calling was absolutely awful as usual. The Eagles defense did a tremendous job against Rodgers and company, despite being constantly on the field as the Eagles offense managed very few first downs. The Packers are no doubt a better team than the Eagles, but this game was VERY close. The Eagles were driving down 13-3 early in the 2nd half until Eldrick Bunkley (why is he in the game?) fumbled and the Packers went down to make it 20-3. If this game was one more quarter longer, I think the Eagles probably win. The Packers had no answer for Vick, and this wasn't the Packers best performance offensively obviously. But they got the win, which is what good teams do even on bad days. I still think the Packers go something like 13-3 and end up the #1 seed in the NFC.

I agree with a lot of the other things you said. This Eagles team is not a playoff contender (especially with injuries to Jamaal Jackson and Leonard Weaver) and they have to see what they have in Kevin Kolb. He will be their starting QB unless he is really bad for an extended period of time. I still think he can be a good NFL QB, one half of football is hardly a good assessment, especially when the play calling was as bad as it was.

But I don't agree that Michael Vick can't still be a starting QB in the NFL. Did you see some of the QB's starting in Week 1? There are some really bad QB's in the NFL right now. Michael Vick can certainly start somewhere and have success. He is 38-28-1 as a starter in the NFL. He will never be the best passer, but he will always make plays. The Michael Vick that played the 2nd half on Sunday showed many flashes of the Michael Vick that played in Atlanta in the mid 2000's. Michael Vick probably gives the Eagles the best chance to win right now, but I don't see the point in starting him, because Kevin Kolb needs to develop and be given a chance to be successful. As stated above, this team isn't winning consistently this year anyways.

Ummm...did you forget the part where this was a 3-3 game until inside the 2 minute warning of the first half, with the Eagles offense and Kevin Kolb playing about as bad as they could play? The play calling was absolutely awful as usual. The Eagles defense did a tremendous job against Rodgers and company, despite being constantly on the field as the Eagles offense managed very few first downs. The Packers are no doubt a better team than the Eagles, but this game was VERY close. The Eagles were driving down 13-3 early in the 2nd half until Eldrick Bunkley (why is he in the game?) fumbled and the Packers went down to make it 20-3. If this game was one more quarter longer, I think the Eagles probably win. The Packers had no answer for Vick, and this wasn't the Packers best performance offensively obviously. But they got the win, which is what good teams do even on bad days. I still think the Packers go something like 13-3 and end up the #1 seed in the NFC.

I agree with a lot of the other things you said. This Eagles team is not a playoff contender (especially with injuries to Jamaal Jackson and Leonard Weaver) and they have to see what they have in Kevin Kolb. He will be their starting QB unless he is really bad for an extended period of time. I still think he can be a good NFL QB, one half of football is hardly a good assessment, especially when the play calling was as bad as it was.

But I don't agree that Michael Vick can't still be a starting QB in the NFL. Did you see some of the QB's starting in Week 1? There are some really bad QB's in the NFL right now. Michael Vick can certainly start somewhere and have success. He is 38-28-1 as a starter in the NFL. He will never be the best passer, but he will always make plays. The Michael Vick that played the 2nd half on Sunday showed many flashes of the Michael Vick that played in Atlanta in the mid 2000's. Michael Vick probably gives the Eagles the best chance to win right now, but I don't see the point in starting him, because Kevin Kolb needs to develop and be given a chance to be successful. As stated above, this team isn't winning consistently this year anyways.

I don't claim that the game was never close.... see if you can find where I did...

I said when Vick came in, it was 20-3/27-10 and he was able to play loosey-goosey and that he did a great job...

Perhaps you are arguing with somebody else?

Rodgers was terrible... his throws were awful.... I don't expect him to ever play that poorly again... And it wasn't anything the PHI defense was doing... The first INT was an Immaculate Reception INT bouncing off several players and the only reason that throw had to be made was because PHI sacked Rodgers by pulling him down by the facemask (which wasn't called)... Rodgers other INT was an obvious wet ball that sailed 50 feet over everybody's head...

My point was if that Rodgers even just has an average game or Grant doesn't go out when he is just running right through the Eagle defense, that this game becomes such a rout that the whole world is not gargling Vick's nutz constantly this week...

Packers had no answer for Vick? It seemed the game ended with Vick on his back well short of the first down....

Put Vick in a normal game (see first half of the Packer game) where its run, run, got to make an accurate throw on third down to keep the chains moving and we'll see how he does moving forward....

He had the ideal situation in the second half of the Packers game... getting trounced, throwing on every single down, running aournd and making plays.... and he excelled... more power to him...

I like Vick and I wish him the best.... let's just sit back and watch how he does against the worst football team in the history of the NFL this week... but with a week to gameplan him....

And then we'll re-visit

I don't claim that the game was never close.... see if you can find where I did...

I said when Vick came in, it was 20-3/27-10 and he was able to play loosey-goosey and that he did a great job...

Perhaps you are arguing with somebody else?

Rodgers was terrible... his throws were awful.... I don't expect him to ever play that poorly again... And it wasn't anything the PHI defense was doing... The first INT was an Immaculate Reception INT bouncing off several players and the only reason that throw had to be made was because PHI sacked Rodgers by pulling him down by the facemask (which wasn't called)... Rodgers other INT was an obvious wet ball that sailed 50 feet over everybody's head...

My point was if that Rodgers even just has an average game or Grant doesn't go out when he is just running right through the Eagle defense, that this game becomes such a rout that the whole world is not gargling Vick's nutz constantly this week...

Packers had no answer for Vick? It seemed the game ended with Vick on his back well short of the first down....

Put Vick in a normal game (see first half of the Packer game) where its run, run, got to make an accurate throw on third down to keep the chains moving and we'll see how he does moving forward....

He had the ideal situation in the second half of the Packers game... getting trounced, throwing on every single down, running aournd and making plays.... and he excelled... more power to him...

I like Vick and I wish him the best.... let's just sit back and watch how he does against the worst football team in the history of the NFL this week... but with a week to gameplan him....

And then we'll re-visit

My point was you're assuming it would be a blowout if Rodgers played even average or Grant was healthy. Ryan Grant had only 3 good runs in a row in the 2nd quarter after the Eagles offense went 3 and out two straight series and the defense got no break. Your totally disregarding the fact that the Eagles offense was NON-EXISTANT in the first half. With even average play calling or execution from Kolb and the Eagles might of been up 10-0 early in that game. Then it could be a whole different game also. The Eagles also had 10 penalties for 80 yards, the Packers had 2 penalties.

When Vick came in it was 13-3, and he had the Eagles driving down to the Packers 34 yard line on the first possession of the 2nd half before Eldrick Bunkley fumbled the ball away. It was not a blowout at that point. If the Eagles get points there like they should, its a one possession game already.

I wouldn't call the first half a "normal" situation. The rotating of Kolb and Vick was IDIOTIC. But that doesn't suprise me from Andy Reid. His in game management has always been below average. But to keep bringing Vick in the game in the first half, and give neither QB a chance to get in rhythm, didn't help anyone. And the Eagles throw on EVERY down regardless of the score or situation.

Vick ended up on his back on the last play of the game because the Eagles made the most obvious play call possible Everyone knew it was coming. Again, this doesn't suprise me. The correct play call would of been to let Vick get outside with a run/pass option. I'd think he'd get the yard a much higher percentage of the time if you let him do what he does best.

Again, I know Rodgers wasn't good, and I expect him to be a lot better also. I'd be suprised if the Packers and Saints don't meet in the NFC title game this season. But on Sunday neither team was very good. A lot of things could of been different to change the outcome of this specific game.

And I'd say lets see what Vick does this week, but that wouldn't really be fair. I'd be suprised if he isn't at least somewhat successful against the awful Lions. And then we may not see him start anymore. So he may not get his chance to prove anything this season.

I have Cutler as my starter and have Roethlisberger stashed for when he returns, but the lure of Vick was too strong this week and Cutler's matchup too poor. I dropped Big Ben and am rolling with the Dog Pound!

My point was you're assuming it would be a blowout if Rodgers played even average or Grant was healthy. Ryan Grant had only 3 good runs in a row in the 2nd quarter after the Eagles offense went 3 and out two straight series and the defense got no break. Your totally disregarding the fact that the Eagles offense was NON-EXISTANT in the first half. With even average play calling or execution from Kolb and the Eagles might of been up 10-0 early in that game. Then it could be a whole different game also. The Eagles also had 10 penalties for 80 yards, the Packers had 2 penalties.

When Vick came in it was 13-3, and he had the Eagles driving down to the Packers 34 yard line on the first possession of the 2nd half before Eldrick Bunkley fumbled the ball away. It was not a blowout at that point. If the Eagles get points there like they should, its a one possession game already.

I wouldn't call the first half a "normal" situation. The rotating of Kolb and Vick was IDIOTIC. But that doesn't suprise me from Andy Reid. His in game management has always been below average. But to keep bringing Vick in the game in the first half, and give neither QB a chance to get in rhythm, didn't help anyone. And the Eagles throw on EVERY down regardless of the score or situation.

Vick ended up on his back on the last play of the game because the Eagles made the most obvious play call possible Everyone knew it was coming. Again, this doesn't suprise me. The correct play call would of been to let Vick get outside with a run/pass option. I'd think he'd get the yard a much higher percentage of the time if you let him do what he does best.

Again, I know Rodgers wasn't good, and I expect him to be a lot better also. I'd be suprised if the Packers and Saints don't meet in the NFC title game this season. But on Sunday neither team was very good. A lot of things could of been different to change the outcome of this specific game.

And I'd say lets see what Vick does this week, but that wouldn't really be fair. I'd be suprised if he isn't at least somewhat successful against the awful Lions. And then we may not see him start anymore. So he may not get his chance to prove anything this season.

The Eagles defense was tired early in the 2nd quarter :overhead: .... that's why Grant gashed them for three straight big runs? :lol:

I love it.... you are like the Eagles homer version of me :cheers:

Everything else.... we probably agree on much more than we disagree on....

One thing that really stuck out: I'm used to seeing really good Eagle defenses ('specially at home) over the last decade.... this isn't one of them...

got him in 1 league, not the one I had kolb and stafford in unfortunately, and am rolling with him and McCoy. I'm expecting 4 tds combined between the 2, about 200 yards rushing, and about 40-80 receiving and 150-200 passing. I think those are conservative numbers, that can be blown out of the water if the lions really can't figure out the vick offense. ANd I think that is a strong possibility. He looked damn good against a fairly staunch pack D, because there is no D for those broken plays and exits out of the pocket. Lions will be utterly confused. Looking forward to the game, might actually head out to the sports bar to watch it live...

One thing that really stuck out: I'm used to seeing really good Eagle defenses ('specially at home) over the last decade.... this isn't one of them...

The "really good Eagles defenses" were buried along with Jim Johnson. I wouldn't be expecting to see anything similar for a long, long time to come.

I'm leaning towards starting Vick over BRADY this week! Brady @ NYJ just doesn't excite me this week...

Your gonna regret that :thumbsup:

I picked up Vick in one league and im debating between Vick and Matt Ryan :unsure: Im about 80% toward Ryan because i also have Roddy White and love the dbl pts :cheers:

Last week Vick looked great but the Packers did not prepare all week for Vick they prepared all week for Kolb and a little bit of Vick. The Lions have all week to prepare for Vick but the good news is they well they are the.....LIONS :thumbsdown:

Vick is a different guy than he ws in his Atlanta years. Number one you can hear it when he talks, he is a more mature person whos life experiences have changed him.

As a Qb he is more accurate and looks respectable as a passer. The fact that his speed has has returned to a level close to his ATL days make him a double threat who has more potential than he did five years ago.

He could take off with this opportunity just as much as fall on his face. If he looks great and leads this team to a convincing win it will be hard to go back to what we saw with Kolb last week.

Vick is a different guy than he ws in his Atlanta years. Number one you can hear it when he talks, he is a more mature person whos life experiences have changed him.

As a Qb he is more accurate and looks respectable as a passer. The fact that his speed has has returned to a level close to his ATL days make him a double threat who has more potential than he did five years ago.

He could take off with this opportunity just as much as fall on his face. If he looks great and leads this team to a convincing win it will be hard to go back to what we saw with Kolb last week.

You sure about that?? :unsure: I thought i read somewhere he said the Eagles would have won the game if he had started? Not very nice :nono:

got him in 1 league, not the one I had kolb and stafford in unfortunately, and am rolling with him and McCoy. I'm expecting 4 tds combined between the 2, about 200 yards rushing, and about 40-80 receiving and 150-200 passing. I think those are conservative numbers, that can be blown out of the water if the lions really can't figure out the vick offense. ANd I think that is a strong possibility. He looked damn good against a fairly staunch pack D, because there is no D for those broken plays and exits out of the pocket. Lions will be utterly confused. Looking forward to the game, might actually head out to the sports bar to watch it live...

4 combined tds - check.

Passing yards - exceeded

rushing yards - only half way there

receiving yards - not even close

Still 20 minutes left to play against a porous D.

Good week for the vick/mccoy combo posse!

Good points. Hope you're right. I ended up having to drop Vick today. Someone in my league inexplicably dropped VJax today, to pick up a better defense to play. Couldn't pass him up with all the trade rumors swirling, and had no one else to drop. So, back to Schaub it is.

But to those still going with Vick - I still believe he's a good play.

You're welcome! Even though you didn't take my advice and it was because of VJax, but still. I told people to stay with Schaub and he outperformed Vick by a pretty decent margin.