Sign in to follow this  
fugoondo

Bowe

I didnt thank Gawd. Was giving him one last chance against sorry a$$ houston D.

I think his TD celebration where he was trying to spike the ball but the ball was stuck to his hand was CLASSIC!!!

I think his TD celebration where he was trying to spike the ball but the ball was stuck to his hand was CLASSIC!!!

Ha, I played Bowe this week and told myself if he couldn't produce v. HOU I was going to cut his ass. Then, when D-Jax scored his second touchdown on my bench (in favor of Bowe), I nearly punched myself in the balls. Then, just when things looked terrible, Bowe emerges from the ashes like a rising Phoenix with TWO touchdowns!

Balls baby! I was patting myself on the back all afternoon.

That being said, I may play him v. JAX then never start him again. :lol:

his TD celebration where he was trying to spike the ball but the ball was stuck to his hand was CLASSIC!!!

Yeah, and for those who didn't see it, remember he had dropped two passes the week before vs. Indy, including one in the endzone...this time, vs. Houston, with the big receiving day and two touchdowns - he had zero drops...when he went to celebrate the 2nd TD, he made it look like the ball was "stuck" to his hand, even looking at it, puzzled, why he couldn't throw it to the ground...point being: "I'm so not dropping shiat today, my hands are like glue". Comical, and cool that he was making fun of himself for the drops the week before.

Yeah, and for those who didn't see it, remember he had dropped two passes the week before vs. Indy, including one in the endzone...this time, vs. Houston, with the big receiving day and two touchdowns - he had zero drops...when he went to celebrate the 2nd TD, he made it look like the ball was "stuck" to his hand, even looking at it, puzzled, why he couldn't throw it to the ground...point being: "I'm so not dropping shiat today, my hands are like glue". Comical, and cool that he was making fun of himself for the drops the week before.

Agreed....super sick.

Agreed....super sick.

It's nice to see that type of acknowledgement in a game for something the fans and media were really talking about. When stuff like that happens, I dig it. It reminds me that most of these athletes really do pay attention and care about what the fans and media are saying about them. Human beings for the win.

Yeah, I benched him.....and Calvin Johnson. <_<

At least I didn't drop him though....like a lot of folks here did.

In spite of my best efforts, I just couldn't find anyone else to start. I didn't want to start him but it was Bowe or Moreno. I got a much needed win this week thanks to him.

The way I see it, he'll have one more great week next week and then you should trade him while his value is at an all time high!!

Benched him at the last second for Garcon, so didn't end up too bad. Was pretty pissed throughout the day until SNF.

Chiefs remaining schedule is cream puff...i may be relying on ol' Bowe for a bit now.

Yep. I was on high on Bowe coming into the season as he attend Fitz's off season camp and everything was looking great with an easy schedule.

The Chiefs have proven to be better defensiviely than anyone thought and with their dynamic multi tiered running game, defeneses can't, won't and shouldn't make stopping Bowe a priority.

If he didn't drop that td in Indy it would be 4 tds in 3 games....with a cream puff schedule upcoming. I'll take !!

I benched him for Smith NYG, Gaffney, and Wallace in a PPR league (IBL). Probably cost me a couple of wins; we play 7 games each week. Those three all did pretty well though. My bigger mistake in hindsight was that I could have plugged him in for Tolbert as a flex.

Worse though was losing in another league because I played against him. Oh and I benched Jennings for Floyd. But it is Bowe's fault, not mine. :overhead:

If a guy does well in a good matchup, he's not garbage; he's solid. Bowe nearly had a touchdown in his hands last week vs. the Colts and this week delivered huge vs. the Texans. Cassel's passes looked a little better that usual and the team as a whole looked stronger than what I first was willing to believe at the beginning of the season; the Chiefs definitely should have won this game (and that's not counting Andre Johnson's obvious push-off toward the end of the game, on Houston's go-ahead drive, that was not called). Moving forward, it seems like the Cassel-to-Bowe connection might have some legs, especially if the matchup is right.

Fortunately, I didn't have any better options. So, I crushed my opponent this week. High weeks scorer.

Sadly, I didn't have any better options.

I love the thread where I dropped Bowe and Knox last week.

I did however re-add Bowe and start him, one last shot. Zing!

Knox can still suck it though. Cutler will seriously get knocked out for the year if his line can't keep him from getting sacked (or if he learns to not take 10 seconds to throw the ball)

If there is two things everyone should have learned to do since a few weeks ago its....

1. You always start any wr/qb you have against Houston.

and

2. You always start any rb you have against the Colts.

If there is two things everyone should have learned to do since a few weeks ago its....

1. You always start any wr/qb you have against Houston.

and

2. You always start any rb you have against the Colts.

:thumbsup:

Meh it's been done a lot before, and by players a lot better than this loser

Meh it's been done a lot before, and by players a lot better than this loser

^^^

[A] dropped Bowe early

or

sat Bowe vs. Houston

:dunno:

^^^

[A] dropped Bowe early

or

sat Bowe vs. Houston

:dunno:

Seriously??

C Didn't touch Bowe in any league based on his ADP, and there are many threads and posts where I proclaim he is not worth drafting as a #2 WR

I think he took that TD celebration from a movie? I think it was from The Replacements?

I think he took that TD celebration from a movie? I think it was from The Replacements?

Yes, in that movie, the WR has bad hands and drops everything...so the coaches use sticky glue (illegally) in a game. When he does score a touchdown, the ball is so stuck to his hands that he can't spike it, lol. I thought the same thing when I saw Bowe; he was using the same motions as the WR in the film.

I sat him down this week in favor of Kenny Britt. I was down by 19 points heading into the game. Thankfully, I also had Bironas going for me.

:pointstosky: