Sign in to follow this  
indybearsfan

Bears 34, Eagles 3

So I should start the Bears DST? I'm worried. :wacko:

affirmative. the bears defense is who you think they are. :doublethumbsup:

Will Ditka be regular size, or 12" tall. If mini Ditka is coaching I think the score will be much closer. 10-3 Bears..... Da Bears

I know Chicago plays good defense but I don't think their O can score enough points to win this one. The Eagles are 2nd in overall O. The Bears are 25th. Philly also doesn't turn the ball over much and they're +15 in TO ratio. Chicago is +3 but they've allowed 37 sacks (worst in the league) and Cutler's already thrown 10 INTs and lost 4 fumbles.

I expect the Eagles to win, something in the order of 27-21. I think Philly has an excellent offense and a middle of the road defense. The Bears have an excellent defense and a bad offense. Vick is far superior to Cutler and I think turnovers are going to be the big difference.

I know Chicago plays good defense but I don't think their O can score enough points to win this one. The Eagles are 2nd in overall O. The Bears are 25th. Philly also doesn't turn the ball over much and they're +15 in TO ratio. Chicago is +3 but they've allowed 37 sacks (worst in the league) and Cutler's already thrown 10 INTs and lost 4 fumbles.

I expect the Eagles to win, something in the order of 27-21. I think Philly has an excellent offense and a middle of the road defense. The Bears have an excellent defense and a bad offense. Vick is far superior to Cutler and I think turnovers are going to be the big difference.

whats with all the logic and reasoning.. my gut says bears trounce the eagles, and I've got a considerable gut. go with the fat, its a motto that works at state fairs and it works here as well. I stick to bears 34 eagles 3.

and as for mini ditka, I have it on good authority he will be acting as the holder for all bears fg's in the game, he'll probably take one of them to the house on a fake.. who can stop mini ditka?

:cheers:

I think the Bears will do a good job against Vick... but not good enough

Shane Cutler throws 3 crucial INTs

Eagles win 27-16

The loss starts a six-game losing streak that ends with a thumping at Lambeau and the firing of Lovie :(

I think the Bears will do a good job against Vick... but not good enough

Shane Cutler throws 3 crucial INTs

Eagles win 27-16

The loss starts a six-game losing streak that ends with a thumping at Lambeau and the firing of Lovie :(

i can see why thats what you'd hope would happen, but really, if it did, would a :( face really sum up how you feal.. i'm guessing it would be more :banana: from your side of the green and gold glasses no?

well sorry to shatter your dreams packer backer cause come January your :( will be real.

Seriously. Is there any reason to think Chicago DST is a good play here?

I just checked my league and the Gmen scored 12, while giving up 27 in a loss.

It seems like the bears could do the same. DA BEARS. :pointstosky:

Seriously. Is there any reason to think Chicago DST is a good play here?

I just checked my league and the Gmen scored 12, while giving up 27 in a loss.

It seems like the bears could do the same. DA BEARS. :pointstosky:

the real answer is truly that the bears are never a bad dst play. the more points their D gives up, the more opportunities for the ST to score. the down side risk is that the bears give up 24 points, the upside risk is they give up 17 force a couple turn overs and score on special teams. I'm not sure, what your choices are, but i'd start them.

of course i'm a homer.

The Eagles have problems with their special teams and that has always been a strength for the Bears. Start the D as they have great return game.

I am really looking forward to this game to see how the Bears stack up against a solid team. They don't seem to get any credit when they beat a good team and get hammered for beating the teams they should (except for the Seahawks & Redskings). Hopefully they don't soil themselves like they did against the Giants.

the real answer is truly that the bears are never a bad dst play. the more points their D gives up, the more opportunities for the ST to score. the down side risk is that the bears give up 24 points, the upside risk is they give up 17 force a couple turn overs and score on special teams. I'm not sure, what your choices are, but i'd start them.

of course i'm a homer.

Good advice. My league counts returns for the player, not the D/ST, so the bears get a slight downgrade in that regard but they have still been on fire in my league.

20, 11, 14, 24 the past 4 weeks.

34 - 3? Are you referring to the IQs of their quarterbacks?

Ummm....who is on the crap end of that? I could make arguements both ways.

Will Ditka be regular size, or 12" tall. If mini Ditka is coaching I think the score will be much closer. 10-3 Bears..... Da Bears

My team name is Mini Ditka!

:headbanger:

guess I was wrong.. :headbanger:

Great win :cheers:

Looks like I'm going to have to modify my prediction of da Bears losing their last 6 games :lol:

Awesome win. Hard to pick out a weak link from yesterday's game. The NFC picture is starting to clear up a bit

NFC East - Giants and eagles neck and nexk with a big game coming up to likely decide the division

NFC North - Despite the lead, will likely still come down to week 17, though the Packers have more "must win games" down the stretch. If they do win week 17, it could go deep into the tiebreaker list to decide it.

NFC South - Atl likely the top seed with NO the likely top wild card

NFC West - irrelevant - some poor pathetic group will win with a 7-9 record. My bet is the 49ers.

The interesting 2nd race is for the last wildcard - 2nd place in the east, 2nd place in the North and the surprising Bucs fighting it out for the last spot.

If Philly doesnt win the division, they are likely out as they lose several tiebreakers.

If the Giants dont win the division, they are in a decent tie breaking spot.

If the playoffs started today:

Falcons, Bears - BYE

TB @ St Louis

NO @ Philly

Key games down the stretch:

Week 15 Philly @ Giants

Week 16 Giants @ Packers, Saints @ Falcons

Week 17 Bears @ Packers, Bucs @ Saints

NFC North - Despite the lead, will likely still come down to week 17, though the Packers have more "must win games" down the stretch. If they do win week 17, it could go deep into the tiebreaker list to decide it.

After watching yesterday, I'm finally on board believing the Bears are legit. Thought many of their recent wins were kind of flukey but yesterday was a solid beatdown on a team that was considered the hottest team in the NFC.

As a Packer fan I really hope it comes down to week 17. Good times. :cheers:

After watching yesterday, I'm finally on board believing the Bears are legit. Thought many of their recent wins were kind of flukey but yesterday was a solid beatdown on a team that was considered the hottest team in the NFC.

As a Packer fan I really hope it comes down to week 17. Good times. :cheers:

For reference, the tiebreakers are as follows:

1. record

2. head to head

3. Common games

4. Conference games

5. Strength of victory

If the pack wins the last game, it may be possible for the first 4 to be tied. The pack have about a 50 point lead on the last one.

Awful performance by the Eagles from top to bottom in pretty much every phase of the game. I barely know where to start.

The OL was terrible, Vick overthrew receivers, wideouts dropped balls that hit them right on the numbers. The D couldn't stop the run and despite getting pretty good pressure they couldn't tackle or cover anyone. Losing Samuel really hurt but there's no excuse for repeatedly letting the Bears connect on 3rd down.

The offensive gameplan was really poor. Teams with quality defenses are going to rush four, drop everyone in coverage and play the safeties deep. You'd think the Eagles would respond by running the ball more, especially when McCoy is averaging almost 10 YPC like he did yesterday. You would think wrong though.

I have to give the Bears credit. I still think they're a one-and-done fraud in the playoffs but they made all the big plays they needed to make in the first half and their scoring drive to start the 3Q was a killer. They did what they had to do and came out with a strong win.

At least I get another Eagles game on Thursday to cleanse the stink of yesterday's bomb off. :cheers: