Sign in to follow this  
kutulu

Game of Thrones (no spoilers)

my mother feels that the show has lost it's luster, too many main characters (seasoned actors) are gone and we're left with people we don't care about (teen actors and side characters).

the show seems a bit desperate in that there's a need to have some sort of surprise killing.

the show didn't make it big just because of deaths, it had a rich story.

i agree with something i read on twitter: if jon snow doesn't wake up by the next episode, i'm out.

(not really...)

actually, while I dont read the books I have a few friends who had read the books before the show started. They say that Martin was big on the surprise/shock value killings to screw with readers.. Red wedding, etc. Also that the books are much more about the children (especially in the stark case) than they are the adults. So you're going to lose some of the good, older actors but not really the "main characters" as, for better or worse, those are meant to be Bran, Jon, Sansa, Arya etc...

and I wonder now that they are out of book if HBO will continue with surprise killings or play more to what the audience wants.

• Like 1

One can hope :wub:

Something tells me that her and Jamie will hook up and she will become pregnant.

I thought HBO would do a good job having to make it up as they go and not having a book to guide them. They definitely are not off to a good start.

Agreed, not encouraged so far. And even when there is still good book material they don't use it a lot of the time. Here is book quote from Doran that would have played beautifully in the scene last night but instead they think they have to dumb it down or something;

"I am not blind, nor deaf. I know you all believe me weak, frightened, feeble. Your father knew me better. Oberyn was ever the viper. Deadly, dangerous, unpredictable. No man dared tread on him. I was the grass. Pleasant, complaisant, sweet-smelling, swaying with every breeze. Who fears to walk upon the grass? But it is the grass that hides the viper from his enemies and shelters him until he strikes."

Little tip fellas, GRRM is still a MUCH better writer than anyone you have on staff, and has labored for DECADES over these books. When his words are there to be used, use them. Thanks in advance.

• Like 2

:clap:

another GOT convenience.

she just happens to show up the episode he gets kilt. (yes, I said kilt)

My wife watches Outlander (basically an 18th century love story set in Scotland). Every time I see it on I point to a male character and tell her that he get's kilt. It's funny the first time, really annoying the forth or fifth time, and then really funny again the hundredth time.

only read book 1 - here are a dumb guy's predictions:

1. Sansa becomes a bad-ass evil bi@tch (i.e. Cercei of the North)

2. Midget and Eunich rebuild Mereen

3. Arya remains blind forever but kicks more ass than any blind Kung Fu masters did AND BECOMES THE GUARDIAN OF HELL'S KITCHEN

4. Queen Margery "Walk of Shame" coming up!

5. Jon Snow is reincarnated by Red-T!ts in the Season Finale - and Jon's fate becomes a dragged-out root canal for viewers

Fixed :thumbsup:

i would agree with all of this except I dont see how they can wait for the finale to reincarnate Jon. He'd be dead a long time by then. I'd have to go back to the episode with the hound and arya and the guy who brings his buddy back to life a bunch to see if they establish guidelines about that sort of thing.

I also saw a breakdown of one of the trailers where they point out a guy who looks like Jon Snow in action... could be the finale I suppose but that would suck.

Jon has been my favorite character since episode 1.. he is followed closely by Bronn.

Agreed, I would add Sandor Clengane too. Both are minor characters in the book, but are both extremely entertaining and complex. Unfortunately GRRM has short-shifted them in the books.

I'm probably in danger in going full book-nerd retard here; but here is another book/show change that has just stuck in my craw;

In the book Jon tells Sam to go to Oldtown and the Citadel, partially to pursue becoming a maester, but mostly because he's prepping for battle with the White Walkers and knows they must learn everything about them that they can. So he makes the sacrifice of sending away his best friend and most trusted advisor. Sam doesn't want to go, but relents, because he knows Jon's reasoning is correct and that is how he can best help the NW's effort. In the show, leaving is all Sam's idea. The reasoning is the same, but the impetus is completely changed, and it kind of cheapens both characters IMO, with Sam almost running out on Jon; "Hey buddy, me and Gilly are going to take the baby and head south if that's cool?"

It's a pretty subtle change, but it's one of those I don't get at all. Why not just go with how it was written? :dunno:

• Like 1

Something tells me that her and Jamie will hook up and she will become pregnant.

Why would Jamie want her - she's not related to him by blood :wacko:

while the sand vipers boobs were pretty spectacular, naked nathalie Emmanuel still tops the list

while the sand vipers boobs were pretty spectacular, naked nathalie Emmanuel still tops the list

It's close. That Tyene chick really focking does it for me :wub:

I was thinking about this recently. When Jojen starts explaining to Bran about the seeing, he tells him that it can allow him to see things that "happened long before you were born." So even if old Howland never pops up, I think at some point Bran might be able to tell us just what happened at the Tower of Joy.

Hey, don't mind me, I'm just patting myself on the back.

Hey, don't mind me, I'm just patting myself on the back.

That kid looks like he went through the entirety of puberty since we last saw him. Thought it was a dif dude. He looked like a 9 yr old little kid when he first got to that cave, now he is 16.

That kid looks like he went through the entirety of puberty since we last saw him. Thought it was a dif dude. He looked like a 9 yr old little kid when he first got to that cave, now he is 16.

I could see why that wildling chick was going stir crazy. Apparently they've been hanging out by that tree north of the wall for like seven years :o

I could see why that wildling chick was going stir crazy. Apparently they've been hanging out by that tree north of the wall for like seven years :o

Even the Child of the Forest aged a bunch and they live thousands of years.

http://i.imgur.com/PF4gMU2.jpg

i agree with something i read on twitter: if jon snow doesn't wake up by the next episode, i'm out.

:banana:

So I finally got around to start watching this. Blew through the first 7 episodes yesterday and I’m told by everyone that it gets better as it goes along. I’m focking stoked.

Definitely wanna get caught up before S8 starts 👍

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, dain11279 said:

So I finally got around to start watching this. Blew through the first 7 episodes yesterday and I’m told by everyone that it gets better as it goes along. I’m focking stoked.

I'd love to know your thoughts as you get thru each season. 

there are no black people in GOT either. HBO should be ashamed 

3 hours ago, dain11279 said:

I was on the fence about It until I saw "The Red Wedding" episode. It does get better and better, and man I was all In after that.

5 hours ago, edjr said:

:blink:

21 hours ago, peenie said:

I'd love to know your thoughts as you get thru each season. 

Only was able to watch one episode yesterday, will finish season 1 up tonight. A few random thoughts:

- Whenever a brother and sister are focking right off the bat you're getting a pretty good idea what you're getting into.

- Tyrion Lannister is the best, can't get enough of him. I hope he's around for a while. I'm trying not to get to emotionally attached to any characters cuz I'm aware pretty much everyone dies.

- I'm a glutton for awesome death scenes, why I haven't started watching this show earlier is beyond me.

- Emilia Clarke is hot as fock.

• Like 1

Works better than fockin sominex. Dating a chick that watches this garbage. Every time I tell her, "wake me when theres some boobies or blood."

Battles are far to few and boobs far too infrequent to tolerate the constant blah, blah, blah that comes along with it. Garbage show.

On 3/10/2019 at 10:25 AM, edjr said:

the Princess Shirreen was after her date with the stake ... the Tarleys as well, after refusing to take the knee for that midget b!tch Khaleesi

🍆

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 10:25 AM, edjr said:

If you go by USA standards there are more than a few:

The translator for Queen of Dragons

rs_1024x759-170724125356-1024-game-of-th

The translator's lover Grey Worm

Game-of-Thrones-Jacob-Anderson-Unsullied

The guy in Slavers Bay that was going to marry the Queen of Dragons

rs_1024x759-150616160220-1024.joel-fry-g

Xaro Xhoan Daxos from the early seasons:

3050b6bec99d7847cb91e50d8283b1f0--daener

Kahl Drago is not black but Hawaiian and married to a black woman IRL:

jason-momoa-lisa-bonet-1068x623.jpg

:lol:

3 of them aren't even black enough to play the Williams sisters father

On 3/11/2019 at 4:17 AM, dain11279 said:

Only was able to watch one episode yesterday, will finish season 1 up tonight. A few random thoughts:

- Whenever a brother and sister are focking right off the bat you're getting a pretty good idea what you're getting into.

- Tyrion Lannister is the best, can't get enough of him. I hope he's around for a while. I'm trying not to get to emotionally attached to any characters cuz I'm aware pretty much everyone dies.

- I'm a glutton for awesome death scenes, why I haven't started watching this show earlier is beyond me.

- Emilia Clarke is hot as fock.

Yea I felt it got better as it went along and season 1 might be my least favorite or at least bottom 3. Soak up Emilia while you can, not to spoil but once she gets famous she stops agreeing to do gratuitous tittie and banging scenes.

i know that feeling of wanting to catch up before a new season. I did the same with Prison break when I saw they were making a new season years after the show finished. Never watched it before and I’m glad I did cuz it became one of my fave shows ever. God bless Netflix.

First couple episodes of Season 2 have been, uh, confusing is the word I guess. Many new characters being introduced but I'm keeping up for the most part. Fantastic viewing either way :thumbsup:

I’m halfway through season 3 😮

I can’t get enough. Little bit pissed that I know about the upcoming Red Wedding, that would’ve been a lot more great if it was a surprise.

Pretty sure the black chick they just introduced was in one of those horrible Fast and Furious movies. Schwing!

20 minutes ago, dain11279 said:

I’m halfway through season 3 😮

I can’t get enough. Little bit pissed that I know about the upcoming Red Wedding, that would’ve been a lot more great if it was a surprise.

Pretty sure the black chick they just introduced was in one of those horrible Fast and Furious movies. Schwing!

Dang, went on a bit of a weekend binge there I see. Keep the updates coming.

So Daenerys now has a fleet of psycho soldiers and 3 dragons, I'd say she's in the driver's seat :o

I hope Jamie turn's traitor on his family and ends up being one of the good guys, I'm rooting for him :thumbsup:

The wife just finished tonight. All seven seasons in two weeks. She's in withdrawal now. :lol:

Can't wait for the new ones. We're gonna download them and watch in the school theatre on the big screen, since nobody has HBO to watch live and it would be on during the workday anyway. 

1 hour ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

The wife just finished tonight. All seven seasons in two weeks. She's in withdrawal now. :lol:

Can't wait for the new ones. We're gonna download them and watch in the school theatre on the big screen, since nobody has HBO to watch live and it would be on during the workday anyway. 

And here I thought I was binging finishing 2 and a half seasons in a week and a half, slacker effort on my part apparently :thumbsdown:

I usually watch an episode or 2 a night then try to hammer out a season on the weekend. I'll be done before season 8 hits no problem.