Sign in to follow this  
Mike MacGregor

2011 Projection Pal

Projection Pal is now available for download. I haven't linked it up to the download page yet (shortly), but you can follow this direct link to find it and start importing projections, stats, notes, rankings, etc. into the Cheatsheet Compiler & Draft Buddy.

For those of you new to the Cheatsheet Compiler & Draft Buddy, or veteran users who just haven't tried out Projection Pal before, understand it is a completely OPTIONAL add-on for the CC/DB. It does help import data into the CC/DB, and line up that data with the right players, but it is not the easiest tool for everyone to use.

The reason is the nature of importing data from anywhere on the web - which can be presented in a vast multitude of ways - makes it difficult for any tool to import that data without some cleansing and massaging of the data (usually fussing with the player names) for the import to work.

With that caveat out of the way, if you want to truly customize your CC/DB to create cheatsheets that are truly unique to you, Projection Pal may be a big help in that respect.

Later on I will upload some pre-loaded Projection Pal files like I did last year so you can simply download those, click some buttons, and import that data into your CC/DB. Last year I did one for return yard stats, and one for playoff week matchups.

Projection Pal is now available for download. I haven't linked it up to the download page yet (shortly), but you can follow this direct link to find it and start importing projections, stats, notes, rankings, etc. into the Cheatsheet Compiler & Draft Buddy.

For those of you new to the Cheatsheet Compiler & Draft Buddy, or veteran users who just haven't tried out Projection Pal before, understand it is a completely OPTIONAL add-on for the CC/DB. It does help import data into the CC/DB, and line up that data with the right players, but it is not the easiest tool for everyone to use.

The reason is the nature of importing data from anywhere on the web - which can be presented in a vast multitude of ways - makes it difficult for any tool to import that data without some cleansing and massaging of the data (usually fussing with the player names) for the import to work.

With that caveat out of the way, if you want to truly customize your CC/DB to create cheatsheets that are truly unique to you, Projection Pal may be a big help in that respect.

Later on I will upload some pre-loaded Projection Pal files like I did last year so you can simply download those, click some buttons, and import that data into your CC/DB. Last year I did one for return yard stats, and one for playoff week matchups.

Thanks Mike. Tommy

Thanks Mike. Tommy

Mike Projection Pal isn't bringing the projections over correctly even though I've copied and pasted everything into projection pal. I"m sending you a copy of PP and CC/DB.

Tommy

Got your email Tommy and sent you a response.

For everyone else reading this, one thing we noticed is that in the Excel 2007-2011 version of the CC/DB, on the options tab in the box that defines the allocation keys, there is a typo for the 100% Site B key. It has 100% under FF Today and 100% under Site B, adding to 200%. Change the 100% under FF Today to 0% for that key. Otherwise the projections will look roughly doubled if you use that allocation key.

Hi Mike,

I've been using the cc/db for a number of years now and I love it. Thanks for a great product! I've been playing with projection pal and have run into an error that I'm not sure how to fix. I'm sure it's operator error, but when I paste the URL for Site B projections and hit "New Query" I get:

Run-time Error '438':

Object doesn't support this property or method

I'm running Excel 2011 on a mac. Any thoughts you have will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

Hey discmonkey. Thanks for the kind words. Glad to have you back!

What URL are you trying to pull the data from? I'll try it on my Mac. Also, keep in mind if the web query doesn't work you can always try to copy the data off the web and paste it into Projection Pal. Then follow the rest of the steps to get the projections into the Compiler.

I tried a couple of different URLs without success. Copying and pasting seems to work fine though, so I can just stick with that!

I sometimes wonder if I should just dump the web query thing, but for those who can get it to work, it does help with updating later.

I sometimes wonder if I should just dump the web query thing, but for those who can get it to work, it does help with updating later.

I'd keep that query in there...I upload and delete, copy and paste for a few minutes within projection pal then make a copy for all my leagues in minutes. If you took that query out for me at least I'd have to cut and paste from the site and then copy and paste in projection pal. At least in Projection Pal I can do all of it in one location.:overhead:

Also how's the Projection Pal coming along to be part of the the CC/DB program. No rush just wondering.

Also sorry for giving you headaches in finding problems or making a few adjustments to CC/DB.

Thanks for all the work,

Tommy

Ha. I'm not sure Pal is getting the same "all in one file" treatment the other two got any time soon.

No problem on the feedback. I'd rather hear about this stuff now and fix what needs to be fixed ASAP.

Personally, I just use the FF Today projections and don't import any others. This feature is there for you guys who like doing the importing and averaging :)

I know some people use Fantasy Sharks, CBS and Footballguys (free for now, subscription later for updates) to name a few.

Nevermind figured my problem had the file listed as .xls and not .xlsm.

"I have both files saved to the same directory but when I attempt to copy to the compiler I receive an error saying that the compiler can't be located any ideas?

Yep, check that filename. Not only the extension, but also since we are all using version 2.0 CC/DB make sure that is reflected on the setup tab in Pal.

I have a stupid question, but I'm going to ask it anyway. How can I input projections from another site (say ESPN since i know a lot of the guys in my main league use that one) into the compiler?

Hi truebigdog. Have you checked out the instructions for Projection Pal? The short version is:

1. Download Pal

2. Go to ESPN and copy and paste the projections off their website into Pal.

3. Follow the other steps in Pal to get the projections into the Compiler.

4. Change the allocation key on the options tab in the CC/DB to include the ESPN projections, and hit Compile Cheatsheets.

Check the Projection Pal video at the bottom of the instructions page. It is the baseball version, but the concepts are the same and it will help a lot.

Yeah, I guess that whole DOWNLOAD PROJECTION PAL part got me......I said it was a stupid question. No wonder I couldn't find it. The video makes it look idiot proof. I guess I will see if it really is.

Thank You