Sign in to follow this  
ggroovy17

Aaron Rodgers or Ray Rice?

I'm in a 10 team standard league and have the first pick of the draft. I will be selecting Adrian Peterson because he was kept last year and you cannot keep a player 2 years in a row. So whom do I keep from my roster last year to pair with Adrian Peterson, Aaron Rodgers or Ray Rice?

Leave a link and I will help you........thanks in advance!

Without knowing your scoring format, I would lean towards Rice. Rice/Peterson should give you a RB corp that has a clear edge over every other team in the league. Locking up 2 workhorse RB's is too big an advantage to pass up, don't overthink this one.

Unless you get 6pnts for a passing TD I view taking a QB early as a tactical mistake. The position is relatively deep with quite a few top 10 guys going in middle rounds.

I agree that it depends on your scoring system and who the other owners are keeping. If, for example, the other 9 owners all keep RBs, then I think it is a no-brainer for Rice. If you have a typical serpentine draft, there likely won't be any Tier 1 or Tier 2 RBs left at picks 20 and 21 on the turn.

Even though I like Rodgers way more than Rice. I would say you have to keep Rice in this instance. In a 10 team league you should have no problem getting a top 5 QB around your 4th round pick. Keep Rice draft AP the at your 2nd/3rd pick grab 2 solid WR and at 4th/5th grab QB/TE. Team should be unstoppable.

Does the addition of Ricky Williams on the Ravens change this decision of keeping either Ray Rice or Aaron Rodgers?

No