Sign in to follow this  
billmidd

Evening out auction values for a position

How should I manipulate inputs to get values to "even out" for a position and not be so peaky around the top players. By even out I mean reduce the $ value of top players at a position and distribute it wider amongst the mid tiers of that position.

For example in my current auction spreadsheet the top 3 QB'd are going for $50 $45 and $40 and but fall too rapidly to $1 for mid tier QB's.

I've been in this auction league for a while and the QB's never go that expensive but the late round QB's still go for much more than $1, typically for $3-6 in my league. Is there a simple way to do this by manipulating inputs like # of QB starters, # of QB bench or baseline, when I change the numbers it seems to shift everything up and down rather than spread the money out more evenly over a bigger number of players.

Bill, did you change the Overall Ranking Method on the options tab to "Compiler Auction Recommended"? That may help if you haven't already changed it. You'd need to hit Compile Cheatsheets again to see the impact of the change.

Bill, did you change the Overall Ranking Method on the options tab to "Compiler Auction Recommended"? That may help if you haven't already changed it. You'd need to hit Compile Cheatsheets again to see the impact of the change.

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, I have already changed the ranking method to Auction Recommended presets and recompiled, but it needs more evening out than that provides.

When you say mid-tier QBs, what rank are these guys? I would have thought there would be > $1 on QBs up to rank 20 or so in a 12 team league (start 1 QB, bench 1 QB).

I have the exact same issue. For instance, in my setup, it has Jamaal Charles as the #1 over all RB with a Max bid of $77. This is on a $200 cap.

Hi Fizzelps. I'm not sure, would you expect Charles to be more or less than $77 on $200?