Sign in to follow this  
Gepetto

$100,000,000 in six years - Michael Vick

Just in time for him to do something stupid like run into two linebackers head first... Or get caught ###### fighting.

What does this do to Chris Johnson?

At least the Titans can say "See, Arizona is focking stupid"... "Vick only got 40MM guaranteed"... "Would you please just take 30MM guaranteed and report!" :cheers:

this is gross overpayment. Hes not young anymore and relies on a skill that only youth provides...speed! Sure hes a better passer, but one miricle season wherte u caught D-coordinators napping doesnt justify this big a contract.

this is gross overpayment. Hes not young anymore and relies on a skill that only youth provides...speed! Sure hes a better passer, but one miricle season wherte u caught D-coordinators napping doesnt justify this big a contract.

Amen to that. Probably knock himself out of action in the first game. Wow kill some dogs and earn 100 million isn't America great.

It's stuff like this that makes me wonder if Oakland and Cincinnati are better run franchises. Thank God I never have to see a Philadelphia Eagles parade in my lifetime.

Does this mean they are confident he'll play 16 games?

HAHA.

*concerned Vick owner*

guaranteed nearly $40 million

You know what, he paid his dues (not like Plaxico), signed a big contract, good for him and I'm ok with it - let's see if he's learned anything. I'd like to bump this thread in about 12 years.

That's not too bad for a solid QB that is also a RB2.

Seriously though, I'd like to see the details of the entire contract. I don't see him running how he is now in 4+ years.

guaranteed nearly $40 million

You know what, he paid his dues (not like Plaxico), signed a big contract, good for him and I'm ok with it - let's see if he's learned anything. I'd like to bump this thread in about 12 years.

Not even close. Plaxico was a self inflicted crime. And make it a "crime". I have no idea how a city can thumb it's nose at the Constitution and decided you can't carry a gun.

Not that Vick did anything wrong. Dogs are the same as rats. Filthy creatures.

I'm fine with him getting paid. But only pay the dude for 3 years, 4 years max. He's going to be Drew Bledsoe like in that 6th year with all the damage he takes.

I don't really see anything that's surprising personally. Once Kevin Kolb was traded everyone had to know that Vick was going to be the franchise quarterback for the next three-five years. Also, it was known that Vick's contract had to be re-structured this season in order to rework DeSean's contract and extend him.

Now whether he can stay healthy and lead the team to where every fan wants is another question entirely.

I wouldn't get caught up on the initial numbers either. I'm sure that there's a lot of guaranteed money, but I'm sure there are performance incentives as well as fine-print that covers the Eagles organization in the event of any infraction with the law.

Additionally, as for the dog comments, get over it. I don't see the same people complaining about Cedric Benson, Leonard Little, Donte Stallworth, Leon Lett, etc., etc., etc. He went to jail. If you're going to complain about his sentence, complain about our federal government and that lousy prosecutor.

You know what, he paid his dues (not like Plaxico)

WTF, Plaxico shot himself in the leg with his own gun. Does he owe the dues to....himself. Neither of these guys should have seen jail, its not like they killed anyone while driving drunk. Wait NFL players don't goto jail for that.

WTF, Plaxico shot himself in the leg with his own gun. Does he owe the dues to....himself. Neither of these guys should have seen jail, its not like they killed anyone while driving drunk. Wait NFL players don't goto jail for that.

Leonard little is a saint!! Hes a good driver dammit! U take that back! u take that back and u go to heck!

WTF, Plaxico shot himself in the leg with his own gun. Does he owe the dues to....himself.

I hate this logic. So let's see. The law says in New York, carry a gun, go to jail. Ok.

I carry a gun, it goes off in a public place, I go to jail.

But by your logic, since it didn't hit anyone else and just him, he's already had his punishment.

So if I drive completely blacked out drunk, wrap my car around a light pole, and injure only myself, I shouldn't go to jail for drunk driving?

FWIW, Plaxico didn't go to jail for just carrying a gun - he went for carrying a gun that wasn't registered in NYC. New York's gun laws are pretty stringent and he got more than he deserved, but if you're a gun owner you should know the laws of the place where you want to carry it.

Also, even as an Eagles fan I think Vick's contract is pretty much ridiculous. Here's hoping we either win a Super Bowl or get Andy Reid fired.

Leonard little is a saint!! Hes a good driver dammit! U take that back! u take that back and u go to heck!

Didn't Donte Stallworth kill someone too while he was drunk?

These guys should hire Ray Lewis' limo driver...........wait.........

Vick did his time, Philly most likely overpaid and he'll most likely get injured.................soon.

let's turn this into a Plaxico vs Vick crime thread. :doh:

Vick served his time, performed very well after his sentence - earned some cash - apparently 40 million's worth. Fine by me. I hope Plaxico goes for 15 td's and signs a 2 year huge contract as well. This would be so fun to talk about :clap:

Vick served his time, performed very well after his sentence - earned some cash - apparently 40 million's worth. Fine by me. I hope Plaxico goes for 15 td's and signs a 2 year huge contract as well. This would be so fun to talk about :clap:

/thread

I'm a big Mike Vick guy... This is the classic American comeback episode, and the best rags-to-riches-to-rags-to-riches story since Aerosmith. :headbanger:

I've never been more excited to see a team a player go down in flames like the Eagles will this year. Should be a lot of fun to watch!

Not even close. Plaxico was a self inflicted crime. And make it a "crime". I have no idea how a city can thumb it's nose at the Constitution and decided you can't carry a gun.

Not that Vick did anything wrong. Dogs are the same as rats. Filthy creatures.

Into a night club? I'm pro 2nd amendment, but even I think that allowing people to carry inside a poorly-lit crowded area full of testosterone and alcohol is just asking for trouble.

Also, Vick didn't go to jail for two years for killing dogs. That's what people hate him for, but the feds went after him because of the large amount of money floating around in an interstate gambling operation. If the police had gone to Vick's property and just found a shallow grave full of dead dogs, and no other evidence of a fighting operation, he wouldn't have seen the inside of a jail cell at all.

I don't have a problem with Vick getting a second chance. I have a problem with an average QB getting two separate 100 million dollar contracts in a 6 year span. That's crazy.

I'm pro 2nd amendment, but even I think that allowing people to carry inside a poorly-lit crowded area full of testosterone and alcohol is just asking for trouble.

happens all the time here in TX, where we have over a half-million concealed handgun licensees (including myself). we can't carry in nightclubs (or anywhere >51% of sales derives from alcohol sales), but you'd be hard-pressed to tell the difference in an awful lot of restaurants that become full-fledged clubs after the kitchen closes. believe me--i've managed restaurants and clubs for more than 15 years.

but despite this paranoia-inducing combination of testosterone, lots of alcohol, and lots of guns, there are almost never shootings in these kinds of establishments. the vast majority of the time, shootings only occur in places where people cannot legally carry weapons.

why is that, do you think?

Amen to that. Probably knock himself out of action in the first game. Wow kill some dogs and earn 100 million isn't America great.

I'll say! I just killed some dogs, and now I'm just waiting for my money!

happens all the time here in TX, where we have over a half-million concealed handgun licensees (including myself). we can't carry in nightclubs (or anywhere >51% of sales derives from alcohol sales), but you'd be hard-pressed to tell the difference in an awful lot of restaurants that become full-fledged clubs after the kitchen closes. believe me--i've managed restaurants and clubs for more than 15 years.

but despite this paranoia-inducing combination of testosterone, lots of alcohol, and lots of guns, there are almost never shootings in these kinds of establishments. the vast majority of the time, shootings only occur in places where people cannot legally carry weapons.

why is that, do you think?

I know. I understand that reasoning, and I totally agree with it. Look at Kennesaw, Georgia. 20 years ago they made it mandatory for every household to own at least one firearm. Since then the population has exploded, but there's only been 3 murders in two decades. Criminals aren't as bold when they know you're armed too. All that said, still don't think having a bunch of armed people in bars and clubs is the best move.

I know. I understand that reasoning, and I totally agree with it. Look at Kennesaw, Georgia. 20 years ago they made it mandatory for every household to own at least one firearm. Since then the population has exploded, but there's only been 3 murders in two decades. Criminals aren't as bold when they know you're armed too. All that said, still don't think having a bunch of armed people in bars and clubs is the best move.

i know that i'm probably preaching to the choir here, but rights are like muscles--they have to be exercised, or we lose them. the constitution says "...shall not be infringed," not "...shall not be infringed except in nightclubs."

anyway, always good to see pro-2nd people representing.

[/hijack]

I've never been more excited to see a team a player go down in flames like the Eagles will this year. Should be a lot of fun to watch!

+1

I've always just hated the Cowboys, but now I pretty much can't stand the entire division. Hope that big ass TV comes down on MNF. :cheers:

+1

I've always just hated the Cowboys, but now I pretty much can't stand the entire division. Hope that big ass TV comes down on MNF. :cheers:

Despite the obvious problems with their aging, has had one elite season, inaccurate, unable to win a big game QB it just seems like whenever a team like this has popped up they are destined to fail.

I.E. 07 Pats, 01 Rams, 11 Heat, Red Wings from 2 years ago. It's like God himself smites these unholy abominations of sports.

Its unbelievable, isnt it? I still think hes an average passer at BEST and his running will only get him so far. See last years playoffs for an example.

I live about 30 minutes from Kennesaw, Ga. and everyone knows if you break into a house there, you may get your ass shot. :wave:

Of course, were still not like Texas. In Texas you can kill a mofo and get away with it pretty easily, as long as they were doing something illegal to you or yours! :thumbsup:

The contract should have been announced in dog years.

:first:

also, where the fock is Philly coming up with all this cash? They will have to be in salary cap h3ll in a year or two, no? :unsure:

After a drunken birthday in 1998, NFL star Leonard Little crashed into and killed another motorist. When tested, his blood alcohol level measured 0.19 percent. Little received 60 days and 1000 hours of community service. Six years later, after the involuntary manslaughter conviction was wiped from his record, Little was again arrested for drunk driving.

Vick and Plaxico are both pieces of $hit, but there are others that get away with more severe crimes.

Contract is fine.

After a drunken birthday in 1998, NFL star Leonard Little crashed into and killed another motorist. When tested, his blood alcohol level measured 0.19 percent. Little received 60 days and 1000 hours of community service. Six years later, after the involuntary manslaughter conviction was wiped from his record, Little was again arrested for drunk driving.

Vick and Plaxico are both pieces of $hit, but there are others that get away with more severe crimes.

Contract is fine.

Thread isn't about that Little is obviously a POS, doesn't make Vick any less so.

(Rotoworld) Michael Vick's new contract, originally reported as $100 million over six years, is actually a five-year, $80 million deal. Analysis: This isn't unusual. Per Profootballtalk's Mike Florio, Vick's sixth year at $20 million voids if he participates in 35 percent of the snaps in any year of the deal. The contract contains $32.5 million in guarantees plus $3 million guaranteed for injury only. Florio points out that the deal is essentially for $48 million over three "as a practical matter."

does the guaranteed money pay off his debt and leave him any thing?

The way i heard it was. He'd have to play out the life of the contract in order to pay off all of his creditors/debts/bankruptcy, and still have some cash.

If he were to get cut at any point, and all he got was the guaranteed signing bonus part. He'd only be about half way there. I thought he'd had owed around 60 million or so. Some of it, still to the Falcons too.

Once the Eagles sign DeSean Jackson . What the heck is there payroll gonna look like 3 years from now? I can see them getting by in 2011,and 2012. But then what are their books gonna look like?