Sign in to follow this  
ffr

Strange rankings in CCDB

Purchased CCDB for the 6th or 7th straight year so thanks yet again for such an awesome FF product!

I opened it up for the first time this year (getting a late start this year). The rankings seem strange to me. I updated the projections today, entered my scoring as I do each year (pretty standard 10 team PPR scoring) and I have Adrian Peterson ranked #4 overall. The top 200 PPR rankings on the FF Today web site are very different from the top players in my Cheatsheet Compiler?

My overall are:

1 Foster

2 Ray Rice

3 Jamaal Charles

4 Adrian Peterson

5 Darren McFadden

6 Roddy White

These can't be the correct top 6, can they?

Based off the projections, they can, especially for PPR. We don't actually have PPR rankings on the website. Those are non-PPR. Peterson is projected for fewer receptions than the guys he's grouped with, which is why as soon as we add +1 PPR to the CC/DB, he drops down a little.

In terms of checking the rankings on the website versus the CC/DB, keep in mind the rankings on the website are static. The rankings in the CC/DB are generated from the projections, and the projections match the projections on the website. Sounds a little confusing, but that is the way it works.

This is an ideal opportunity however to adjust the rankings for AP if you feel more comfortable with him than the other guys, even if he is projected a bit lower. Use the re-rank feature in the CC/DB to accomplish this, after the last time you Compile Cheatsheets prior to your draft.

Thanks ffr! Glad to have you back!

Based off the projections, they can, especially for PPR. We don't actually have PPR rankings on the website. Those are non-PPR. Peterson is projected for fewer receptions than the guys he's grouped with, which is why as soon as we add +1 PPR to the CC/DB, he drops down a little.

In terms of checking the rankings on the website versus the CC/DB, keep in mind the rankings on the website are static. The rankings in the CC/DB are generated from the projections, and the projections match the projections on the website. Sounds a little confusing, but that is the way it works.

This is an ideal opportunity however to adjust the rankings for AP if you feel more comfortable with him than the other guys, even if he is projected a bit lower. Use the re-rank feature in the CC/DB to accomplish this, after the last time you Compile Cheatsheets prior to your draft.

Thanks ffr! Glad to have you back!

You a have a customer for life. I love the product even though I need to learn how to use it more to its potential.

I've looked into added the projections from other sites in the last couple years and never was able to figure out how to do it. Has that been made easier this year? I'd love to add the projections of other sites as well. I know there's a way to weight the projections of other sites into CCDB. I'd love to do something like account for the projections of FFToday, ESPN, and CBS...or something similar.

Are there other sites that are easy to integrate into CCDB so I can get a mix of projections?

Are there easy to follow steps to add another websites projections and weight them in CCDB?

Thanks again!

I wish I could say it is easier to import projections this year. It is the same as in prior years. Not that easy. One person emailed me and said Projection Pal is more like an enemy. I don't think it is that bad, but it takes some finesse to make it go. People have reported ESPN projections are particularly tough this year the way they have their website formatted.

I've made the CBS projections somewhat easier though. Check this thread for a link to a pre-loaded Projection Pal file so you can import CBS projections:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=386100

There is also a tutorial about using Projection Pal at the bottom of the CC/DB instructions page, here:

http://www.fftoday.com/compiler/instructions.html

It is for baseball, but the concepts are all the same.

At this late stage with only a week to the start of the season, just make sure you don't spend too much time trying to import projections, when you could be otherwise prepping for your draft by checking updated news/injury status, ADP data and mock drafting. Just want you to have the best draft possible. Thanks!

I wish I could say it is easier to import projections this year. It is the same as in prior years. Not that easy. One person emailed me and said Projection Pal is more like an enemy. I don't think it is that bad, but it takes some finesse to make it go. People have reported ESPN projections are particularly tough this year the way they have their website formatted.

I've made the CBS projections somewhat easier though. Check this thread for a link to a pre-loaded Projection Pal file so you can import CBS projections:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=386100

There is also a tutorial about using Projection Pal at the bottom of the CC/DB instructions page, here:

http://www.fftoday.com/compiler/instructions.html

It is for baseball, but the concepts are all the same.

At this late stage with only a week to the start of the season, just make sure you don't spend too much time trying to import projections, when you could be otherwise prepping for your draft by checking updated news/injury status, ADP data and mock drafting. Just want you to have the best draft possible. Thanks!

GREAT! Although I'm having trouble importing the data from projection pal to the CC. I'm using Excel 2007 and I have enabled all macros (after opening the Trust Center), but when I select copy to compiler from PP, I get this pop up error:

PPError.jpg

Any idea what I can do to get the CBS ramkings in CC?

Edit - I should add:

I made sure VBA for applications was installed.

My CCDB File is called "Posse"

My PP File is called "PP Posse"

I set the file name to export to in PP as "Posse" (from the setup tab) and Site B.

Both CCDB and PP are in the same foler named "Draft"

I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium and Excel 2007

Thank for the help!

Did you include the file extension of the filename on the setup tab in Pal? Try changing it to "Posse.xlsm"

Then Copy to Compiler. Sounds like everything else should be fine.

Did you include the file extension of the filename on the setup tab in Pal? Try changing it to "Posse.xlsm"

Then Copy to Compiler. Sounds like everything else should be fine.

Just tried that, but I'm still getting the same error message. Bummer!

Any other ideas to try? My draft is tonight.

Do you have both files open in Excel at the same time? Try that, if you didn't already. If that doesn't do it then you can send me both of your files at compiler@fftoday.com and I'll see if I can export from Pal to the CC/DB.

Do you have both files open in Excel at the same time? Try that, if you didn't already. If that doesn't do it then you can send me both of your files at compiler@fftoday.com and I'll see if I can export from Pal to the CC/DB.

Thanks so much for the offer to help. Email sent with the two Excel files.

(Draft is tonight at 7pm PST)