Sign in to follow this  
EyeOfDaTiga

RB Questions?

Looking for some homer opinions on these RB situations. Any info would be useful homer or not.

1. Ryan Grant vs James Starks- Weeks ago it was rumored that Grant could be cut and Starks has looked like the better back in camp but Grant still seems to be the starter?????

2. Tim Hightower vs ??? is he the bellcow in Shanny's Off? Who would he be splitting with if not?

3. Deangelo Williams vs Johnathan Stewart. Do people still think this is going to be a 50/50 60/40 split? They paid D Will stud RB money, I would assume they're counting on big numbers to justify it??

4. Jamal Charles vs Thomas Jones. If Jones is still going to be listed as the starter then why is Charles getting so much hype if he's going to split carries? I'm a Charles owner so I'm not hating or anything. Seems people are expecting HUGE things from him this year. I'm guessing that means more touches right?

5. Tomlinson vs Shonn Greene- Is this the year SG takes command of this running game? Is Greene useless in PPR leagues?

Others:

Fred Jackson vs Cj Spiller

Patriots Backs

Moreno vs McGahee

My insight on Saints RB's: (I'm a homer)

The way I see it. Pierre and Ingram will share the bulk of the carries with Sproles subbing on 3rd and 7's+. My bet is that Ingram gets 75% of the goaline carries. I wouldn't expect more than 900 yards from either but I can easily see 10+ TD's from Ingram. If Sean Payton moved up to draft a RB he WILL use him. I like Ingram ALOT but I see next year being his 1000+yards 10+TD's and 40-50 catches year.

My insight on Saints RB's: (I'm a homer)

The way I see it. Pierre and Ingram will share the bulk of the carries with Sproles subbing on 3rd and 7's+. My bet is that Ingram gets 75% of the goaline carries. I wouldn't expect more than 900 yards from either but I can easily see 10+ TD's from Ingram. If Sean Payton moved up to draft a RB he WILL use him. I like Ingram ALOT but I see next year being his 1000+yards 10+TD's and 40-50 catches year.

Sproles subbing on 3rd and 7+? Sproles will be used much more often than that. Trust me.

1. Ryan Grant vs James Starks- Weeks ago it was rumored that Grant could be cut and Starks has looked like the better back in camp but Grant still seems to be the starter?????

2. Tim Hightower vs ??? is he the bellcow in Shanny's Off? Who would he be splitting with if not?

3. Deangelo Williams vs Johnathan Stewart. Do people still think this is going to be a 50/50 60/40 split? They paid D Will stud RB money, I would assume they're counting on big numbers to justify it??

4. Jamal Charles vs Thomas Jones. If Jones is still going to be listed as the starter then why is Charles getting so much hype if he's going to split carries? I'm a Charles owner so I'm not hating or anything. Seems people are expecting HUGE things from him this year. I'm guessing that means more touches right?

5. Tomlinson vs Shonn Greene- Is this the year SG takes command of this running game? Is Greene useless in PPR leagues?

Others:

Fred Jackson vs Cj Spiller

Patriots Backs

Moreno vs McGahee

There you go :doublethumbsup: Dont over think it. The only one id even call questionable is the Moreno and McGahee situation other than that the rest are easy.

You could probably say McKnight is more of a threat to Greene than LT is right now. But he came out of gate very strong last year. Not sure that happens again.

I have to decide which RBBC situation to start each week. K Moreno vs R Mathews

Looking back at last year's (lack of) touches, both of those guys look like future disappointments. :unsure:

GB Update from Rotoworld:

Packers to give Starks & Grant equal carries

According to offensive coordinator Joe Philbin and RBs coach Jerry Fontenot, the Packers' plan for Thursday night's opener is to give James Starks and Ryan Grant an equal amount of rushing attempts.

"I'm certainly going try to get each one of those guys an equal amount of opportunities," said Philbin. Added Fontenot, "It's just a matter of getting them comfortable and making sure they've gotten enough reps ... The only way I see them doing that is getting them as equal of work as I possibly can." The Packers spoke all offseason of discovering the "hot hand," and they'll open the season giving both Grant and Starks a chance to establish it. Our long-run money is on Starks. Just don't expe

Yeah honestly as of right now I think I would rather have starks than grant. But anything could happen...I think they are looking to make one of those guys the starter eventually and give him the bulk of the carries. Their performances in week 1 could have a major influence on that, but honestly im looking at both backs with a wait and see attitude and wouldnt feel comfortable starting either of them yet.

I own both unfortunately. I feel more comfortable starting grant week one but im hoping the carries slant towards Starks sooner rather than later. I don't like the idea of wishing an injury on someone but I'd be lying if I said I want grant to remain healthy.