Sign in to follow this  
steelers2101

What is Fred Jackson's value

The Bills offense is on a meteoric rise, and Fred Jackson is one of the reasons (though I'd argue Fitzpatrick is the main reason) and beneficiary.

What is Fred Jackson's value right now...

Is he more valuable than, say, Michael Turner who had a bad week this week?

The Bills offense is on a meteoric rise, and Fred Jackson is one of the reasons (though I'd argue Fitzpatrick is the main reason) and beneficiary.

What is Fred Jackson's value right now...

Is he more valuable than, say, Michael Turner who had a bad week this week?

PPR i would of taken Jackson ahead of turner at begining of season and of course now

Fred Jackson is quite valuable right now--bellcow back on one of the best offenses in the league. I think he's close to untradeable now, though, because as an older Bills RB, buyers won't pay what owners would want. Hold if you have him, buy if you can get him, though the latter doesn't seem likely.

PPR i would of taken Jackson ahead of turner at begining of season and of course now

Obviously in a PPR, but in a standard league too?

He does look good, and I would like to have a piece of the Bills offense.

Turner, SJax, Gore and maybe CJ.

I have Fred Jackson and i would not trade him for Chris Johnson :nono: NO WAY

Turner, SJax, Gore and maybe CJ.

That seems to be where his value is at.

Unfortunately, Turner, Blount, Fred Jackson owner only willing to trade Turner.

So I'm looking at Fitzpatrick, Spiller and either Kendall Hunter or Reggie Bush for Turner and Snelling, which is what is being offered, and I don't really want to include Hunter or Bush for Snelling. I'd rather give him Amendola, and keep both Bush and Hunter over one of them with Amendola and Snelling.

We'll see what happens. Time for a "what is Kendall Hunter's value" post. :doublethumbsup:

In my two $$$ leagues, he is 3rd in both behind McCoy and DMC. I am fortunate to own him in one, and he is as untouchable as those two. I have watched all 3 Bills games (God bless Direct TV), and he gets better every week, an absolute beast. Should have had another score yesterday.

He's top five and I see no reason why he won't keep producing. Watch him play, he's an awesome RB who is finally on a competent offense.

This guy is a stud, a horse, and a stud. In this offense if he stays healthy he will be a top 10 back. Why else cant CJ Spiller get on the field?

I would not dream of moving Freddy at this point. My views are skewed as a Bills fan but I also have extra insight because I'm a fan and have watched all three games - Fred is the centerpiece of this offense. It all builds off of him. It may not seem like it, an RB that averages around 20 touches a game doesn't automatically jump out as the focal point of an offense but just trust me. It all starts with Fred. Rich Gannon mentioned that Bill Belichick said the same thing in a pregame interview before Sunday's game. Buffalo's "base" offense at this point is either 3 WR/1 TE with Freddie in the backfield or 4 WR with Fred in the backfield. He is the matchup from hell. You HAVE to account for him. He doesn't need a lead blocker or a big hole, he can and will squeeze through the tiniest of holes in the offensive line, and he will gash you. At the same time, he is about as good as it gets in the league right now at sneaking out into the flat when no one is watching and then ripping off a 20 yard pass reception.

Here is the scary thing though - he's GOING to get better. Aside from the KC game which was an utter blowout and saw the 2nd string guys play the majority of the 3rd quarter, Buffalo has been playing from behind almost all season. That has limited Fred's carries in the 2nd half. Buffalo knows they can't keep spotting opponents 20 points if they want to be competitive and in close games Jackson is exactly the type of ball control back that coaches covet. He's powerful and he almost never picks up less than 4 yards on a carry because he will NEVER, EVER go down at first contact.

Keep this guy. I'm telling you now. He'll be a Top 5 back in all formats and could start challenging DMC and McCoy in PPR formats if Buffalo can stop giving their opponents a 20 point handicap in the first half.

The Bills are kind of running a modified New England offense or a modified spread without the QB looking to run. The Bills had a nice write up in the Wall St. Journal the other day. They also may have lit a fire under Fitzpatrick by telling him that they would take a franchise QB in the 2011 draft if one fell to them.

The guy is on a roll. If I had him, I'd hold onto him at this point and ride the hot hand, unless someone was offering me one of the elite RBS. Will he prouce at this level the rest of the year? Who knows?

Freddie owner here and due to injuries have him as my number one back. I watched the Raider game and the Pats game and F Jax is the real deal. He has great burst and balance when hitting the hole, kind of reminds me of Fred Taylor in his hay day. He is durable and is in a situation where he does NOT get pulled at the goal line. Fitz is lighting it up and teams have to respect all the emerging receiving weapons in their arsenal. I personally don't plan on trading him since he has been my one consistent back on my squad. He is a true work horse so I see his value as a number 1 right now.

i would rank him VERY high...

i think there are only a few RBs i'd rather have on my team

ADP

McFadden

McCoy

Ray Rice

the problem is he is untradeable as i feel you wouldn't receive full value simply because of name recognition and draft position...

plus if i were a jackson owner i don't think i'd accept anything that wasn't heavily tilted in my favor

Do you guys go out and trade for Spiller as a handcuff? Is Spiller even worth having if FJAX goes down? Would he even come close to the production?

i would rank him VERY high...

i think there are only a few RBs i'd rather have on my team

ADP

McFadden

McCoy

Ray Rice

the problem is he is untradeable as i feel you wouldn't receive full value simply because of name recognition and draft position...

plus if i were a jackson owner i don't think i'd accept anything that wasn't heavily tilted in my favor

That being said if you have Mccoy, DMC and Fred would you consider keeping him and 1 of the other two and getting full value on a wr for the other rb

Can't wait till week 8 when the bills have lost 3 straight and fred jackson is back to his normal self...Proclaiming him a top 5 back is hilarious...Trade him now while you still can

Can't wait till week 8 when the bills have lost 3 straight and fred jackson is back to his normal self...Proclaiming him a top 5 back is hilarious...Trade him now while you still can

fail on multiple accounts!

Check his schedule after cincy then come say fail

are you retarded or something. Outside of the 2 jets games, and jets last week didn't exactly look like world beaters as far as run stopping goes, there is nothing on that schedule that looks too tough. You're on crack son...

Wk Date Opp Att Yds TD Fum Pts

1 09/11/11 @KC 20 112 0 0 11

2 09/18/11 OAK 15 117 2 0 28

3 09/25/11 NE 12 74 1 0 21

4 10/02/11 @CIN - - - - -

5 10/09/11 PHI - - - - -

6 10/16/11 @NYG - - - - -

7 BYE - - - - - -

8 10/30/11 WAS - - - - -

9 11/06/11 NYJ - - - - -

10 11/13/11 @DAL - - - - -

11 11/20/11 @MIA - - - - -

12 11/27/11 @NYJ - - - - -

13 12/04/11 TEN - - - - -

14 12/11/11 @SD - - - - -

15 12/18/11 MIA - - - - -

16 12/24/11 DEN - - - - -

17 01/01/12 @NE - - - - -

are you retarded or something. Outside of the 2 jets games, and jets last week didn't exactly look like world beaters as far as run stopping goes, there is nothing on that schedule that looks too tough. You're on crack son...

Wk Date Opp Att Yds TD Fum Pts

1 09/11/11 @KC 20 112 0 0 11

2 09/18/11 OAK 15 117 2 0 28

3 09/25/11 NE 12 74 1 0 21

4 10/02/11 @CIN - - - - -

5 10/09/11 PHI - - - - -

6 10/16/11 @NYG - - - - -

7 BYE - - - - - -

8 10/30/11 WAS - - - - -

9 11/06/11 NYJ - - - - -

10 11/13/11 @DAL - - - - -

11 11/20/11 @MIA - - - - -

12 11/27/11 @NYJ - - - - -

13 12/04/11 TEN - - - - -

14 12/11/11 @SD - - - - -

15 12/18/11 MIA - - - - -

16 12/24/11 DEN - - - - -

17 01/01/12 @NE - - - - -

Sure 1 game and you completely disregard the jets as a good defense...the NFC east matchups are not easy either...then first playoff matchup @ SD...Yea they suck too...Yep i must be on crack

He's 30 years old and a average back at best

Sure 1 game and you completely disregard the jets as a good defense...the NFC east matchups are not easy either...then first playoff matchup @ SD...Yea they suck too...Yep i must be on crack

He's 30 years old and a average back at best

mike nice -'getting nice off crack rocks since '86!'

Call me crazy but I'm not fully sold on the Bills or their offense. To get back to FJax specifically, I can see and recognize talent. He has it...but top 5 RB talent? No way. He's strung together some really nice performances to start off the season but he has put up numbers like this before. The difference is that all of these great performances have come in succession. You have to expect a drop off, I just don't see him keeping it up. He's an RB2 with an RB1 price tag. Sell high guys.

Call me crazy but I'm not fully sold on the Bills or their offense. To get back to FJax specifically, I can see and recognize talent. He has it...but top 5 RB talent? No way. He's strung together some really nice performances to start off the season but he has put up numbers like this before. The difference is all of these great performances of come in succession. You have to expect a drop off, I just don't see him keeping it up. He's an RB2 with an RB1 price tag. Sell high guys.

Na p00h wont call you crazy he will call you "retarded" and accuse you of being on crack :thumbsdown:

Just got larry fitzgerald for him straight up.... No my starters are miles austin, brandon marshall, larry fitzgerald, mjd, mendenhall, breez, jimmy graham cracker.

That being said if you have Mccoy, DMC and Fred would you consider keeping him and 1 of the other two and getting full value on a wr for the other rb

that's a tough question, and that all depends on how much of a gamble you would like to take. If it were me in that situation i would probably see what i could get for McFadden as his value is through the roof right now. He has some risk factors... injury prone... not as much talent around him as the other two... etc.

That being said... RB depth this early in the season is never a bad thing...

anyone else want to weigh in?

that's a tough question, and that all depends on how much of a gamble you would like to take. If it were me in that situation i would probably see what i could get for McFadden as his value is through the roof right now. He has some risk factors... injury prone... not as much talent around him as the other two... etc.

That being said... RB depth this early in the season is never a bad thing...

anyone else want to weigh in?

I love having Fred this year but keep in mind he has only gone over 1000 yards rushing one time (2009).

At first I scoffed at the Fred Jackson hype, but the more I look/think about it, the only guys I would take ahead of him right now would be Shady McCoy, ADP, Ray Rice, and probably DMC. The Bills offense is legit.

It was interesting that the Bills kept running the ball even after they got way behind in last weekends game.

I thought his numbers would suffer when they had to play catch-up, but they didn't.

Looks like he's the center piece of the offense.

how's that tough schedule working out for Fred and the bills Mike Nice???

don't answer, tis a rhetorical question...

I have Fred Jackson and i would not trade him for Chris Johnson :nono: NO WAY

Even the GREAT 'PATSSOX' changes his mind :shocking: And im glad i have CJ now :pointstosky:

Even the GREAT 'PATSSOX' changes his mind :shocking: And im glad i have CJ now :pointstosky:

I'm tempted to offer a signature bet that from Week 11 to Week 17 Fred Jackson finishes higher in Fantasy Points than CJ2K does. In a PPR league that is.

I'd much rather have Freddie Jackson than Smitty with the fo' gold fronts Johnson.

dude you don't know if you're cumming or going. you're that guy that trades for the sake of trading. I'd venture a guess you've amassed at least 3 trades in each of your 15 leagues, are probably have 2 offers each out as we speak right now in each of those leagues. Much like you like to post crap for the sake of posting crap on this board...

and as filthy stated, fred will blow CJ away in production the rest of the way, much as he as till now...

dude you don't know if you're cumming or going. you're that guy that trades for the sake of trading. I'd venture a guess you've amassed at least 3 trades in each of your 15 leagues, are probably have 2 offers each out as we speak right now in each of those leagues. Much like you like to post crap for the sake of posting crap on this board...

and as filthy stated, fred will blow CJ away in production the rest of the way, much as he as till now...

:(

Yes i do like to trade and i have had atleast 1 in each league :P and i like to gamble sometimes.

Signature bet it is DIRTY SANCHEZ :wave:

Hey DIRTY SANCHEZ :wave: we doing signature bet for rest of season?

If so both Fjax and CJ2YPC have to remain healthy for rest of season for bet to stand.

Anyone else want to give your predictions?