Sign in to follow this  
windycityiggy

Need Lineup Help? Ask Here!

*Note to all*

I can't possibly be right on every single question you guys all ask me, but I promise to try my hardest, and give you the best knowledgeable answer I can humanly give. I answered a lot of inquires this week, and I just don't want any hard feelings if things don't go as planned. I'm no expert, I'm just one man, giving my opinion, one day at a time.

I will RECAP every question I answered on Monday night and see how I did. If I do well for most of you (which is my plan) all I ask is that you rate my profile here on the forum and rate my article appropriately on ffblife.com. Thanks for sending in all your questions guys, you can keep them coming as I will be on my PC for a few more hours today!

-windycityiggy

.5 PPR

Need 1

Felix vs Pats

or

Best vs 49ers

Leaning towards Felix.

Just a heads up montana. I just read that supposedly Felix Jones claims his shoulder is still bothering him. He said earlier today, " "It's still not 100 percent. I'm just trying to play through it and contribute and help out with my team." I STILL like Jones in this match up though. Patriots have given up no less than 11 points to each running back they have faced this season besides Week 1. Even if they don't use Jones on the ground, he can still get his in the short passing game.

Instead of me going in each person's thread individually I thought it would be easier to do it all in one thread. If you have a lineup dilemma, a trade question, or a waiver wire move, feel free to ask away in here and I will personally do my best to answer each of your questions. For those that don't know me, I'm a sports columnist for A Sports Syndicate and a Fantasy columnist on FFBLIFE. I never claim to be an expert, I'm just one man, giving my opinion, one day at a time. Good Luck in Week 6 my friends!

Week 6 Start 'Em Sit 'Em Here -------> http://ffblife.com/index.php/michaeliggy/207-omostartsit6

Delone Carter or Cruz? Standard scoring PPR.

Delone Carter or Cruz? Standard scoring PPR.

Tough one. Carter will share his carries with Brown. Cruz has the hot hand and that game looks to be a shoot out. I'd roll with the hot hand in Cruz.

Instead of me going in each person's thread individually I thought it would be easier to do it all in one thread. If you have a lineup dilemma, a trade question, or a waiver wire move, feel free to ask away in here and I will personally do my best to answer each of your questions. For those that don't know me, I'm a sports columnist for A Sports Syndicate and a Fantasy columnist on FFBLIFE. I never claim to be an expert, I'm just one man, giving my opinion, one day at a time. Good Luck in Week 6 my friends!

Week 6 Start 'Em Sit 'Em Here -------> http://ffblife.com/index.php/michaeliggy/207-omostartsit6

Bad options at QB this week. 4 pts per TD 1 for 20 passing yards.

Dalton or Grossman.

Ouch that hurts asking.

Thanks,

Bad options at QB this week. 4 pts per TD 1 for 20 passing yards.

G

Dalton or Grossman.

Ouch that hurts asking.

Thanks,

Haha, I feel ya. Andy has actually looked quite good these past 2 weeks and Indy has made Freeman and friggin Matt Cassel look good so he might do well in this spot. Indy is giving up the 12 most fantasy points to the QB position. Grossman is Grossman. And the Eagles Defense is horrid right now. My guess to be honest with you, is that both of these guys come close to the same amount of points. Put a gun to my head and I'd have to roll with Rexy just based on the fact that I think it's going to be a higher scoring game, and the Eagles D is in shambles right now.

Mendenhal or Starks with S. Greene

and

Tampa Mike, D. Nelson or DHB?

thanks

Can you start Starks and Mendenhall or are you sold on Greene already?

WR's I'd go with DHB or D. Nelson. DHB getting all the looks right now. Nelson may also see some extra looks with Donald Jones out. It's a tough call, but I'm sticking to my guns. I'm personally starting DHB in one of my leagues as well. Good luck in Week 6!

So I had a wake earlier in the weEK for my sisters friend, who's grandpa passed away. Then my best friend from my childhood lost his grandma, the funeral was today. And now I just got a call that my other homeboy who I grew up with on the same block, that his Uncle (who I've known since I was 5) died today of a heart attack on the way to see his chiropractor!! WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!?!?

For anyone that has any questions. I will for sure be around tomorrow to answer them. But Monday and Tuesday I might not be around that much. Just a heads up. SMH, way to many deaths to deal with in one week!

Who should I start?

B. Marshall VS jets

P. Harvin at CHI

DHB VS CLE?

Half PPR League

Leave Harvin on the bench. Between DHB, but the Dolphins have one and only one true receiver. And that's Marshall. Matt Moore certainly doesn't help his situation, but I think he get's his on Monday night. I own DHB and I'm starting him, but I just think Marshall will end up with a few more points than he will. Good luck with whatever you decide!

Haha, I feel ya. Andy has actually looked quite good these past 2 weeks and Indy has made Freeman and friggin Matt Cassel look good so he might do well in this spot. Indy is giving up the 12 most fantasy points to the QB position. Grossman is Grossman. And the Eagles Defense is horrid right now. My guess to be honest with you, is that both of these guys come close to the same amount of points. Put a gun to my head and I'd have to roll with Rexy just based on the fact that I think it's going to be a higher scoring game, and the Eagles D is in shambles right now.

Thanks for your help/

See what I mean! Half of you on this board were already convinced on sitting Mendenhall like he's not a Top 10 RB!! 100 YARDS in the 1ST HALF!

Mark Sanchez VS MIA

or

Matt Schaub @BAL

thanks

If you haven't read some of my other replies, I'm biased towards any Mark Sanchez questions because I think he's garbage. Schuab is a little banged up and he's going against a feisty Ravens D that's coming off a Bye. He also is without Andre Johnson, so tread lightly. I just hate Mark, he has failed to throw for 200 yards in the past 2 games and he has more turnovers than TD's in that span. I think the Jets are going to run the hell out of the ball on Monday night against the Dolphins. Don't be mad if it doesn't work out, but I'd still roll with Matt Schaub. Good luck!

38 yard 1st quarter touchdown to Marques Colston, for those who were asking about him......TOLD YOU! BINK!

So, how did everyone do over the weekend? I moved to 6-0 !

5-0 since I lost the 1st week. Knock on wood.

Thanks for helping out, I appreciate your opinions. Anyone who comes on here and thinks there is a crystal ball to predict outcomes will be very disappointed. With that being said here is my dilemma this week.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=392941&pid=4601743&st=0entry4601743

Thanks and keep up the great work!

5-0 since I lost the 1st week. Knock on wood.

Thanks for helping out, I appreciate your opinions. Anyone who comes on here and thinks there is a crystal ball to predict outcomes will be very disappointed. With that being said here is my dilemma this week.

http://www.fftodayfo...0

Thanks and keep up the great work!

Great to hear jackjohn! Thank you for the kind words, I really appreciate that. I have a wake to attend all day today unfortunately, but I promise to answer this later on tonight around midnight!

That goes for everyone else as well. You can ask any dilemmas you may have, but I cannot answer them until later on tonight, early tomorrow.

That goes for everyone else as well. You can ask any dilemmas you may have, but I cannot answer them until later on tonight, early tomorrow.

Now i know its early but i here i am...

tough one. line up is wr wr flx, 4 guys to fill em. boldin, the fitz, jordy, and wallace. i know two for sure and i think u know them too, but who sits? jordy or boldin?

not a ppr.

tough one. line up is wr wr flx, 4 guys to fill em. boldin, the fitz, jordy, and wallace. i know two for sure and i think u know them too, but who sits? jordy or boldin?

not a ppr.

one more for ya...i need a te baddddd! in my other league...replacement is on bye and ive had gates collecting dust on the bench for 6 wks now am i really going to have to drop this guy??? what a disappointment he's been. what do you do drop him or the replacement that has filled his hole the last 6 wks???

not a ppr.

How can you sit Jordy against the Vikings though? (See Devin Hester in the 1st quarter of Sunday night's game) You don't think Rodgers will find him AT LEAST once on a long route? Don't forget Fitz is going up against a tough Pitt defense that will most likely key on him, so it's really not that great of a match up for him.

I dislike Boldin though. Yea yea he had 8 catches for 132 yards against the Texans last week, but he failed to reach the end zone, pretty much like every week. He scored in Week 1 and hasn't sniffed the end zone since. Since it's a non PPR, then I say you sit him. What good is 100 yards and 8 catches if he doesn't reach the end zone? 10 lousy points? Tough one, but I think you have to sit Boldin here.

Welcome aboard DC MOCCS, some good knowledgeable people up in here. Look around, don't be a stranger!

one more for ya...i need a te baddddd! in my other league...replacement is on bye and ive had gates collecting dust on the bench for 6 wks now am i really going to have to drop this guy??? what a disappointment he's been. what do you do drop him or the replacement that has filled his hole the last 6 wks???

Don't say I didn't warn you about this guy ahead of time. I told you he's questionable every damn week, every single year he plays. Well help me out a little bit here, who's your backup? Who's available on waivers? Hurry as they clear in 2 hours!

Don't say I didn't warn you about this guy ahead of time. I told you he's questionable every damn week, every single year he plays. Well help me out a little bit here, who's your backup? Who's available on waivers? Hurry as they clear in 2 hours!

gresham bye

contemplating watson @ sea

gresham bye

contemplating watson @ sea

Don't contemplate it! Do it! Ben is a nice fill in this week. Browns are without Hillis, and McCoy is throwing an AWFUL lot these past few weeks. With confidence, I'd say start him. I have a feeling he finds the end zone against this Seahawks secondary.

I need some advice for this weeks waiver wire.I wanted to add a player or two. How would you rank adding these players?Demarco Murray, Carson Palmer, Eric Decker,and Matt Cassell.( depending on my roster )

I wanted to add Palmer or Cassell and drop Flacco.

If I add Murray or Decker who should I drop?

What would be better to prioritize on the waiver wire, adding Palmer or adding Decker or Murray?

My Roster

QB: Matt Shaub, Joe Flacco

RB:Jones Drew, Ryan Mathews,Daniel Thomas,Ryan Torain,Deangelo Williams, Tim High Tower

WR:Andre Johnson, Jeremy Maclin,Darrius Heyward Bey,Steve Breaston.

TE:Owen Daniels,Pettigrew.

I start 1QB, 2WR,2RB,1TE ,2 rb/wr's.

Any advice would be appreciated! Leave a link and I will give advice too.

I need some advice for this weeks waiver wire.I wanted to add a player or two. How would you rank adding these players?Demarco Murray, Carson Palmer, Eric Decker,and Matt Cassell.( depending on my roster )

I wanted to add Palmer or Cassell and drop Flacco.

If I add Murray or Decker who should I drop?

What would be better to prioritize on the waiver wire, adding Palmer or adding Decker or Murray?

My Roster

QB: Matt Shaub, Joe Flacco

RB:Jones Drew, Ryan Mathews,Daniel Thomas,Ryan Torain,Deangelo Williams, Tim High Tower

WR:Andre Johnson, Jeremy Maclin,Darrius Heyward Bey,Steve Breaston.

TE:Owen Daniels,Pettigrew.

I start 1QB, 2WR,2RB,1TE ,2 rb/wr's.

Any advice would be appreciated! Leave a link and I will give advice too.

I'm not the biggest fan of Flacco, but he's been slinging the ball these past few weeks and you really don't know what you are getting Palmer right now. I'd have to see him for AT LEAST the first week and see how he does before I start dropping my valuable backup for him.

Ha, funny. You are actually in the same boat I'm in, in one of my leagues I own Hightower and Torain....They both suck, owning any Redskins RB right now sucks, and they are unpredictable

To be honest, I'm really HIGH on Demarco Murray. With Felix out for at least 2-4 weeks, he should see the majority of the rushing game. Even with Choice back there, you can tell Murray is gonna be the go-to-guy now.

And I also like Eric Decker, but let's see how him and Tim connect on Week 1 of the "Tebow Project" before we start making any predictions.

But after saying all this, I say you keep Joe, and go for Murray and/or Decker. And look at dropping one of those annoying Redskins' Running Backs. Hope this helps!

Thanks for your input!I appreciate it I'm still stuck on the fence about who I should add. Decker or Palmer.hmmm.I have a feeling palmer is going to do really well as soon as week 9 comes.

I'm not the biggest fan of Flacco, but he's been slinging the ball these past few weeks and you really don't know what you are getting Palmer right now. I'd have to see him for AT LEAST the first week and see how he does before I start dropping my valuable backup for him.

Ha, funny. You are actually in the same boat I'm in, in one of my leagues I own Hightower and Torain....They both suck, owning any Redskins RB right now sucks, and they are unpredictable

To be honest, I'm really HIGH on Demarco Murray. With Felix out for at least 2-4 weeks, he should see the majority of the rushing game. Even with Choice back there, you can tell Murray is gonna be the go-to-guy now.

And I also like Eric Decker, but let's see how him and Tim connect on Week 1 of the "Tebow Project" before we start making any predictions.

But after saying all this, I say you keep Joe, and go for Murray and/or Decker. And look at dropping one of those annoying Redskins' Running Backs. Hope this helps!

Ok, waivers have cleared! If you have any dilemmas, shoot them my way! I think I helped out a nice amount of people last week.....Let's keep that going this week. Shoot me your trade dilemmas, lineup issues, and waiver wire questions....I'm here!

With Gresham on bye this week who posts the most points from these TEs. Standard scoring.

B. Watson Vs. Seattle

D. Clark @ NO

J. Cook vs. Houston

E. Dickson @ Jacksonville

H. Miller @ Arizona

TIA

With Gresham on bye this week who posts the most points from these TEs. Standard scoring.

B. Watson Vs. Seattle - I like this match up against the SeaHawks. McCoy is throwing everywhere right now and I have a feeling Ben finds the end zone this week

D. Clark @ NO - I consider him a bust. He has turned into more of a blocking tight end than a valuable WR like he was when Peyton was back there calling the shots. However, the Saints do give up the 6th most fantasy points to the tight end position. Maybe Curtis finds him for another 1 yard, 1 handed catch in the end zone, then again....maybe not.

J. Cook vs. Houston - Houston is fantastic at holding down their opponents tight ends...The Texans allow the 3rd fewest fantasy points to the tight end position so tread lightly here.

E. Dickson @ Jacksonville - Jaguars are awful against the run, so Ed might be asked to block more than go down field in this one. Plus he hasn't reached the end zone since Week 1. Another one you are just hoping catches one in the end zone

H. Miller @ Arizona - Miller has failed to score double digits in a game this season. He has only 1 touchdown, which came in Week 5, and he is really a non-factor in the passing game. You are gambling on him scoring a red zone touchdown, feeling lucky?

TIA

So after saying all of this, I'd say it's down to Watson and Clark. Pick your poison, I'd say go with Watson! Good luck in Week 7 my friend!

Ode to your wisdon Sir Windy!

Should I drop Manningham for Little? ...Little wasn't picked up on waivers yesterday which suprised me. I'm still hunching that Manny could post huge numbers going forward similar to last year. However, Little is a friggn Beast.

My other WR's

A.Johnson

M.Wallace

D.Bryant

E.Decker

..and Manningham

Thanks my fellow Chicagoan!

Ode to your wisdon Sir Windy!

Should I drop Manningham for Little? ...Little wasn't picked up on waivers yesterday which suprised me. I'm still hunching that Manny could post huge numbers going forward similar to last year. However, Little is a friggn Beast.

My other WR's

A.Johnson

M.Wallace

D.Bryant

E.Decker

..and Manningham

Thanks my fellow Chicagoan!

Little was so aggravating last week if you ask me. He caught a ball at the 2 with no one in sight of him and proceeded to slip and fall out of bounds at the 1. Then in the 2nd half he had a for sure touchdown that he also dropped, but he was double teamed. He still put up decent numbers with 6 catches for 72 yards. But he had 12 targets, and 2 of them should have been touchdowns. Seahawks secondary is shaky, so he might have some potential, but he has yet to prove he can catch it when it COUNTS.

On the other hand, I hate to say this, but Mario is looking like a bust. The man has 20 fantasy points this season....20. Not one touchdown, and hasn't caught more than 5 balls in a game this season! He does run into some nice match ups off the bye though, first one against the lowly Dolphins. Then he goes against the horrid Patriots defense the following week. If you look further down the road, he still has to play, the 49ers, Eagles, Packers, Jets, and Redskins. Not exactly SOFT defenses if you ask me.

Here's Little's next 8 opposing defenses:

Seattle

@San Fran

@Houston

St Louis

Jac

@Cincy

Bal

@Pitt

Here's Manningham's next 8 opposing defenses:

Miami

@New England

@SF

PHI

@NO

Green Bay

@Dallas

Washington

To me it looks like Little has the edge after Week 9 in match ups, however, he has to face the Ravens and Steelers defense in Week 13 and 14, and if you make it as far as Week 16, he faces the RAVENS AGAIN. Not exactly great match ups in the playoffs if you catch my drift. Hard to make this call man to be honest with you. My gut says stick with manningham for these next 2 match ups. If he still fails, then cut his ass loose and hope that Little is still there. Or you can gamble now and let Little go before the playoffs start. Whew! To my fellow Chicagoan, hope this helps. If not, best of luck with whatever you decide! Anything else you need, you just gimme a shout.

i need to drop one to pick up a QB, I have Fitz on a bye. Yes, he is my starter and only QB. I also need to pick up a WR or two since I'm not sold on DHB this week.

I can drop either:

Tampa Mike (This is who I need to replace for this week)

Cruz ( BYE)

D. Nelson (BYE)

DHB (KC)

or

I can just outright drop Starks.

I am 1-5, 3 games out with 7 left. I have almost literally no chance at making the playoffs so I am playing week to week and have total disregard for my roster. I am making moves like crazy to put what I think is the best line up in every week. The only thing I have going for me is i am 3 behind 1st place with 3 teams tied. All I need to do is catch one of them and they are really all one injury away from being in a bad place.

That said,

should I drop any of those guys for:

Little

Breaston

i need to drop one to pick up a QB, I have Fitz on a bye. Yes, he is my starter and only QB. I also need to pick up a WR or two since I'm not sold on DHB this week.

I can drop either:

Cruz ( BYE)

D. Nelson (BYE)

DHB (KC)

or

I am 1-5, 3 games out with 7 left. I have almost literally no chance at making the playoffs so I am playing week to week and have total disregard for my roster. I am making moves like crazy to put what I think is the best line up in every week. The only thing I have going for me is i am 3 behind 1st place with 3 teams tied. All I need to do is catch one of them and they are really all one injury away from being in a bad place.

That said,

Little

Breaston

Whew, ok so before I go into any type of analysis here. Let me get this straight. You need to pick up 1 QB, and you need at LEAST 1 WR, maybe 2. Correct?

I can drop either:

Cruz ( BYE)

D. Nelson (BYE)

DHB (KC)

or

That said,

Little

Breaston

Can you tell me who is available in your league at least? That would help me out a little and show me what options you are looking at. Who's on the wire at QB and WR?

Yes, I am currently starting DHB, Tampa Mike and Austin. I have Nelson and Cruz on a bye. I am not sold on DHB or Tampa Mike this week so I am thinking of replacing them with Breaston and Little. I am liking DHB now with Palmer going there so I wanna hold on to him. Like I say, I just gotta win week by week.

SO far my order is,

1st. Fred Davis to replace Keller going forward

2nd. Cassel for Nelson

3rd. Little for Tampa Mike

Yes, I am currently starting DHB, Tampa Mike and Austin. I have Nelson and Cruz on a bye. I am not sold on DHB or Tampa Mike this week so I am thinking of replacing them with Breaston and Little. I am liking DHB now with Palmer going there so I wanna hold on to him. Like I say, I just gotta win week by week.

SO far my order is,

1st. Fred Davis to replace Keller going forward

2nd. Cassel for Nelson

3rd. Little for Tampa Mike

1.) I love Fred Davis, I've had him since Week 1 and loved every minute of it. Not exactly sure now though with Beck at QB, but can't be much worse with Rex in there, right? Plus Cooley is OUT as far as I know so Fred is the ONLY TE they really have.

2.) I dislike this move. What other QB's are out there? Is he really the only one on waivers?

3.) Read right above these posts what I said about Little. He has some nice match ups coming up, but he keeps dropping the ball. Did you see him slip and fall out of bounds with no one near him at the goal line last week? Had me FUMING! LOL.

Cutler

SEA QB

Painter

Beck

Moore

Thats it for QBs. Pretty weak, eh? I know what your saying about Little but he has to out produce Tampa going forward, no? Except for that tough stretch at the end. But I gotta get to the end to worry about it. Know what I mean?

I hate to drop Tampa or Nelson but I will have the first/ second pick next week so I can get either back if I want. I just feel like Tampa Mike HAS to break out.

Plus I gotta deal on the side where I'm trying to get Maclin for McGahee. If it goes through I roll with Austin, Maclin and the flavor of the week.