windycityiggy

Need Lineup Help? Ask Here!

Need to pick 2 from among these.

James Jones

Mike Williams, TB

Percy Harvin

Doug Baldwin

Denarius Moore

Definitely going with James Jones, but for #2 I'm a bit stumped. Was thinking Williams, but does Harvin do better now with Ponder? Or Baldwin?

I think Percy will do even better with the kid at QB. Donovan was holding everyone back if you ask me. That's slim picking right there, but I'd stick with Harvin.

Earnest Graham or Steven Jackson

PPR league... With Bradford out I'm thinking Graham is the better play

Graham is the better play on paper. Jackson might have a tough time against this Defense, and they might be down 42 by halftime which means no run game. Just my 2 cents, but I still like my bears!

Good luck in week 7 folks, kickoff in 5 minutes!

Can't believe I fit everyone's questions in on time! Whew!

Flex, standard scoring.

D thomas

J battle

D murray

Thx!

Murray!! You must not have read my Week 7 Start 'Em Sit 'Em! Good Luck in Week 7!

Earnest is down and out folks. Tampa Bay down to it's 3rd string. Sorry if you started him, nothing you can do about that!

Again for those waiting, the Week 8 Rankings are up on http://ffblife.com

WR - http://ffblife.com/index.php/wr-rankings/223-wrranks8 WR Rankings

RB - http://ffblife.com/index.php/rb-rankings/222-rbranks8 RB Rankings

QB - http://ffblife.com/index.php/qb-rankings/221-qbranks8 QB Rankings

Good luck this week people.

Gates for Tebow?

10 Team, Non PPR League. My two QB's are so inconsistent. Is this a good trade???

Team:

QB - JFreeman, JFlacco

RB - CJohnson, WMcGahee, NMoreno, PThomas, DCarter

WR - GJennings, VJackson, MColston, DemThomas

TE - JWhitten, AGates

DEF - Bears, Giants

K - JScobee

Gates for Tebow?

10 Team, Non PPR League. My two QB's are so inconsistent. Is this a good trade???

Team:

QB - JFreeman, JFlacco

RB - CJohnson, WMcGahee, NMoreno, PThomas, DCarter

WR - GJennings, VJackson, MColston, DemThomas

TE - JWhitten, AGates

DEF - Bears, Giants

K - JScobee

Of course this is a good trade! You already have one of the best TE's in the game in Witten so Gates is irrelevant anyway. You are light at QB and this will help you along the way. Gates is questionable every single damn week. Forget about that guy and pull the trigger on this trade!

BIG GAME THIS WEEK FOR MY TEAM...ON an 0-2 SKID

M.Vick vs. DAL or C.Newton vs. Min (choose 1)

R.Mathews vs. KC, Frank Gore vs.CLE, MJD vs HOU L.McCoy vs. DAL, R.Torain vs. BUF, M.Tolbert vs. KC(Please choose 2 or 3(flex))

V.Jax vs. KC, M. Austin vs. PHI, J.Maclin vs. DAL, M.Crabtree vs. CLE(Choose 2 or 3(flex, but thinking RB)

Saints D vs. STL or Giants D vs. MIA

Will help you...thanks

Eagles D or Cowboys D? I'm not really liking either one, so should I pick up a defense with a good matchup? Buffalo and San Diego are available in my league. I need a W this week!! Thanks for the help!

RB 2 Help: Jackie Battle or Delone Carter, and WHY?

Thanks!

This is a very tough one. On one hand, Jackie is the primary back in terms of carries for KC. But is he really the goal-line back? You still have Dexter and Thomas Jones in that backfield so it's so hard to predict who's going to get the ball when. My guess is we see another 12-16 carries from Jackie. Monday night game against SD is not a good thing either. If Rivers snaps off, and KC goes down early, how much will they rely on Jackie then? Dexter is the most versatile back of the three and he will be used for passing downs and screens.

Carter is clearly the goal-line back for Indy and scored the only touchdown in the 62-7 rout against the Saints. Again though, is Adaai healthy? Will he get any playing time this week? And you also have Donald Brown to worry about. So you are debating on 2 running backs who have potential, but also have 2 other guys that are waiting for the ball as well. Like I said, pretty tough call. Is it a PPR or Standard league?

Put a gun to my head and I'd say Carter. Just because of the match up. Titans defense was superior in the first couple of weeks, but have feel off since. Currently giving up the 4th most fantasy points per game to running backs.

Hope this helps. Good Luck in Week 8

R.Mathews vs. KC, Frank Gore vs.CLE, MJD vs HOU L.McCoy vs. DAL, R.Torain vs. BUF, M.Tolbert vs. KC(Please choose 2 or 3(flex))

V.Jax vs. KC, M. Austin vs. PHI, J.Maclin vs. DAL, M.Crabtree vs. CLE(Choose 2 or 3(flex, but thinking RB)

Will help you...thanks

Yes, of course I will help. Give me a minute to compute this all in my head lol. I'll will get back to you though, promise. Good luck in Week 8!

Eagles D or Cowboys D? I'm not really liking either one, so should I pick up a defense with a good matchup? Buffalo and San Diego are available in my league. I need a W this week!! Thanks for the help!

I'd pass on the Eagles D, but Cowboys and Chargers are worth a look. Cowboys D/ST is pretty solid. They average double digit fantasy points a game, and they even managed to score double digits against Tom Brady and Co. They also have the always dangerous Dez Bryant returning kicks. Call me crazy, but I see a Cowboys D/ST touchdown. Chargers have a pretty good match up with the lowly Chiefs. Monday night game and KC just came off a big win. Might come back down to earth in this one against a superior Chargers offense. Tough call but I'd go with Cowboys, just my gut telling me.

- just noticed this thread. pardon the double posting -

I have Vernon slated for my #3 wr/te spot. I am going against Big Ben this weekend and am considering Brown or Sanders as a counter move. Brown seems like the safest play, but if Ward misses the game Sanders 'could' have a huge day. Vernon is a crap shoot but has a decent match up (Cle). I need to score heavy this week to beat this guy.

(Little & Demaryius on bench)

Thanks

- just noticed this thread. pardon the double posting -

I have Vernon slated for my #3 wr/te spot. I am going against Big Ben this weekend and am considering Brown or Sanders as a counter move. Brown seems like the safest play, but if Ward misses the game Sanders 'could' have a huge day. Vernon is a crap shoot but has a decent match up (Cle). I need to score heavy this week to beat this guy.

(Little & Demaryius on bench)

Thanks

I like Vernon this week. Browns have given up 5 touchdowns to the TE position already this year. Brown and Sanders are crap shoots. I couldn't even give you an honest answer until I know if Ward is playing or not.

Greg Little might have a good day as Massaquoi is probably out which means Little is really the only true WR they have taking the field Sunday.

I have two lineup delimas one at the TE position and another of course at FLEX.

TE: R. Gronkowski vs. PIT or F. Davis vs. @ BUF

I like Davis here with the matchup, however I'm worried about how he will respond to being double-teamed.

FLEX: R. Torrain @ BUF, J. Battle @ SD or J. Maclin @ Dallas

I'm in a non PPR league so typically I prefer to go with a RB at my FLEX position, but it seems like Maclin might be my most appealing option this week.

Week 8 Start 'Em Sit 'Em >>>>> http://ffblife.com/index.php/michaeliggy/226-omostartsit8 <<<<< Check out my Week 8 column and let me know what you think or other dilemmas you may have. A simple rating of my article is all I ask of those who visit my thread weekly. Thanks to all! Good luck in Week 8!

I have two lineup delimas one at the TE position and another of course at FLEX.

TE: R. Gronkowski vs. PIT or F. Davis vs. @ BUF

I like Davis here with the matchup, however I'm worried about how he will respond to being double-teamed.

FLEX: R. Torrain @ BUF, J. Battle @ SD or J. Maclin @ Dallas

I'm in a non PPR league so typically I prefer to go with a RB at my FLEX position, but it seems like Maclin might be my most appealing option this week.

Look here twofewbraincell: http://ffblife.com/index.php/michaeliggy/226-omostartsit8 <<< That will answer your TE situation, which I agree with you on. Davis is who I'm starting im my one league.

At flex it's either Maclin or Torain. I actually have Torain as a featured start em on my column as well but Maclin just might put up even better numbers. I'd feel safe putting either in as my flex to be honest. Best of luck in Week 8!

some good free information you got going on here :thumbsup:

what 3 wr's would you keep for the season

victor cruz

mario manninghah

michael crabtree

jabar gaffney

nate washington or damian williams

torrey smith

Who would you roll with this week Newton or Big Ben? I like Newton, but I think that NE/PIT is going to be a shootout.

Scoring:

1pt/50yds passing

1pt/20 yds rush/rec

6pts/all TDs

-2pts/INT/FUM

Bonus (6pts) at 350 passing/125 rush/rec

Will help you...thanks

Here's my Week column: http://ffblife.com/index.php/michaeliggy/226-omostartsit8 <<< Read there and that will actually answer quite a few of these questions.

I'd go Newton based on the match up. You see the Vikings D lately? Combined 72 points allowed past 2 games! Newton should wreak HAVOC on this defense.

Matthews looks like a good start, Tolbert is being hampered by a hamstring and hand injury and did not practice today. So you can erase Tolbert from the equation.

Hard to sit McCOY right now, he will get his so that's #2.

And then I'm torn between Gore and Torain. Cleveland D is no joke, and you just never know about the Redskins backfield. But I'm rolling the dice and sticking with Torain.

Crabtree and Maclin as WRs.

Again read here: http://ffblife.com/index.php/michaeliggy/226-omostartsit8 and it will actually explain a few of these decisions in more depth! Good luck in Week 8 and hope I helped you out a little!

some good free information you got going on here :thumbsup:

what 3 wr's would you keep for the season

victor cruz

mario manninghah

michael crabtree

jabar gaffney

nate washington or damian williams

torrey smith

Thanks gc, appreciate that!

I would keep Crabtree for sure, he's SF only WR!

Nate Washington is the #1 in Tennessee and he also has a very nice schedule the rest of the way so I would definitely keep him as well.

On the 3rd option, I would leave that up to you. Get rid of one of the Giants WR's, no point of keeping two as I highly doubt you are going to start them both!

Hope this helps!

Check out my week 8 Start 'Em Sit 'Em: http://ffblife.com/index.php/michaeliggy/226-omostartsit8

Who would you roll with this week Newton or Big Ben? I like Newton, but I think that NE/PIT is going to be a shootout.

Scoring:

1pt/50yds passing

1pt/20 yds rush/rec

6pts/all TDs

-2pts/INT/FUM

Bonus (6pts) at 350 passing/125 rush/rec

I actually own both of these guys, but in separate leagues. I'm starting Cam in one, and Ben in the other, so I get the best of both worlds! Make me choose just one though, ughh that's tough. Based on the type of scoring league you are in, I'd have to say Cam. Vikings defense is just horrid right now and have given up 72 points combined there last 2 games. Big Ben will be throwing, no dobut about that, but something tells me the Steelers are going to try to run the ball and keep Brady off the field. I also have Cam as a featured Start 'Em in my column this week, so I guess I'd say Cam: http://ffblife.com/index.php/michaeliggy/226-omostartsit8

Hope this helps, best of luck in Week 8!

Four times a year we play doubleheader games and this weeks a ###### due to some bad byes. Need 1 rb, 1 wr, and 1 flex position from the group of five. I play in a deep 16 team league so it can get ugly as some of the five below reflect.

Owen Daniels vs Jags

Daniel Thomas @ NY Giants

Jabar Gaffney @ Buf

Delone Carter @ Tenn

Deangelo Williams vs. Minn

6 pts for rush or receiving td's, bonus @ 100 yards combined rushing/receiving yards, & bonus at 4 plus catches. Please give me your three. Also, while I'm at it Steelers D vs NE or Buf vs Wash (in Toronto)?

Thanks!!! Scott

Four times a year we play doubleheader games and this weeks a ###### due to some bad byes. Need 1 rb, 1 wr, and 1 flex position from the group of five. I play in a deep 16 team league so it can get ugly as some of the five below reflect.

Owen Daniels vs Jags

Daniel Thomas @ NY Giants

Jabar Gaffney @ Buf

Delone Carter @ Tenn

Deangelo Williams vs. Minn

6 pts for rush or receiving td's, bonus @ 100 yards combined rushing/receiving yards, & bonus at 4 plus catches. Please give me your three. Also, while I'm at it Steelers D vs NE or Buf vs Wash (in Toronto)?

Thanks!!! Scott

Erase DeAngelo from this because the Vikings are stout against the Run and he NEVER get's the goal-line carry so he's worthless.

Owen Daniels for sure

Jabar Gaffney is now the #1 WR in Washington with the loss of Santana Moss, so he should get his.

Between Thomas and Carter for the last spot, and Thomas was limited in practice today....Watch the status of him and Adaai. If Adaai doesn't play, Carter becomes the goal-line back automatically. Watch the status of Thomas as well. Talk to you Saturday about the last spot when we know more about these two, cool?

Hope this helps ya! Good luck in Week 8!

Thanks for the response last week.

Standard scoring, flex.

J Battle vs SD or DJax vs DAL?

Thoughts?

Erase DeAngelo from this because the Vikings are stout against the Run and he NEVER get's the goal-line carry so he's worthless.

Owen Daniels for sure

Jabar Gaffney is now the #1 WR in Washington with the loss of Santana Moss, so he should get his.

Between Thomas and Carter for the last spot, and Thomas was limited in practice today....Watch the status of him and Adaai. If Adaai doesn't play, Carter becomes the goal-line back automatically. Watch the status of Thomas as well. Talk to you Saturday about the last spot when we know more about these two, cool?

Hope this helps ya! Good luck in Week 8!

Great minds think alike. Your thoughts echoed what I have been thinking and was really hoping you would say. I will keep an eye on Thomas' hammy issue and Delone with Addai's hammy. Thanks a lot Iggy!

Good morning Iggy. You already answered one of my questions so thank you very much! One other. Which D-Specialty team for this weekend? See below. Have a great weekend!

6 pts for defensive & specialty team TD's, 1 pt each for sacks, fumble recoveries, and INT's.

Buf vs Wash (in Toronto)

Pitts vs NE.

Thanks!

Pick my starting TE. Owen Daniels going against the lowly Jacksonville or the great but dinged up Antonio Gates against Kansas City?

Need 1 of 4 for a bye week replacement is standard scoring league.

Crabtree v. Cleveland

J. Simpson v. Seattle

Little v. NIners

Baldwin v. Bengals

In my other other league, a flex question

torain v. Bills

boldin v. Cards

I generally believe go RB, and know Bills can be scored on (look at Bradshaw's 3TD's) but Torain only had two points v. Eagles and with Shanahan you never know, he could go Helu. And even though Ravens sucked Monday night, Boldin did score, got me 10 points, and Arizona gives up a lot of points.

Thanks for the response last week.

Standard scoring, flex.

J Battle vs SD or DJax vs DAL?

Thoughts?

I think you have to go with DeSean here. Do you know he averaged 52 yards a CATCH against these guys last year! And that was on 4 RECEPTIONS! He clearly is faster than any Cowboys' DB so my guess is he catches another long one. Stick with DeSean!

Good Luck in Week 8!

Good morning Iggy. You already answered one of my questions so thank you very much! One other. Which D-Specialty team for this weekend? See below. Have a great weekend!

6 pts for defensive & specialty team TD's, 1 pt each for sacks, fumble recoveries, and INT's.

Buf vs Wash (in Toronto)

Pitts vs NE.

Thanks!

No other defenses you can pick up? These are not very good match ups for your Defense/ST. It's hard for me to say sit the Pitt defense, but that's exactly what I did in my Week 8 column: http://ffblife.com/index.php/michaeliggy/226-omostartsit8

Buffalo can't stop the run or the pass and allow a TON of points to be scored. Only upside is the Bills create turnovers. Pitt does to, but you rarely see Tom Brady and Co. make a mistake. Especially at home. Don't expect the WORLD out of this one, but I'd say Bills.

Good luck in Week 8!

Pick my starting TE. Owen Daniels going against the lowly Jacksonville or the great but dinged up Antonio Gates against Kansas City?

Gates looks like he will finally play one. I still hate his guts and this is why I stay away from him every year. He's so good, but you just never know when he's going to play and he's friggin' questionable EVERY WEEK. My guess is these two get very similar stat lines.

HOWEVER. Owen is playing Jacksonville and they play the Cover 2 defense, just like my Bears do. You know what that leads to right? Wide open down the middle tight ends. Based on match up, I'd go with Owen here. Plus he's been healthy and played all year, Gates hasn't.

Good luck in Week 8 MammothHog!

Need 1 of 4 for a bye week replacement is standard scoring league.

Crabtree v. Cleveland

J. Simpson v. Seattle

Little v. NIners

Baldwin v. Bengals

I like Crabtree. I have him as a featured starter in my column this week: http://ffblife.com/index.php/michaeliggy/226-omostartsit8

Best of luck in Week 8!