Sign in to follow this  
RicemanX

.500 owners

You're around .500 and you are juuuuust a bit outside of the playoffs with 4 games left.

Would you:

- Keep doing what you are doing, hope your players will come around

or

- Make a big trade to hopefully shake things up a bit

I just made a big trade, Wallace, Gates, Chris Johnson for Vick and Frank Gore.

Not a trade I would normally make. But considering Wallace still has his bye, I consider this a trade favoring my side.

What would you do ffters? Make a panic trade? Or stay put?

who knows :dunno:

Other than the bye week that is a known, trades like that are like spinning your wheels. If you're sick of seeing those guys in your lineup, than trade. But when it's talent for talent, not filling a need or giving up where you're stacked, it's pointless guessing. Trades do feel good with new names/faces(CBS) in your lineup.

I do love Gates rest of the way.

Well, it all depends on why your team is hovering near .500. For example, if you're treading water because big guns like MJD, Nicks and Vick haven't really fired on all cylinders during the first half of the season, then your likelihood of those guys pulling it together and having a strong second half is probably better than the chances of catching lightning in a bottle with some wild trade.

Well, it all depends on why your team is hovering near .500. For example, if you're treading water because big guns like MJD, Nicks and Vick haven't really fired on all cylinders during the first half of the season, then your likelihood of those guys pulling it together and having a strong second half is probably better than the chances of catching lightning in a bottle with some wild trade.

Well, in my case, Chris Johnson was my top RB performer all season and I'm debating between Tebow or Flacco every week for QB.

This will help me a lot.

The real question is how much I'm going to miss Gates and Wallace

Well, that's different then. You had very specific needs to fill and were trading from, presumably, positions of greater depth. Flacco and Johnson have been flat lousy, so a big turnaround seems unlikely (although Johnson showed somewhat of a pulse this week).

Tough question. Sometimes, it's just hard luck. There's a guy in one league of mine who's 4-5 but #4 in points; that guy should probably just sit tight and hope he goes on a big run to end the year since he's been performing well. By contrast, there's an 8-1 team leading the pack who's just #10 in points in a 14-team league. That owner should probably think about improving his team even though the record's there.

At this point in the season, the way you can take a gamble is to bolster an obvious weakness and hope that an undervalued player comes through. For example, if you really need an RB and are loaded at WR, maybe you swing Vincent Jackson for a good player and hope Laurent Robinson will make up most of his points. If you're in a position where 1-2 more losses will take you out of the playoff race, you also don't have time to wait on seeing if waiver wire gems pan out. Grab them, put them in over your underachievers, and hope you get lucky.

I would (and am) shake it up. I feel like if the team hasn't come around by now, something needs to change. All 3 of my teams have been hovering around the .500 mark all season so I've been trading much more than normal. I bought low on Gore very early on and that's worked out well (sold Hightower high). I sold Greene high. I sold Julio low (during the bye) and got burned on that for one week at least. I bought AJ Green high. I couldnt find buyers for CJ. I feel a lot better about 2 of the 3 teams now that I've been tinkering. The 3rd is hopeless (lost Charles, Britt, Hillis, now Nicks and maybe Beanie too)

Tough question. Sometimes, it's just hard luck. There's a guy in one league of mine who's 4-5 but #4 in points; that guy should probably just sit tight and hope he goes on a big run to end the year since he's been performing well. By contrast, there's an 8-1 team leading the pack who's just #10 in points in a 14-team league. That owner should probably think about improving his team even though the record's there.

That's it in a nutshell. In 2007 an owner in our league had Brady & Moss but because of sh!tty luck, he missed the playoffs despite finishing 4th-5th in overall points. Sometimes luck just doesn't turn around.

If you're in danger of missing the playoffs; Win NOW. That's what you should focus on. Fock weeks 14-16 and win now. Grab a Waiver wire wonder and deal one of your studs at that position for a stud from a loaded owner.