Sign in to follow this  
gocolts

Recommend a movie available on NETFLIX instant.

Sucked. Watch Irreversible (Monica Bellucci) or The Brown Bunny (Chloe Sevigny) if you want to watch something shocking. Both equally f'ed up for different reasons. Definitely not family movies.

ETA: and don't miss Bubba Ho-Tep! Awesome flick.

Just seen irreversible. Forgot about The Brown Bunny. THese are on instant too. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

F movies...

Nick Swardson's Pretend Time

filthy and hilarious all at once

F movies...

He's pretty funny...and likes to use the word retarded, so that's good. :banana:

Just seen irreversible.

What did you think?? I just watched this recently on Netflix as well...

Can I weigh in?

I thought it sucked. The two violent scenes are the only things that happened in the entire film and that was in the first 15-20 minutes. The rape was really uncomfortable and the murder was pretty rough but without any context or characters I didn't care much. The rest of the film was a tedious, pretentious slog and not worth watching at all.

Can I weigh in?

I thought it sucked. The two violent scenes are the only things that happened in the entire film and that was in the first 15-20 minutes. The rape was really uncomfortable and the murder was pretty rough but without any context or characters I didn't care much. The rest of the film was a tedious, pretentious slog and not worth watching at all.

I agree that the rest of the film was pretty boring, but I didn't think the rape scene was that bad... It just got old quick... Hard to imagine that no one would show up during the nine or so minutes that the event was taking place...

I didn't care for it that much, although the chick in this movie was very nice. I enjoyed the rape scene, but was expecting more for some reason.

Didn't like how the sh1t went backwards much either. Usually, this doesn't bother me in a movie, but for some reason, it didn't seem to work for this movie, imo.

I didn't care for it that much, although the chick in this movie was very nice. I enjoyed the rape scene, but was expecting more for some reason.

Didn't like how the sh1t went backwards much either. Usually, this doesn't bother me in a movie, but for some reason, it didn't seem to work for this movie, imo.

I think it didn't work in Irreversible because everything that happened occurred in the first 15 minutes so there wasn't much of a mystery. The rest of the film was dedicated to showing us how their lives were before the attack, but the characters weren't interesting and nothing happened to them. So after 20 minutes of brutal violence you sit there watching these banal people have pointless conversations.

It sucked. I recommended it to you though thinking you'd like the one scene.

I think it didn't work in Irreversible because everything that happened occurred in the first 15 minutes so there wasn't much of a mystery. The rest of the film was dedicated to showing us how their lives were before the attack, but the characters weren't interesting and nothing happened to them. So after 20 minutes of brutal violence you sit there watching these banal people have pointless conversations.

It sucked. I recommended it to you though thinking you'd like the one scene.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Exactly. I did like that scene, thanks for the recommendation. :cheers:

The 1978 "I Spit on Your Grave" is streaming...

Already recommended it to gocolts. He beat off to it like RP to a Newbie topless pic.

The 1978 "I Spit on Your Grave" is streaming...

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: I watch part of that movie almost everyday. :wub:

How much is Amazon per month?

$79.00 a year and it includes 2day shipping on any amazon product no additional fee and also can take out books on kindle app like from a library.

All that for like 7 bucks a month. F Netflix

F movies...

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: I just watched the first show of this and it was pretty good.

Just watched that Straw Dogs. I enjoyed it MDC, thanks for the recommendation. I really liked the chick in the movie. She had that girl next door vibe going big time. Had some creepy motherfockers in it.

I was rolling when the child molester had the young girl hitting on him.

Now the rape scene. What a focking whorre. Severed her ass right for that dude to share her with his friend after cheating on her husband.

Next in my DVD queue is

Eraserhead

House on the Edge of the Park

Entrails of a Virgin

Beyond the Darkness

Not sure which one to get next.

It's funny, I was talking with a buddy of mine on the phone the other day and told him I trying out Netflix, he has had for a while and loves it. Anyway, he said I could get about 2-3 DVDs a month in the mail. I said dude, you must be doing it wrong, because I get 2-3 a week. LOL. He prolly leaves them sitting around. I watch it the day I get it and have it the mail the next day.

Eraserhead is a pretty awesome movie. Hella crazy though.

I keep seeing this same opinion. It will likely be next. :)

My free deal runs out on the 25th though. :(

Where do you find the time to watch 2 to 3 movies a week ??

You'll love House by the Edge of the Park - same director as Cannibal Holocaust and same bad guy as Last House on the Left. It's also got tons of nudity and a scene where a retard dances to disco! It's a good one. Beyond the Darkness is super sleazy too, I loved it. Enjoy!

Donnie Darko is a must see!

It is a really good movie! Also on streaming, definitely watch Oldboy - focking awesome.

You'll love House by the Edge of the Park - same director as Cannibal Holocaust and same bad guy as Last House on the Left. It's also got tons of nudity and a scene where a retard dances to disco! It's a good one. Beyond the Darkness is super sleazy too, I loved it. Enjoy!

I just moved this ahead of Eraserhead so I should get it next. Can't wait to see it.

Where do you find the time to watch 2 to 3 movies a week ??

Since Nikki stopped posting, I don't spend as much time here. :(

Eraserhead is a pretty awesome movie. Hella crazy though.

I crazier the better. Will get it soon.

Donnie Darko is a must see!

:thumbsup: Thanks for the tip, will check it out.

$79.00 a year and it includes 2day shipping on any amazon product no additional fee and also can take out books on kindle app like from a library.

All that for like 7 bucks a month. F Netflix

Doesn't Netflix have them beat on movies/shows like 20,000 to 5,000...... :unsure:

Since Nikki stopped posting, I don't spend as much time here. :(

You used to post a lot before nikki ever posted here. :dunno:

Just watched it. I freaking loved it. After the first scene when he ran that woman off the road just so he could nail her in the backseat, I knew I was in for a treat. Couple of cool twists and a kick ass ending. THat dude plays a good creepy motherfocker too.

You used to post a lot before nikki ever posted here. :dunno:

Nikki is a lost soul. :(

She totally had the chance to fly across country to meet me, pay off my mortgage, clean my double wide and mebbe get some secs from me. Boy did she sure fock that up.

She totally had the chance to fly across country to meet me, pay off my mortgage, clean my double wide and mebbe get some secs from me. Boy did she sure fock that up.

:( How could she pass up an offer like that is beyond belief.

Just watched it. I freaking loved it. After the first scene when he ran that woman off the road just so he could nail her in the backseat, I knew I was in for a treat. Couple of cool twists and a kick ass ending. THat dude plays a good creepy motherfocker too.

:lol: :thumbsup:

I don't know how she will ever get by now that she has passed up that offer.

:headslap:

Being John Malkovich

Watched this on Netflix yesterday for the first time. It was good and worth seeing. The premise was way out there yet they did a pretty good job of making it work. By far the best performance I've ever seen by Cameron Diaz -- who knew she used to be a real actress? The love interest angle was... unique. Good ending. I'd say it stopped short of being great though -- it seemed to struggle deciding between being a dark comedy and tragedy, and I didn't think they developed the breakdown of the characters well enough (the chimp cage for instance seemed out of character for Cusack).

Overall though :thumbsup:

I keep seeing this same opinion. It will likely be next. :)

My free deal runs out on the 25th though. :(

Evidently this eraserhead is very difficult to get. It has been #1 in my queue for damn near 3 weeks and it keeps saying very long wait or some sh!t.

I will get it though because I talked it over with my son and he agreed. By by cable, hello Netfilx.

I even splurged and got the 19.99 a month deal where I get unlimited streaming and 2 DVDs at at a time. 4 more bucks a month and still nearly 30 bucks cheaper than my cable TV. I mainly did it so I can burn through Dexter quickly. I focking love Dexter, that Showtime series about the blood expert serial killer dude.

When I get these movies in the mail, I watch them that night and have in the mail the next day. They have been outstanding with the turnaround times, so by doing this 2 DVDs deal, I should have a new DVD nearly everyday, or every other day at most. Hell, I get nearly 3 a week now with only the 1 DVD a month.

Evidently this eraserhead is very difficult to get. It has been #1 in my queue for damn near 3 weeks and it keeps saying very long wait or some sh!t.

I will get it though because I talked it over with my son and he agreed. By by cable, hello Netfilx.

I even splurged and got the 19.99 a month deal where I get unlimited streaming and 2 DVDs at at a time. 4 more bucks a month and still nearly 30 bucks cheaper than my cable TV. I mainly did it so I can burn through Dexter quickly. I focking love Dexter, that Showtime series about the blood expert serial killer dude.

When I get these movies in the mail, I watch them that night and have in the mail the next day. They have been outstanding with the turnaround times, so by doing this 2 DVDs deal, I should have a new DVD nearly everyday, or every other day at most. Hell, I get nearly 3 a week now with only the 1 DVD a month.

How are you going to watch the NFL? NFL Network, ESPN, Redzone channel all have games and all on cable. :dunno:

Just in case you haven't seen them, a couple of iconic movies...

Fight Club

American Psycho

The Prestige

Borat

I just recently received and watched American Psycho based on your recommendation. You have always recommended very good shows and movies to me and this was no exception. I really enjoyed the hell out of it. I even related to it a bit, which scared the focking hell out of me.

How are you going to watch the NFL? NFL Network, ESPN, Redzone channel all have games and all on cable. :dunno:

I don't have any of that on my cable TV except ESPN anyway, so it will be easy. :(

I will likely watch the games on the PC like I did before I had cable.