Sign in to follow this  
ffr

Projectrion Pal with popular sites

I love this product and have been using it for years now. I think this will be my 6th or 7th.

My only complaint is that it seems like it could be easier to import projections from other sites (could defintiely be wrong). At least for the popular ones like CBS, ESPN, Yahoo. I always like to get more of a consenses on projections and have tried a couple times unseccesfully to import projections from other sites.

Each year when the new CC (or this year Draft Buddy) is released, I'm hope that the way to import outside projections will be made simpler.

Is there an easy to follow tutorial for importing projections from other sites?

Ok, ok, enough complaining. The Draft Buddy is Awesome and thanks again for releasing such a helpful tool.

Hi ffr. Thanks very much for the kind words. Glad to have you back!

I hear what you are saying about importing. It can be tricky. This old video is still pretty good for importing CBS projections (even though it is for baseball, all the concepts are the same):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6Eb3-kAN-Q&feature=plcp

I'll try to take some time to improve Pal going forward, since this is common feedback each year.

I have always wanted a forum where we could share our Projection pal imports from different sites, I think some people were sharing them one year...but not a big deal...I have have only used PP one year and decided it just want worth it....fftoday only has been pretty solid for me

Mike - Thanks for the video clip. Now I remember why I wasn't able to get things working with PP :)

DolphinDan - That would be great if there was a way we could share projections that other people were able to get working correctly. How can we do this?

Love Draft Buddy, but agree that projection pal is not user friendly. A new video would be nice or files that are already updated with different sites for us.

That being said, I have purchased for past 5 seasons and am happy, just wish I could pull more projections in without pulling my hair out!

I've found a useful tip on getting Projection Pal to work with cbssports. After setting up one of the positions in the "Raw" tabs, I copied all players from the first column (FirstName LastName) into the "name changes" tab, Column "Player Name Per Raw Projections". Then in the "Player Name Per Draft Buddy", I put the following formula, and copied down through that column:

=LEFT(C4, SEARCH(",",C4,1)-1)

This truncates just the name from the name/city string. The import into Draft Buddy then corrects the "Clean" tabs correctly during the import. There's still some one-off cleaning to do (Steven Hauschka vs Steve Hauschka) that need to be done, and this doesn't work with DEF tabs (looks like there's some tweaking necessary either with the name changes tab or the import macro, still working on that).

HTH

-jgc123

PP works rather well if you're willing to put a little time and effort into it.

I suggest importing stats from fantasypros.com as Mike has suggested in one of the other threads. The site offers projections from 11 different sources, including FF Today, CBS Sports, and ESPN. You can pick and choose which projections you want, or get a consensus from each of the sources that you prefer. It's pretty easy to work with, and not too time consuming.

My opinion is that the easiest way to import the data to PP is by selecting the Export to Exel link on fantasypros, then copy and paste the spreadsheet data into PP, rather than using the "New Query" upload feature in PP. This eliminates the issue of the players names/teams conflicting with DraftBuddy.

The other sites I have found that are easy to import projections from are profootballfocus.com, draftcalc.com, and fantasysharks.com (PFF and sharks are also available on fantasypros).

PP works rather well if you're willing to put a little time and effort into it.

I suggest importing stats from fantasypros.com as Mike has suggested in one of the other threads. The site offers projections from 11 different sources, including FF Today, CBS Sports, and ESPN. You can pick and choose which projections you want, or get a consensus from each of the sources that you prefer. It's pretty easy to work with, and not too time consuming.

My opinion is that the easiest way to import the data to PP is by selecting the Export to Exel link on fantasypros, then copy and paste the spreadsheet data into PP, rather than using the "New Query" upload feature in PP. This eliminates the issue of the players names/teams conflicting with DraftBuddy.

The other sites I have found that are easy to import projections from are profootballfocus.com, draftcalc.com, and fantasysharks.com (PFF and sharks are also available on fantasypros).

Thanks Ditka! Used fantasypros.com and copy paste and it worked really well. By far the easiest site I worked with and has the 11 different sources you can pick and choose from. What more could you need?

Thanks Ditka! Used fantasypros.com and copy paste and it worked really well. By far the easiest site I worked with and has the 11 different sources you can pick and choose from. What more could you need?

Were you able to successfully import the consensus projections from fantasypros.com into Draft Buddy? If so, could you attach your Draft Buddy file to this thread? That way, I (or anyone else interested) can just copy and paste the projections from the Draft Buddy format into our Draft Buddy files with the same Draft Buddy format.

EDIT: Actually, probably not a good idea to attach the entire draft buddy file as then anyone can use the program without paying for it. Could you instead attach just the portion of your Draft Buddy File you imported the projections to?

Hi ffr. What people found - and I confirmed this myself - is using the web query import in Projection Pal worked very well for getting the projections into Pal, so no copy-paste. Just input the web address for each position and hit New Query in Pal. You'd still need to update the headings and the first/last row of data settings in Pal before hitting Copy to Compiler.

I just emailed you at the email address that came through with your forums account (since you emailed me from the board). It bounced back. Email me at compiler@fftoday.com