Sign in to follow this  
Longus

I will answer all questions

Be sure to be specific

how many teams?

scoring format?

Starting lineup?

and other various details that are relevant to your questions

so that I can answer your question appropriately.

Thanks!

I'm in a 12 team 1pt PPR (Yahoo) and we can keep 1 player.

We play 1 QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, TE, K, DEF.

Things to know:

- Last season the top QBs scored hundreds more points than top RBs (1pt 25 yrds, 6pt TDs and 2,4,6 pt bonus for yards).

- RBs get 1 pt per 10 yards (bonus at 100 etc)

- WRs get 1 pt per 10 yards (bonus at 100 etc)

Which one player below would you keep?

- McCoy (for my 2nd rd pick)

- Ryan Mathews (8th)

- Fred Jackson (10th)

A week and a half ago I was certain Mathews would be my guy based on the best value, but now it's up in the air. I can see the logic in keeping any of the RBs.

Thanks in advance for your help.

I'm in a 12 team 1pt PPR (Yahoo) and we can keep 1 player.

We play 1 QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, TE, K, DEF.

Things to know:

- Last season the top QBs scored hundreds more points than top RBs (1pt 25 yrds, 6pt TDs and 2,4,6 pt bonus for yards).

- RBs get 1 pt per 10 yards (bonus at 100 etc)

- WRs get 1 pt per 10 yards (bonus at 100 etc)

Which one player below would you keep?

- McCoy (for my 2nd rd pick)

- Ryan Mathews (8th)

- Fred Jackson (10th)

A week and a half ago I was certain Mathews would be my guy based on the best value, but now it's up in the air. I can see the logic in keeping any of the RBs.

Thanks in advance for your help.

McCoy's upside and floor are high and plays in a high octane offense with no competition.

While Ryan Matthews is the best value, but yet to show he is durable.

Fred Jackson is a good choice but will be sharing carries with C.J. Spiller.

My Choice would be McCoy.

Thanks for asking!

McCoy's upside and floor are high and plays in a high octane offense with no competition.

While Ryan Matthews is the best value, but yet to show he is durable.

Fred Jackson is a good choice but will be sharing carries with C.J. Spiller.

My Choice would be McCoy.

Thanks for asking!

Thanks a lot for your prompt reply. One thing I left out though. The player I keep I get for the next TWO years in the same round. Would it change your mind at all knowing that this season and next season I would get Mathews in the 8th round?

I pick 10th and only really like 9 players.

Lets say it goes:

1.Foster

2.Rice

3.McCoy

4.Rodgers

5.CJ2k

6.Brady

7.Megatron

8.Brees

9.McFadden

I have some strange league settings.

Starting line up:

1qb

2rb

3wr/te -no dedicated te spot

Scoring:

1pt/75yds passing 4pts passing TD

1pt/30yds rushing or recieving 6pts ru/rec TD

.5pt ppr

Thanks a lot for your prompt reply. One thing I left out though. The player I keep I get for the next TWO years in the same round. Would it change your mind at all knowing that this season and next season I would get Mathews in the 8th round?

that might sway me to change my mind, but I believe I would still keep mccoy due to the lack of injury ::knock on wood::

I pick 10th and only really like 9 players.

Lets say it goes:

1.Foster

2.Rice

3.McCoy

4.Rodgers

5.CJ2k

6.Brady

7.Megatron

8.Brees

9.McFadden

I have some strange league settings.

Starting line up:

1qb

2rb

3wr/te -no dedicated te spot

Scoring:

1pt/75yds passing 4pts passing TD

1pt/30yds rushing or recieving 6pts ru/rec TD

.5pt ppr

im a little bit confused here. is this a 12 team league? are you assuming those are the picks?

im a little bit confused here. is this a 12 team league? are you assuming those are the picks?

12 team re-draft. I am assuming. If one of those guys make it to me or MJD signs soon that is who I would take.

12 team re-draft. I am assuming. If one of those guys make it to me or MJD signs soon that is who I would take.

I'd prolly take a look at larry fitzgerald as well, but IF MJD does sign soon I would definitely grab him

Thanks for asking!

I have a keeper question.

12 team league, one keeper. 10 points for all TDs, 10 point bonus for 300+ passing or 100+ rushing or receiving, 1 point per 25 yards passing. 1 point per 10 yards rushing or receiving. Also, we can start 1 RB and 4 WRs or 2 RBs, 2 WRs and 1 TE.

I get to choose between Stafford at QB or Rice at RB. Any thoughts?

I have a keeper question.

12 team league, one keeper. 10 points for all TDs, 10 point bonus for 300+ passing or 100+ rushing or receiving, 1 point per 25 yards passing. 1 point per 10 yards rushing or receiving. Also, we can start 1 RB and 4 WRs or 2 RBs, 2 WRs and 1 TE.

I get to choose between Stafford at QB or Rice at RB. Any thoughts?

Since all TDs are 10 points, I must choose Stafford. Even if he has an off year, he should still outpace rice in points.

Thanks for asking

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=404395

Who should I keep.

-Players will be drafted in the same round as last year.

-PPR

Welker in the 6th round

Brandon Marshall in the 8th.

Is Marshall a better value in the 8th over Welker?

I can draft someone considerably better in the 6th rd. The talent then drops off quickly.

You can't go wrong either way, but I would go with Marshall as he will be the main target for Cutler. Welker has to compete with opportunities with Gronk, Hernandez, and the newly acquired Lloyd.

What do I do with Rashad Jennings? I don't own MJD. I'm worried about holding him too long, MJD comes back & the owner doesn't want him. I'm worried about trading him too early and MJD holds out or gets injured early on. If I do trade him, what kind of player can I expect in return? McGahee type player? More? Less?

What do I do with Rashad Jennings? I don't own MJD. I'm worried about holding him too long, MJD comes back & the owner doesn't want him. I'm worried about trading him too early and MJD holds out or gets injured early on. If I do trade him, what kind of player can I expect in return?

I would try to trade Jennings to the MJD owner. Depends on when you trade him, if you trade him now you can expect a low end wr3. To be honest, I would hold onto him...you can get great value from

Thanks for asking

We play pretty standard scoring but we do play 6 points for all offensive TD's and .75 PPR. It's a 12 team league and I drafted 3rd. Format is QB/WR/WR/RB/RB/TE/Flex(WR/RB/TE), K, IDP positions are LB/LB/DB/DB/DL/DL. Our IDP Points format is 6 points Sack and INT, 1.5 points for pass defended, 3 points for Forced Fumble, 6 points defensive TD, 1 point per tackle, .5 points per tackle assist)

I ended up with the following:

QB: Tony Romo, Josh Freeman

WR: Andre Johnson, Miles Austin, Percy Harvin, Lance Moore, Louis Murphy

RB: Darren McFadden, Ahmad Bradshaw, Mike Tolbert

TE: Jermaine Gresham

K: Alex Henery

LB: Nick Perry, Calvin Pace, John Beason

DB: Roman Harper, Antoine Winfield

DL: Julius Peppers, John Abraham

I accidentally drafted Tyrell Thomas (DB for NYG) not knowing he was injured. I want to grab someone off of waivers, but I don't know if I should try to get some backup at RB, WR or TE. At WR Mike Williams from Tampa is available, but I heard heard he hasn't had a great camp. The other I might consider is Santana Moss, but I don't know about him either with a rookie QB. Rashard Jennings is available at RB, but he's going to be splitting with MJD. At TE I know I'm weak, but there's just not that much out there. Heath Miller and Martellius Bennett are the best available, unless someone has a sleeper it might be worth taking a flier on.

We play pretty standard scoring but we do play 6 points for all offensive TD's and .75 PPR. It's a 12 team league and I drafted 3rd. Format is QB/WR/WR/RB/RB/TE/Flex(WR/RB/TE), K, IDP positions are LB/LB/DB/DB/DL/DL. Our IDP Points format is 6 points Sack and INT, 1.5 points for pass defended, 3 points for Forced Fumble, 6 points defensive TD, 1 point per tackle, .5 points per tackle assist)

I ended up with the following:

QB: Tony Romo, Josh Freeman

WR: Andre Johnson, Miles Austin, Percy Harvin, Lance Moore, Louis Murphy

RB: Darren McFadden, Ahmad Bradshaw, Mike Tolbert

TE: Jermaine Gresham

K: Alex Henery

LB: Nick Perry, Calvin Pace, John Beason

DB: Roman Harper, Antoine Winfield

DL: Julius Peppers, John Abraham

I accidentally drafted Tyrell Thomas (DB for NYG) not knowing he was injured. I want to grab someone off of waivers, but I don't know if I should try to get some backup at RB, WR or TE. At WR Mike Williams from Tampa is available, but I heard heard he hasn't had a great camp. The other I might consider is Santana Moss, but I don't know about him either with a rookie QB. Rashard Jennings is available at RB, but he's going to be splitting with MJD. At TE I know I'm weak, but there's just not that much out there. Heath Miller and Martellius Bennett are the best available, unless someone has a sleeper it might be worth taking a flier on.

You had a decent draft, but when all TDs are 6 points you should of grabbed one of the big 3 QBs(i.e. Brady, Brees, Rodgers) as they will be the top scorers in all of fantasy. I believe you have a solid squad especially IF Bradshaw pans out. Rashard Jennings will not split time when MJD when he comes back, MJD owns that backfield. But I would look for a decent back up RB as Run DMC is injury prone. Possibly try to trade one of your wr for a RB.

Thanks for asking!

12 team league. Hows my team on a scale of 1-10? What was good value? Did I overdraft anybody? All opinions welcome. Will answer your questions. QBs are very valuable. 1/4 point per completion, 6pt passing TD, 1pt per 20 yards passing. Picked Stafford in the 1st round, 8th overall.

Starters:

QB: Stafford (1st round)

RB: Jamaal Charles (2nd round)

RB: Adrian Peterson (3rd round)

WR: Marques Colston (4th round)

WR: Antonio Brown (5th round)

WR: Eric Decker (6th round)

TE: Vernon Davis (7th round)

FLEX: Steven Ridley(8th round) or Shane Vereen (whoever is NE's #1 RB)

K: Hartley (19th round)

DEF: New England Patriots (17th round)

Bench:

QB: Andrew Luck (11th round)

WR: Greg Little (9th round)

WR: Austin Collie (10th round. Nice concussion tonight. Christ.)

WR: Randall Cobb (13th round)

WR: Doug Baldwin (15th round)

RB: Evan Royster (12th round)

RB: Jacquizz Rodgers (14th round)

RB: Vereen (16th round) or Ridley (whoever the backup is)

RB: Knowshon Moreno (20th round)

TE: Kyle Rudolph (18th round)

So what do you think? Thanks for the help! Appreciate it.

32 Team Dynasty league - 2 copies of each player - Full PPR and IDP

Been offered a trade: Sam Bradford for Peyton Manning straight up....my other 2 QBs are Fitzpatrick and Palmer....would you take this trade?

12 team league. Hows my team on a scale of 1-10? What was good value? Did I overdraft anybody? All opinions welcome. Will answer your questions. QBs are very valuable. 1/4 point per completion, 6pt passing TD, 1pt per 20 yards passing. Picked Stafford in the 1st round, 8th overall.

Starters:

QB: Stafford (1st round)

RB: Jamaal Charles (2nd round)

RB: Adrian Peterson (3rd round)

WR: Marques Colston (4th round)

WR: Antonio Brown (5th round)

WR: Eric Decker (6th round)

TE: Vernon Davis (7th round)

FLEX: Steven Ridley(8th round) or Shane Vereen (whoever is NE's #1 RB)

K: Hartley (19th round)

DEF: New England Patriots (17th round)

Bench:

QB: Andrew Luck (11th round)

WR: Greg Little (9th round)

WR: Austin Collie (10th round. Nice concussion tonight. Christ.)

WR: Randall Cobb (13th round)

WR: Doug Baldwin (15th round)

RB: Evan Royster (12th round)

RB: Jacquizz Rodgers (14th round)

RB: Vereen (16th round) or Ridley (whoever the backup is)

RB: Knowshon Moreno (20th round)

TE: Kyle Rudolph (18th round)

So what do you think? Thanks for the help! Appreciate it.

One of the better drafts I have seen in a 12 team. You played to your leagues format real well. I see no over reaches and even better are the values. Stafford can be a Top 3 QB. I rate this as a 9.

First draft of the season yesterday afternoon. This is a 12 team league and here are the league settings:

1 point for 10 yards rushing/receiving

1 point for 25 yards passing

6 points for all TD's

3 points for every 5 receptions

2 points for 50+ yard TD

3 points for 100+ yards rushing/receiving

3 points for 300+ yards passing

I picked 8th out of 12 and there were 18 rounds.

Projected Starters:

QB - Matt Ryan (5th round)

WR - Wes Welker (2nd round)

WR - Jordy Nelson (3rd round)

RB - Matt Forte (1st round)

RB - Darren Sproles (4th round)

FLEX - Eric Decker (6th round)

TE - Jacob Tamme

K - Neil Rackers

DEF - Patriots

Projected Bench:

QB - Andrew Luck

WR - Nate Washington, Randall Cobb, Brian Quick

RB - Ben Tate, Donald Brown, Isaac Redman, JaQuizz Rodgers

TE - Joel Dreessen

I love my starting WR's, as these were guys that I had really high on my list (especially with some points for receptions). This is part of the reason I put more emphasis on drafting bench RB's (I love Brown this year and possibly Tate and Rodgers if injuries occur to Foster/Turner). Thrilled to get Ryan in the 5th and Decker in the 6th. I took both Denver TE's just because I know they will both get their chance. I picked a defense and kicker in the last 2 rounds. Please let me know what you think, I would greatly appreciate it!

*Keeper draft advice*

I'm in a 12 team ppr league with a 1 point bonus for TD's over 40+ yards. I was able to keep Stafford along with Marshawn Lynch and Willis McGahee. I'm trying to figure out who to take with the 1st pick.

According to last years scoring Ray Rice was the top RB with 383.84 points while Calvin Johnson was the top WR with 371.20 points. With that being said should I pair Calvin with Stafford with the 1st pick, or go after one of the big 3?

First draft of the season yesterday afternoon. This is a 12 team league and here are the league settings:

1 point for 10 yards rushing/receiving

1 point for 25 yards passing

6 points for all TD's

3 points for every 5 receptions

2 points for 50+ yard TD

3 points for 100+ yards rushing/receiving

3 points for 300+ yards passing

I picked 8th out of 12 and there were 18 rounds.

Projected Starters:

QB - Matt Ryan (5th round)

WR - Wes Welker (2nd round)

WR - Jordy Nelson (3rd round)

RB - Matt Forte (1st round)

RB - Darren Sproles (4th round)

FLEX - Eric Decker (6th round)

TE - Jacob Tamme

K - Neil Rackers

DEF - Patriots

Projected Bench:

QB - Andrew Luck

WR - Nate Washington, Randall Cobb, Brian Quick

RB - Ben Tate, Donald Brown, Isaac Redman, JaQuizz Rodgers

TE - Joel Dreessen

I love my starting WR's, as these were guys that I had really high on my list (especially with some points for receptions). This is part of the reason I put more emphasis on drafting bench RB's (I love Brown this year and possibly Tate and Rodgers if injuries occur to Foster/Turner). Thrilled to get Ryan in the 5th and Decker in the 6th. I took both Denver TE's just because I know they will both get their chance. I picked a defense and kicker in the last 2 rounds. Please let me know what you think, I would greatly appreciate it!

Great Value on Ryan. I think Sproles will be a superstar in your league(i.e. plays over 50 yards) Really solid draft fot a 12 teamer. Im just wondering who else was available to you in the first round(QB, RB wise?) just trying to see if Forte is a TOP 8 pick for a league where all TDs are 6 points. Rating this 1-10(10 being the best), I rate this as a 7.5, for all TDs being 6 points then I would think that you would choose a RB that scores alot of TDs(Forte is a yardage monster & Sproles is a PPR machine.). Still, a solid draft overall.

Thanks for asking

AND

Keep 'em coming!

*Keeper draft advice*

I'm in a 12 team ppr league with a 1 point bonus for TD's over 40+ yards. I was able to keep Stafford along with Marshawn Lynch and Willis McGahee. I'm trying to figure out who to take with the 1st pick.

According to last years scoring Ray Rice was the top RB with 383.84 points while Calvin Johnson was the top WR with 371.20 points. With that being said should I pair Calvin with Stafford with the 1st pick, or go after one of the big 3?

This is a good problem to have. Both are in the top tier at thier respective position and both are durable. I LOVE ray rice(have him in all my leagues this year), but I would prolly choose MEGATRON since A.) you can pair him with your soon-to-be-elite QB, 2.) you have 2 serviceable RBs, and 3.) MEGATRON/Stafford combo should get you extra points with the big play abilities.

Thanks for the quick reply! Stafford was available with my first round pick but I wanted to get better value with Ryan. I think Ryan can have a great year, not quite as great as Stafford but the value was what I was going for. The only other RB's that I would have taken instead of Forte would have been McFadden or Murray. I don't like AP/Lynch/Gore/Turner/S.Jax this year. I focused on bonus points for 100 yard games and for 5 receptions, both of which Forte should get fairly often. I am really hoping and banking on Donald Brown being a very good RB for me. He is the clear #1 in Indy and I got him in the 9th round. Tate will be a machine if Foster misses anytime. Thanks again!

Thanks for the quick reply! Stafford was available with my first round pick but I wanted to get better value with Ryan. I think Ryan can have a great year, not quite as great as Stafford but the value was what I was going for. The only other RB's that I would have taken instead of Forte would have been McFadden or Murray. I don't like AP/Lynch/Gore/Turner/S.Jax this year. I focused on bonus points for 100 yard games and for 5 receptions, both of which Forte should get fairly often. I am really hoping and banking on Donald Brown being a very good RB for me. He is the clear #1 in Indy and I got him in the 9th round. Tate will be a machine if Foster misses anytime. Thanks again!

No Problem! I have Ryan ranked about 2 spots lower than stafford, but that is great value on Ryan. While I see your perspective on Forte, its just that when and IF DMC is healthy his upside is tremendous(think TOP 3 overall!), but that is a big IF because DMC hasnt played a full season in his career. Forte is still a good choice though.

Thanks for asking!

and

Keep 'em coming!

McFadden was my 2nd choice but the injuries scare me. Plus Chicago should have a much better passing attack this year so hoping that gives Forte even more opportunities.

2 player keeper league (first two picks), .5 PPR, 4 PT TD pass. QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/FLEX/TE. 12 teamer.

My keepers are Calvin and Chris Johnson and I have the 4th pick.

Matt Forte

Adrian Peterson

Darren McFadden

Trent Richardson

Jamaal Charles

Ryan Mathews

Matthew Stafford

Cam Newton

Greg Jennings

Rob Gronkowski

Rank your top 5 from this list.

My gut tells me to take one of the RB's, as I don't like taking a QB early... but there's several other RB's available outside of this list that I think I could get on the way back (Fred/Steve Jackson, Bradshawn, Lynch, Martin, etc). That makes me learn towards one of the QB's or maybe even Gronk?

Looking for some Keeper advice-

14 team PPR league in which I have the 9th pick of a serpentine draft

Can keep 0-3 players from previous season but only 1 from each position

QUESTION 1-

Potential WR keepers and I can only keep 1-

Mike Wallace will cost me a 5th round pick

OR

Eric Decker for a 15th round pick

*background info* some WRs keepers by other teams- Calvin Johnson, Dez Bryant, AJ Green, Jordy Nelson, Antonio Brown, Stevie Johnson, Dwayne Bowe

Second question-

Keep Vernon Davis for a 3rd round pick

Gronk, Jimmy Graham, Aaron Hernandez already designated as keepers by other teams. So, Davis would be arguably a top 2-4 TE available to be drafted.

2 player keeper league (first two picks), .5 PPR, 4 PT TD pass. QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/FLEX/TE. 12 teamer.

My keepers are Calvin and Chris Johnson and I have the 4th pick.

Matt Forte

Adrian Peterson

Darren McFadden

Trent Richardson

Jamaal Charles

Ryan Mathews

Matthew Stafford

Cam Newton

Greg Jennings

Rob Gronkowski

Rank your top 5 from this list.

My gut tells me to take one of the RB's, as I don't like taking a QB early... but there's several other RB's available outside of this list that I think I could get on the way back (Fred/Steve Jackson, Bradshawn, Lynch, Martin, etc). That makes me learn towards one of the QB's or maybe even Gronk?

First and foremost congrats on your keepers. Seeing that you have to start 2 RBs I would definitely choose a RB. ::drum roll:: I would choose Run DMC!

1. McFadden

2. Forte

3. Charles

4. Gronk

5. Stafford.

Thanks for asking!

Looking for some Keeper advice-

14 team PPR league in which I have the 9th pick of a serpentine draft

Can keep 0-3 players from previous season but only 1 from each position

QUESTION 1-

Potential WR keepers and I can only keep 1-

Mike Wallace will cost me a 5th round pick

OR

Eric Decker for a 15th round pick

*background info* some WRs keepers by other teams- Calvin Johnson, Dez Bryant, AJ Green, Jordy Nelson, Antonio Brown, Stevie Johnson, Dwayne Bowe

Second question-

Keep Vernon Davis for a 3rd round pick

Gronk, Jimmy Graham, Aaron Hernandez already designated as keepers by other teams. So, Davis would be arguably a top 2-4 TE available to be drafted.

I dont believe Wallace to be PPR material. I do believe Decker will be a High End WR2. Great value on Decker too!

TE class is so deep this year, I would even think about wasting a 3rd round pick on Davis.

Thanks for asking!

I need to decide on one keeper in a 12 team standard scoring league. We get 6 points for TD passes and I am drafting 9th.

Cam Newton

Jimmy Graham

Larry Fitzgerald

Ryan Mathews

Jammal Charles

Thanks!

I need to decide on one keeper in a 12 team standard scoring league. We get 6 points for TD passes and I am drafting 9th.

Cam Newton

Jimmy Graham

Larry Fitzgerald

Ryan Mathews

Jammal Charles

Thanks!

Do you know who the other players that are being kept?

Do you know who the other players that are being kept?

Rice, McCoy, Foster, McFadden, Lynch, Chris Johnson, Brady, Rogers, Brees, P. Manning and Bush...yes, Reggie Bush. His team was THAT bad, which is why he has the #1 pick.