Sign in to follow this  
~Shifty~

The Cowboys and their WR's

A little thin at WR this year (we start 3 so just about everyone is)

Robinson helped me big time last year and with the health concerns Miles and Dez seem to always have, I am looking for this years #3 who has a chance to put up some nice #'s

Does anyone know if Dwayne Harris has won the 3WR spot or is it a rotation of 2-3 guys?

On a side note, Stephan Hill is still available, anyone like the rookie this year? I know they have looked terrible but has the size, maybe QB's just chuck it to him???

Thanks

Ogletree will see the field the most in my opinion, what he does with the opportunity is anybodies guess. Harris is the most talented

I'm not sure any of those guys have quite the talent/fit that Robinson did last year. I expect some more of that work to filter out across the three primary receivers.

Beasley will end up as the slot receiver

65-750-5

Fill me in on why you think Beasley. I feel like you are holding out on me.

Mainly because I am not sold on the other two (Ogletree and Harris). Who knows maybe the light will go on for one of them but I am not feeling it. Beasley has been termed QB friendly by Garrett and Beasley himself says he's a faster version of Welker. He just seems to have his head on and other than his small stature, should provide Romo with the outlet receiver he has sorely lacked the last few seasons. Plus, he has a lot to prove after leaving camp earlier this summer only to be persuaded to return by the Cowboys.

beasley has made himself impossible to cut by repeatedly making slot corners look silly. the problem is that he just doesn't have the body to play outside, which the cowboys want since austin is lethal in the slot. in addition, the #3 needs to be able to start if either of the top 2 guys go down, and beasley doesn't look like the guy who is going to be able to do that.

as much as i'd like to see beasley on the field, IMO we're going to see ogletree (who excels at beating press coverage) as the 3rd WR in the nickel. it's important to remember that robinson's numbers from last season represented a number of games started, rather than just package play. it would be unwise to expect anything close to those numbers from a non-starter this season.