Sign in to follow this  
SUXBNME

Ask a stoopid grease monkey a stupid auto related question.

Serious issues only, please. <_<

Also, Year, make and model is a requirement

If im driving my truck down the road and i see some loser walking a dog with one hand and carrying a shopping bag full of nasty disgusting dog crap in the other. Is it required that i beep my horn slow down roll down the window and point and laugh at his pathetic state ? :dunno:

If im driving my truck down the road and i see some loser walking a dog with one hand and carrying a shopping bag full of nasty disgusting dog crap in the other. Is it required that i beep my horn slow down roll down the window and point and laugh at his pathetic state ? :dunno:

Not required, but certainly not frowned upon, either.

Serious question. A guy in my league has just offered me Larry Fitzgerald for Bills QB Fitzpatrick. He's loaded at WR but has sh!t for QB. I've got Ruthlessberger as my starter. If something happens to him, i'd be screwed. And my three starting WR are Percy Harvin, Stevie Johnson, and Reggie Wayne.

TIA

There's a fill tube for that right next to the blinker fluid reservoir.

Serious question. A guy in my league has just offered me Larry Fitzgerald for Bills QB Fitzpatrick. He's loaded at WR but has sh!t for QB. I've got Ruthlessberger as my starter. If something happens to him, i'd be screwed. And my three starting WR are Percy Harvin, Stevie Johnson, and Reggie Wayne.

TIA

Keep your current roster and play matchups for QB.

2008 Dodge Magnum, approaching 50K miles. Thought due for transmission service so took to the local Big O. Said it's a sealed transmission with no dipstick (insert jokes here). They don't have equipment to service. They said local transmission shops might, but it's a small town.

Is this a service that I should be concerned about having done?

Should I go to dealer as opposed to some shop I've never dealt with?

Will they tell me in advance how hard they're going to rape me, or is it likely to be a surprise?

Do you really need to do the scheduled maintenance? I've got a Volvo nearing 60k and I'd rather not shell out a butt load of money to replace things that aren't yet broken.

2008 Dodge Magnum, approaching 50K miles. Thought due for transmission service so took to the local Big O. Said it's a sealed transmission with no dipstick (insert jokes here). They don't have equipment to service. They said local transmission shops might, but it's a small town.

Will they tell me in advance how hard they're going to rape me, or is it likely to be a surprise?

6 or 8 cylinder?

Do you really need to do the scheduled maintenance? I've got a Volvo nearing 60k and I'd rather not shell out a butt load of money to replace things that aren't yet broken.

The idea of scheduled maintenance is to keep things from breaking.

Yes, you should really do the scheduled maintenance, but you can save yourself a shitload of money by not having your dealer do it.

They will charge you for stupid crap like "lubing the door hingers". Look for a reputable shop in your area that employs ASE cerified technicians.

2008 Dodge Magnum V8-5.7L

Vehicle Level Transmission and Drivetrain Technical Service Bulletins All Technical Service Bulletins Maintenance - Fluid Flushing Information

Maintenance - Fluid Flushing Information

NUMBER: 26-001-09

GROUP: Miscellaneous

DATE: September 24, 2009

THIS BULLETIN SUPERSEDES TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN 26-003-07, DATED MARCH 30, 2007, WHICH SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM YOUR FILES. THIS IS A COMPLETE REVISION AND NO ASTERISKS HAVE BEEN USED TO HIGHLIGHT REVISIONS.

SUBJECT:

Fluid Flushing Requirements

MODELS:

2005 - 2010 (LX) 300/Magnum/Charger

DISCUSSION:

Chrysler Group vehicle fluid systems do NOT require regular flushing. These systems include: engine oil, transmission oil, axle lube, brake fluid, power steering fluid, and refrigerant. The only exception to this requirement are published in the vehicle maintenance schedules, e.g. engine coolant.

Exceptions to this recommendation include only those instances where a failure has occurred and/or the system has become compromised, contaminated or overheated beyond the normal operating range.

Chrysler Group does NOT recommend aftermarket chemicals to flush the engine, transmission, brake or steering systems. Chemicals contained in these products can damage the system elastomeric components, and contaminate the component fluid, leading to loss of system/component durability and service life. When necessary, only the original approved system fluid should be used to flush these components using teamPSE® approved equipment.

If the engine coolant contains a considerable amount of sediment, clean and flush with Mopar Cooling System Flush, p/n 04856977, or equivalent. Follow with a thorough rinsing to remove all deposits and chemicals. Refill with a minimum of a 50% mixture of the specified coolant and distilled water.

POLICY:

Information Only

Disclaimer :This bulletin is supplied as technical information only and is not an authorization for repair.

I'm going to assume your is a 5.7L.

If this is the case you should have a Dipstick, and it is not a "sealed" system.

It also looks like you are supposed to have the fluid changed and filter replaced at 60K.

Do this for sure :thumbsup:

My wife with fake 36 c's keeps getting dents in the minivan. How do I fix her?

My wife with fake 36 c's keeps getting dents in the minivan. How do I fix her?

Trade her in while the resale value is still decent.

Now, Mr Suxbnme, being an expert on general automotive knowledge, can you tell me what would be the correct ignition timing be on a 1955 Bellaire Chevrolet with a 327 cubic engine and a 4-barrel carburetor?

Now, Mr Suxbnme, being an expert on general automotive knowledge, can you tell me what would be the correct ignition timing be on a 1955 Bellaire Chevrolet with a 327 cubic engine and a 4-barrel carburetor?

That's a bullsh1t question <_<

When I watch pron I can longer get "it"up. Sex no problem but pron :nono:

WTF - is it broken ?????

When I watch pron I can longer get "it"up. Sex no problem but pron :nono:

WTF - is it broken ?????

You obviously have a broken wife. Plus, you seem to have a broken sense of self worth.

Take 2 OldMaids and call me in the morning.

You obviously have a broken wife.

Nope that is not the problem

Plus, you seem to have a broken sense of self worth.

You REALLY do not know me ......

Take 2 OldMaids and call me in the morning.

I cannot even handle ONE OM.....

:wave: :wave:

Yes, you should really do the scheduled maintenance, but you can save yourself a shitload of money by not having your dealer do it.

They will charge you for stupid crap like "lubing the door hingers". Look for a reputable shop in your area that employs ASE cerified technicians.

:thumbsup:

How often should one change oil if using synthetic? 2006 WRX

In all honesty, I don't really know sh1t about oil changes. (contrary to popular opinion here)

What I do know is that with a synthetic oil change our guy puts the window sticker at a 6k intravel.

Seriously, though...Your owners manual is your frined. Long gone are the days when you have to change your oil every 3000 miles.

Also, long gone are the days when one could just 'tune up' their car by just replacing the spark plugs, wires, distributor cap, rotor and fuel filter.

Actually, I take the above back..Depends on the car, obviously