Sign in to follow this  
Bui

Trade Value of Ryan Mathews?

Hi guys, I am looking to move Ryan Mathews. Can anyone who has successfully traded him in the last week or so chime in on who you received for him?

I would like to know what kind of WR or RB I can expect to get for him. Thanks.

Not much. High end Wr 3 possibly a low end Wr2. He's too inconsistent and splits carries. Plus when down its the Ronnie Brown show. He has more value on your bench prob at this point unless you package him up n trade him to someone weak at rb and strong at Wr.

When Sproles went down, I needed a RB. I tried to get elite RB's, but no one would budge.

I ended up going after Mathews. I traded Dez Bryant for him.

Dez scored 14 points last week in my league, so I doubt you could do this now.

I can not afford to lose this week and was debating to offer Harvin for Mathews :dunno:

Looking at Mathews game log i did not like what i saw. There is no way your going to get a RB1 for him. He is barely a low RB2 right now and that is generous. Actually looking at #s again he is barely a FLEX. Ill do some more research and try to trade Harvin for something else. The Mathews owner did say he would give me Leshoure and Bowe for Harvin.

Wk	Date	Opp	Recpt	RuAtt	RuYd	RuTD	FL	FPTS
*1	9/10	@OAK	-	-	-	-	-	
*2	9/16	TEN	-	-	-	-	-	
3	9/23	ATL	5	10	44	-	1	5
4	9/30	@KC	2	14	61	-	-	8
5	10/7	@NO	6	12	80	1	-	19
6	10/15	DEN	4	22	74	-	-	8
7	BYE	-	-	-	-	-	-	-
8	10/28	@CLE	2	24	95	-	1	7
9	11/1	KC	2	13	67	-	-	6
10	11/11	@TB	5	17	54	-	-	7

Only one game with double digit fantasy pts and not one game over 100.

In our geek league, Mathews recently went straight up for Drew Brees.

There has been a lot of debate about who got the best of that deal. :dunno:

You're trolling, right?

I was desperate for a decent WR so I traded him for Decker before the Week 10 games.

FYI, the Decker owner had both his starting RBs on bye in Week 10.

Being offered Colston and Sidney Rice for him ...am I crazy for second guessing this? Anyone think Mathews can turn it around?

You're trolling, right?

I swear it.

Medstudent traded Drew Brees to IamWood for Ryan Mathews. Opinions are divided about the trade in our league.

Anyone think Mathews can turn it around?

No....not without an injury or coaching change. Brown is sniping his receiving upside and Battles is bleeding him dry of any goal line opportunities.

I was offered Brees for him back when Matthews was first coming off injury...and couldn't hit the accept button fast enough. Turned my season around.

Unfortunately, his value is nil right now. Best to hold and pray for a miracle. If, by chance, your trade deadline extends past this week, hope for a big game and move him ASAP.

Forget about it. He is untradeable right now. Unless you have a real sucker in your league, you will not get fair value for him. Your best bet is to hold on and hope to catch a hot streak at some point.

I've been using him as an RB3 flex so I didn't realize quite how bad he's been.

He's 32nd in rb PPG over the last 5 games. No tds. That's awful.

Pretty amazing to hear the differing views on this guy. Some leagues he's being traded for Brees, and some league he's worth nothing more then a RB4/5.

Pretty amazing to hear the differing views on this guy. Some leagues he's being traded for Brees, and some league he's worth nothing more then a RB4/5.

He's certainly an enigma surrounded by a paradigm......resulting in a conundrum.

Forget about it. He is untradeable right now. Unless you have a real sucker in your league, you will not get fair value for him. Your best bet is to hold on and hope to catch a hot streak at some point.

Just pulled the trigger and shipped him for Colston and Sidney Rice. How'd I do?

Just pulled the trigger and shipped him for Colston and Sidney Rice. How'd I do?

got raped......but at least you don't have to worry about him anymore. Peace of mind is priceless.

This a dynasty? If not I can't believe this was allowed

On the surface of it I'd say you got good value and you can use the help at WR. However, it leaves you dangerously thin at RB and relying on probably Felix Jones (ugh) until Murray returns.

got raped......but at least you don't have to worry about him anymore. Peace of mind is priceless.

Thanks for responding. Yeah I realize I sold a little low but like others previously noted, his value is jack ###### right now.

This dude is loaded at WR so had no interest in any package deals. Now I don't hafta deal with Steve Smith's BS every week, either. Colston has 6 TDs in his last 5 games. Rice has 5 in his last 5. Mathews? ONE. I would've won 3 weeks if he would've put together a halfway decent game. So yeah, bring on the rape (I guess?).

Ronnie Brown has more value... Just sayin

But seriously, I bought him cheap last year & got great value. This year, his lofty draft status & broken clavicle scared me off from drafting him.

Next year, after Norv is hopefully fired, he's gonna be a great buy low/draft value due to his down year in 2012.

No.

Well i just traded Harvin and Stewart for Mathews and Bowe :unsure: Im 10-10 and in the 8th and final playoff spot. One of games this week is vs the 9th place team who is 2 games behind me but holds the tie breaker so i need to win, if i win ill have tie breaker. If lose then im in big trouble.

This a dynasty? If not I can't believe this was allowed

It is a dynasty, and we still considered vetoing it :dunno:

There's absolutely no point in moving Mathews right now considering his easy schedule after Denver. Stick with him. His 6-8 points per week is going to turn into 10-12 points per week. Bal, Cin, Car, @NYJ are all pretty good match-ups for him. Have faith. He is never going to be what you thought, but you will get solid RB2 numbers from him soon enough.

There's absolutely no point in moving Mathews right now considering his easy schedule after Denver. Stick with him. His 6-8 points per week is going to turn into 10-12 points per week. Bal, Cin, Car, @NYJ are all pretty good match-ups for him. Have faith. He is never going to be what you thought, but you will get solid RB2 numbers from him soon enough.

That is what i am hoping for :headbanger: Hopefully he does not fumble his way to bench though :huh:

Damn MJD getting hurt screwed me or could be my QB is Romo?

:lol:

tis true!! :overhead: :banana:

and ©MedColts was born. edjr 2012

Well i just traded Harvin and Stewart for Mathews and Bowe :unsure:

Are you freakin kidding me :wall:

Ryan Mathews misses practice with neck issue

Updating an earlier item, Ryan Mathews missed Wednesday's pracitce with a neck injury.

According to coach Norv Turner, Mathews was "pretty stiff" after taking a shot from Bucs LB Quincy Black in Sunday's loss. The helmet-to-helmet shot ended up knocking Black out for the season. The good news is, Mathews stayed in the game, and should be good to go for Week 11 even if he's limited the rest of the week. Owners should be sure to follow his status, but we expect Mathews to start against the Broncos.

Source: Michael Gehlken on Twitter

Nov 14 - 6:34 PM

I amso over Mathews on my fantasy team - his role will have to drastically change in order to be valuable. He is taken out on 3rd down and nearly all obvious passing and short yardage situations, which is so frustrating because he is clearly their best option.

I traded Mathews and Welker for Trent Richardson and Maclin. I have Harvin, Jordy nelson, Nicks, Titus Young, Malcom floyd and now Maclin in a start 3 wr league, so hopefully losing welker doesn't hurt bad.

Ryan Mathews returns to Chargers practice

Ryan Mathews (neck) returned to Friday's practice after missing Wednesday and Thursday's sessions.

Mathews missed the two sessions with neck "stiffness." Coach Norv Turner suggested Mathews missing so much install time might affect his snaps against Denver, but we shall see. Mathews' role actually increased a bit in Week 10 against the Bucs. He received four of the five red-zone carries in San Diego's backfield, and also stayed in during the two-minute drill, instead of Ronnie Brown.

Source: Michael Gehlken on Twitter

Nov 16 - 2:47 PM

:banana:

Hi guys, I am looking to move Ryan Mathews. Can anyone who has successfully traded him in the last week or so chime in on who you received for him?

I would like to know what kind of WR or RB I can expect to get for him. Thanks.

4 heavily used Kumho tires.

Just traded him for victor Cruz. Guy was worried cause of Cruz's performance the past couple of weeks.

Well i just traded Harvin and Stewart for Mathews and Bowe. Im 10-10 and in the 8th and final playoff spot. One of games this week is vs the 9th place team who is 2 games behind me but holds the tie breaker so i need to win, if i win ill have tie breaker. If lose then im in big trouble.

Bowe got knocked out of game and i played him over Malcom Floyd :cry: :cry: :cry:

I need about 247 yards and 8 TDs from you Mathews