Sign in to follow this  
Gratefulegg1973

Players you'll never draft again

I hate saying 'never', cause a guy like Ryan Matthews would be great value in the 12th rd. But since that's unlikely to happen, here are some scrubs that will never be seen on my rosters again:

Eli Manning. My vote for bust of the year. He was a top 6 or 7 QB coming into the year. He was 4th in QB scoring in my league last year. To say he's been hideous this year is an understatment. Last year threw for almost 5000yds and 29 TDs (including many long TDs). This year; 3700yds and 21 TDs (ranked 15 in my league). Plus, he's ugly as sin. I'll never take him again.

Mike Wallace. I have him in a keeper league, and I may be forced to keeping him. However, I'll never draft him again unless he gets signed by GB or NE. The only consistent thing about this pud is consistently sucking.

Deangelo Williams. I thought I was so cool on draft day. My one draft was the same time as the last Carolina preseason game. 3 picks before mine, Stewart was carted off the field. I thought i struck gold. Stewart could have died on the field that night and Williams would still blow.

'When you think of garbage, think of' Hakeem Nicks. I didn't take him this year, although almost acquired him in a trade. Thank God the other owner is dumber than me and refused it. What a slow, injury-prone focking piece of garbage.

Nicks... Besides his lack of production, I was very high on him on draft day... spending more on him than any other player ($35/200)

Never again.

I will be targeting eli, nicks and cruz next year because the talent is there and chances are they'll have a nice rebound and be good values.

I will be targeting eli, nicks and cruz next year because the talent is there and chances are they'll have a nice rebound and be good values.

I'll target Eli as a 3rd QB if I decide to draft one, cause i know there are 20 QBs that that are putting up better numbers than him now.

I drafted Cruz in the 3rd rd and was ecstatic about it. I didn't know I was getting a poor man's Danny Amendola. Yeah, he may be on my list too.

Seems he disappears more often than not

D.Murray

E.Decker

Nicks

Flacco

Torrey Smith

Fred Jackson

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but what were your expectations for Decker this season?

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but what were your expectations for Decker this season?

He probably shouldn't be listed on my DND list but i was pissed off all season long i chose him over D.Thomas. So, i eventually started to hate the guy in FF.

He probably shouldn't be listed on my DND list but i was pissed off all season long i chose him over D.Thomas. So, i eventually started to hate the guy in FF.

Maybe you should blame yourself for making a poor decision. Be careful buying into the hype next year. I hate to stereotype, but as a general rule speedy black guy = WR1, Not quite as speedy white guy = WR2

will not be drafting these in the top 4 rounds.

Eli... lets face it, whatever magic he had is gone.

Mcfadden - worthless as long he plays for Oak

There's sumthin wrong with Eli. I lied to myself and pretended I didn't see it. I should have traded Cruz when I could. I can't figure out WRs. Every year I feel like I have a good QB, good RBs ... and WRs are a total roll of the dice. Top guys like Mike Wallace, Victor Cruz ... even Calvin some weeks this year ... just ... nuthin.

Dez Bryant ... needs to be in that upper echelon level WR territory, after this year. For sure. Hate that fact, but it's true. I try every year to draft some top, undisputed WRs (like Greg Jennings this year) and every year, like a couple years ago, with my first round pick I took Randy Moss, WR Patriots. I won that year, but pretty much my first round bust, waste of a pick ... still won, but it was pretty stressful trying to build a WR corps from nothing.

Every year, I can't figure out WRs. Case in point, the WRs I started today netted me 1 point. The WRs on my bench netted 22. Made the difference in my championship, cost me $1100. If I start DX over Cruz, or Jennings over Amendola, I win.

Amendola, never again.

Maybe you should blame yourself for making a poor decision. Be careful buying into the hype next year. I hate to stereotype, but as a general rule speedy black guy = WR1, Not quite as speedy white guy = WR2

I blame myself but blame decker more. :-)

Yes I'm done with the Decker types at WR.

You dudes crack me up about Eli. A lot of the hype he came in the season with was due to his nice run in the playoffs last year.

Dude has a tendency to put together a string of bad games, and by the time he gets it together, your fantasy season is toast. So yes, he is a shaky QB1 in my opinion.

I blame myself but blame decker more. :-)

Yes I'm done with the Decker types at WR.

Decker did better this season than I expected, not sure how you can blame him more. Seems like your expectations may have been too high! FWIW, I'm a Bronco homer, and I didn't have Decker this season because his ADP was way too high. You weren't the only one who bought the hype.

Vernon David, Antonio Gates or any TE not named Gronk/Graham (early anyway). Mathew and McFadden, the fragile twins.

I had Nicks on my DND list this year. (before he was hurt) He is just too inconsistent.

I won't draft a TE early, I'll tell you that. Gronk in 3rd is earliest I can justify.

No QBs early....NONE I don't care....no QB

No RBs on sucky teams just cause they get all the carries (ie Beanie, Greene, etc)

Mathews and Cruz - ugg.

Graham too - not that he was terrible, and stats may even show him as the #1 TE at the end of the season, but there is not enough consistency there for a high round pick.

I had most of these fools on my team this year and somehow I made it to the final only to be let down yet again.

Cj1k

DMC

Nicks

J Nelson

gates

All worthless and injury prone.

I don't really have a DND list but there are players that will probably have to really fall from their ADP next year for me to consider. In my 12 team leagues I wouldn't draft CJ2K, DMC, and Cryin' Ryan until the 4th round.

A guy that has not been mentioned that I would like to add to the conversation is RG3. He was a fantastic late add this year and help lead my team into the championship game but I won't draft him where he will be taken next year. He is a better QB than Vick but he reminds me of him in the way that he is too small to take all the hits that he takes. The odds are that RG3 will miss time here and there with injuries or play nicked up and limited. I can't take a guy that has such a high level of injury risk in the first or very early 2nd round.

I liked Decker's upside this year but not quite as much as Thomas. Thomas is the big home run hitter and can be a little more inconsistent while Decker doesn't have the big upside but is more consistent.

I don't really have a DND list but there are players that will probably have to really fall from their ADP next year for me to consider. In my 12 team leagues I wouldn't draft CJ2K, DMC, and Cryin' Ryan until the 4th round.

A guy that has not been mentioned that I would like to add to the conversation is RG3. He was a fantastic late add this year and help lead my team into the championship game but I won't draft him where he will be taken next year. He is a better QB than Vick but he reminds me of him in the way that he is too small to take all the hits that he takes. The odds are that RG3 will miss time here and there with injuries or play nicked up and limited. I can't take a guy that has such a high level of injury risk in the first or very early 2nd round.

That is a very good point regarding RG3. He was great value this year but next year I won't pay te high price to get him.

Just 1 guy I have on that list for now. Oakland's Darren McFragile.

Most of my team this season:

McCoy, Bradshaw, SJax, White, Colston, Hernandez

Redraftables:

Rodgers, Rudolph

Anyone in a Chargers uniform, any Bears player not named Brandon Marshall..(not that I did...but I live in Chicago and see that disaster weekly), any Patriots RB (drafted Ridley..too hit/miss), or any RB from the AFC East for that matter. Any WR from the NFC West.

No contest. McFadden. Two years in a row. Done.

Interesting about Decker. Coming out of camp and throughout pre-season it was he and not Thomas that had clicked with Manning.

Just my two pennies