Sign in to follow this  
tikigods

Official 2016 Montreal Canadiens Thread

You know you want to root for them. :thumbsup:

Yes i do, i hope they can make the playoffs, and lose to boston. Doubt it though :(

Yes i do, i hope they can make the playoffs, and lose to boston. Doubt it though :(

We're in rebuilding mode. Bad contracts and bad trades have crippled the Habs. The lockout was the best thing that could have happened. The amnesty cuts will help so we can shed ourselves of the Gomez and Bourque/Kaberle contracts. This Galchenyuk kid is the real deal, tho. Not quite Tyler Sequin but pretty decent draft pick.

We're in rebuilding mode. Bad contracts and bad trades have crippled the Habs. The lockout was the best thing that could have happened. The amnesty cuts will help so we can shed ourselves of the Gomez and Bourque/Kaberle contracts. This Galchenyuk kid is the real deal, tho. Not quite Tyler Sequin but pretty decent draft pick.

they should rename them the eagles

they should rename them the eagles

No. The NHL already has their version of the Eagles. They're called the Maple Leafs.

Go-Hom-Ez

Scott Gomez’s days as a Canadien are over.

General manager Marc Bergevin announced Sunday that Gomez was being sent home and would be bought out in the summer.

“We felt this was the best decision for the good of the team,” Bergevin said. He said the Canadiens need the clear out cap space going forward and the deal will remove Gomez’s $7.357 million from the books for the 2013-14 season. The Canadiens will have to pay Gomez $5.5 million not to play this season and then will pay him two-thirds of the $4.5 million he’s scheduled to make next season.

Bergevin said the Canadiens couldn’t afford to have Gomez hurt because the new collective bargaining agreement doesn’t allow teams to buy out injured players.

Bergevin said the decision on Gomez was made after he saw the final draft of the CBA at 11 p.m. Saturday and he met with Gomez at 7:30 a.m. Sunday. Bergevin said Gomez was “professional” when he was given the news.

Read more: http://www.montrealgazette.com/Gomez+will+watch+short+season+from+home/7813172/story.html#ixzz2HsJbCZAO

:overhead: Don't let the door hit you in the ass, Gomez.

Bergevin said Gomez was “professional” when he was given the news.

Why wouldn't he be...he's getting $8.5 million not sit out the rest of the year.

Why wouldn't he be...he's getting $8.5 million not sit out the rest of the year.

5.5 this year. 4.5 next. I still can't believe we actually traded for this contract. :doh:

I have a bad feeling my Sabres are really gonna struggle this year :(

Join the club. Good news is that I just got tickets to opening night against the Leafs. Bad news is PK probably won't play as he holds out for a new contract. :thumbsdown:

Go-Hom-Ez

:overhead: Don't let the door hit you in the ass, Gomez.

That news made my day. Finally rid of this underperforming moron. I really hope they let Galchenyuk finish the year in Sarnia though and not rush him. I know he's dominating in the OHL but that is good for a young player.

Join the club. Good news is that I just got tickets to opening night against the Leafs. Bad news is PK probably won't play as he holds out for a new contract. :thumbsdown:

Hope you got the tickets on the cheap. I won't spend a dime on the NHL this year :nono:

Hope you got the tickets on the cheap. I won't spend a dime on the NHL this year :nono:

I always get the family section when I take my kids. The Habs put on a good show for kids. When I go with my buddies, we usually sit in the red or blue seats. The blue seats are usually littered with fans of the away team, which always makes for a good time after loading up at McLean's Pub pregame. :cheers:

That news made my day. Finally rid of this underperforming moron. I really hope they let Galchenyuk finish the year in Sarnia though and not rush him. I know he's dominating in the OHL but that is good for a young player.

I have a feeling Galchenyuk starts the season in Montreal. Pleks is hurt so he'll get a nice cup of coffee with the big club. My feeling is that he probably won't go back to Sarnia...I bet he ends up in Hamilton.

No. The NHL already has their version of the Eagles. They're called the Maple Leafs.

Care to wager who finishes the season with more points, leafs vs habs :dunno:

I have a feeling Galchenyuk starts the season in Montreal. Pleks is hurt so he'll get a nice cup of coffee with the big club. My feeling is that he probably won't go back to Sarnia...I bet he ends up in Hamilton.

Don't know that he can go back to Hamilton. I think if he goes over 5-6 games with the Habs he has to stay up because of his age. If he stays in Sarnia this year, next year he could go to Habs/Hamilton.

Care to wager who finishes the season with more points, leafs vs habs :dunno:

Name your bet.

Don't know that he can go back to Hamilton. I think if he goes over 5-6 games with the Habs he has to stay up because of his age. If he stays in Sarnia this year, next year he could go to Habs/Hamilton.

Looks like Gomez will be bought out earlier than this summer. Hopefully we can get rid of that useless focker Bourque.

Looks like Gomez will be bought out earlier than this summer. Hopefully we can get rid of that useless focker Bourque.

I wanna see what Bourque can do first. If he plays better, he might actually be tradable. I think the team will see what they have in Bourque and Kaberle and then decide on one or the other as the 2nd buyout. Maybe they'll be able to trade Bourque and buyout Kaberle for the ultimate reset.

Name your bet.

I open to whatever you like? I'll do $20 canadian (worth about $22 USA and looks pretty cool) or maybe winner picks the loosers Icon for the playoffs?

winner picks the loosers Icon for the playoffs?

Deal.

I wanna see what Bourque can do first. If he plays better, he might actually be tradable. I think the team will see what they have in Bourque and Kaberle and then decide on one or the other as the 2nd buyout. Maybe they'll be able to trade Bourque and buyout Kaberle for the ultimate reset.

No one will take Bourque. He is a quitter...even worse than edjr. I'm still befuddled by the trade last season. Cammy must have really pissed off someone in the front office. Personally, I like Kaberle and really helped out the penalty kill last year but the dude is way old. I miss Wiz. Losing he and Halpern really hurt last season. Those two guys brought a lot to that team after the Markov injury.

Get ready to fly your maple leafs blue come April!

Jesus...you're a LEAF fan??? I thought you were a bandwagon Bruins fan like edjr. :doh:

After the first period 1-0 Maple Leafs. Parking lot having some beers. I heart the Bell Centre. :pointstosky:

We suc but i'm drunk. focking ten dollaras per beer inside. i love tha tthey let us out to drink in the parking lot. dude issmokingweed next to me. Canada rules. :cheers:

We suc but i'm drunk. focking ten dollaras per beer inside. i love tha tthey let us out to drink in the parking lot. dude issmokingweed next to me. Canada rules. :cheers:

I just got back too. What an ugly display of hockey. If I had paid for my seats I would be royally pissed off.

Oh and beers were 11 bucks.

I just got back too. What an ugly display of hockey. If I had paid for my seats I would be royally pissed off.

Oh and beers were 11 bucks.

Yep. Disgusting hockey. Offensively they looked 100 times worse than last year. Galchenyuk has potential. My head hurts.

Bruins owner Jeremy Jacobs starts off the NHL season taking a shot at the NHLPA.

what a dbag.

Bruins beat the Rangers 3-1. :headbanger:

Good. Too bad the ice didn't open up and swallow them into a black hole.

I hate to say it but the habs are gonna suck real hard this year,

Gachulnyuk looks good though

Go Sens Go!!

I hate to say it but the habs are gonna suck real hard this year,

Gachulnyuk looks good though

Go Sens Go!!

And I hate to hear it but I'm afraid you might be right.

There is just zero offensive ability on this team. It's going to be painful to watch.

Jesus...you're a LEAF fan??? I thought you were a bandwagon Bruins fan like edjr. :doh:

born and raised in Toronto Tiki! its in my blood :wall: