Sign in to follow this  
swirvenirvin

NCAA Tournament Pick'em

http://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com/t1/register/joinprivategroup_assign_team?GID=61412&P=gfiafp

On yahoo

Group ID: 61412

PW: gfiafp

Scoring Settings

Round Correct Pick Seed Difference Multiplier

Round of 64 1 point 1

Round of 32 2 points 1

Reg. Semis 4 points 1

Reg. Finals 7 points 1

Semifinals 14 points 1

Championship 24 points 1

Maximum Possible 176 points --

There's some sort of error, I can't enter my picks.

In

There's some sort of error, I can't enter my picks.

Teams are not picked until tonight

In

Teams are not picked until tonight

D@mn! You quoted me before I could delete that. :wall:

After I quoted you, I thought that statement was a plant to go along with your team name.

After I quoted you, I thought that statement was a plant to go along with your team name.

The team name is because I haven't watched a college basketball game since these freshmen were 6 years old. This is my first bracket to be filled out since then. My whole strategy is to mostly follow the numbers and sprinkle in a few upsets for midwesternern teams when they get matched up against schools from all the other regions of the country since they can all can kiss my ass.

Not much of an incentive, some old used t-shirt.

It's a fftoday t-shirt, and trust me he will eventually pay up. Just look at my sig below, he said he would

The team name is because I haven't watched a college basketball game since these freshmen were 6 years old. This is my first bracket to be filled out since then. My whole strategy is to mostly follow the numbers and sprinkle in a few upsets for midwesternern teams when they get matched up against schools from all the other regions of the country since they can all can kiss my ass.

Isn't that what EVERYONE does? :dunno:

Just sayin`

Can somebody help me out here, finding this info online is making my head explode. I've found the host cities for the round 2/3 games, but I don't know which region and which matchups in those regions play at which places. Can somebody tell me.

Because I read the local news, I know Michigan State plays in Auburn Hills which is essentially a home game for them. If other teams are in a situation like that, it'll factor into my decision. Thanks.

Auburn Hills, Mich. Midwest MSU-Valpo and Memphis-MTSU/SMC

Lexington, Ky.

Salt Lake City

San Jose, Calif.

Austin, Texas

Dayton, Ohio

Kansas City, Mo.

Philadelphia

-----

East Regional - Washington, D.C.

West Regional - Los Angeles, CA

South Regional Austin, TX

Midwest Regional - Indianapolis

------

Final Four - Atlanta

This is a bit busy, but should help.....

Can somebody help me out here, finding this info online is making my head explode. I've found the host cities for the round 2/3 games, but I don't know which region and which matchups in those regions play at which places. Can somebody tell me.

Because I read the local news, I know Michigan State plays in Auburn Hills which is essentially a home game for them. If other teams are in a situation like that, it'll factor into my decision. Thanks.

Auburn Hills, Mich. - (Thurs-Midwest) MSU-Valpo and Memphis-MTSU/SMC (Thurs-South)VCU/Akron & Michigan/S.Dak St.

Lexington, Ky. - (Thurs-Midwest) L'ville/16 seed & Col St/Missouri (Thurs-East) Butler/Bucknell & Marquette/Davidson

Salt Lake City - (Thurs-West) Gonzaga/Southern U & Pitt/Wichita St. (Thurs-West) Arizona/Belmont & New Mex/Harvard

San Jose, Calif. - (Thurs-Midwest) Okla St/Oregon $ St. Louis/New Mex St. (Thurs - East) UNLV/California & Syracuse/Montana

Austin, Texas - (Fri-South) UCLA/Minnesota & Flordia/N'western St (Fri - East) Illinois/Colorado & Miami(Fla)/Pacific

Dayton, Ohio - (Fri-West) Ohio St/Iona & Notre Dame/Iowa St (Fri-East) Indiana/16 seed & NC State/Temple

Kansas City, Mo. - (Fri-South) Kansas/Western KY & N.Carolina/Villanova (Fri-West) Wisconsin/Ole Miss & Kansas St/ 13 seed

Philadelphia - (Fri-Midwest) Duke/Albany * Creighton/Cincinatti (Fri-South) Georgetown/FGCU & San Diego St/Oklahoma

-----

East Regional - Washington, D.C.

West Regional - Los Angeles, CA

South Regional Austin, TX

Midwest Regional - Indianapolis

------

Final Four - Atlanta

This is a bit busy, but should help.....

Thanks, it does.

No wonder I was confused, I was reading that both Michigan and MSU had potential games at Auburn Hills and I wondered how that was possible. I don't remember them shuffling around like this. It use to be a host site would get four teams to show up, play two games then take the winners of those and play another. Three games altogether, one of your four teams would win twice and advance.

What's the bonus point stuff?

I assume you get bonus points for upsets. I picked Oregon over OKST....a 12 over a 5 and have received 7 bonus points. You don't have any because you didn't pick any upsets. :dunno:

I assume you get bonus points for upsets. I picked Oregon over OKST....a 12 over a 5 and have received 7 bonus points. You don't have any because you didn't pick any upsets. :dunno:

Got it. :cheers:

No offense to you- I realize that you didn't write/set the rules and you're just as surprised as everybody else by these bonus points- but that's bullsh*t.

The scoring is outlined at the top of this thread and it makes no mention of bonus points. Further, the bonus points are so insanely skewed.

No offense to you- I realize that you didn't write/set the rules and you're just as surprised as everybody else by these bonus points- but that's bullsh*t.

The scoring is outlined at the top of this thread and it makes no mention of bonus points. Further, the bonus points are so insanely skewed.

:thumbsup:

I went back over my bracket and found a sneaky way to get a lot more points based on the bonus point thing.

:thumbsup:

I went back over my bracket and found a sneaky way to get a lot more points based on the bonus point thing.

So did I, find everybody that you pick to lose in the round of 32 and go back to the round of 64 and pick all underdogs. Unfortunatly, the only way to learn that was an option was after the first games were played, the bonus points were being tabulated, and it was too late to change your picks.

Well......At least my final four is still in tact! Does anyone remember this many upsets in past years? I sure don't!

So did I, find everybody that you pick to lose in the round of 32 and go back to the round of 64 and pick all underdogs. Unfortunatly, the only way to learn that was an option was after the first games were played, the bonus points were being tabulated, and it was too late to change your picks.

Shhhhhh. :doh:

Holy crap! Would you look at that...Sittin' on top of the leader board! :headbanger:

Where do you find what each of our point totals can be?

1st place right now - but basically depends on if Syracuse wins it all. I do think I was the only person person to call 2 Elite 8's perfect -- Mich - Flr. and Marq. - Syr.