Sign in to follow this  
6-year-old killed by car backing over them in driveway...

http://www.ktnv.com/news/local/201145331.html

Las Vegas, NV (KTNV) -- A 6-year-old girl is dead after a tragic accident in a southwest Las Vegas neighborhood Tuesday afternoon.

Police said an adult was leaving their home on West Torino, near Blue Diamond and Durango, at about 3 p.m. when the girl tried to get his attention.

She grabbed a door handle of the truck and was trapped and dragged as the adult backed out of the driveway.

The girl was rushed to University Medical Center where she was pronounced dead.

Police said the death was completely accidental.

The girl's identity has not been released.

Action News will update this story as new information becomes available.

Had a situation nearby last year where a 10 year old girl was sunning herself in her driveway and the mother came home and did not see her, ran her over and killed her. Messed up.

As long as Posty has a login no child will die and not be posted about.

:(

We got a bunch of small kids who play in the streets in our neighborhood. It's local traffic only and there's almost always an adult watching out for them, so it's not as bad as it might sound. Still my biggest fear is accidentally running one of them over someday. I am paranoid as fock every time I go in and out of the driveway for that reason.

had a situation like this when i was young.ran over the kids windpipe and he was dying right in front of his dads eyes. The dad..who was your avg joe...pulled out a pen and did a tracheotimy right then and there. saved the kids life from something he had seen on tv.

We got a bunch of small kids who play in the streets in our neighborhood. It's local traffic only and there's almost always an adult watching out for them, so it's not as bad as it might sound. Still my biggest fear is accidentally running one of them over someday. I am paranoid as fock every time I go in and out of the driveway for that reason.

Near my old house 2 kids were playing with a skateboard down there driveway and got hit by a pick-up truck and then died shortly after. The driver who was going 27 in a 25 got sued and lost everything -- yet the parents of the kids who were inside watching TV (not watching their kids 4 and 6) got the money from it. The driver couldn't of possibly seen the kids before it was too late. Make damn sure you drive at or below the speed limit if you are in a subdivision with kids playing around.

had a situation like this when i was young.ran over the kids windpipe and he was dying right in front of his dads eyes. The dad..who was your avg joe...pulled out a pen and did a tracheotimy right then and there. saved the kids life from something he had seen on tv.

I believe they did that twice on MASH.

Near my old house 2 kids were playing with a skateboard down there driveway and got hit by a pick-up truck and then died shortly after. The driver who was going 27 in a 25 got sued and lost everything -- yet the parents of the kids who were inside watching TV (not watching their kids 4 and 6) got the money from it. The driver couldn't of possibly seen the kids before it was too late. Make damn sure you drive at or below the speed limit if you are in a subdivision with kids playing around.

Oh I do, but more because I don't want that on my conscious than for fear of a lawsuit.

Oh I do, but more because I don't want that on my conscious than for fear of a lawsuit.

When we lived there and my kids were younger there was this one person that drove like 40 in the 20MPH it was in our subdivision. So my neighbor and I went to the police station and had a cop just sit there 5 days in a row when this guy came home from work........... he was ticketed all 5 days. :) slowed him down some after that- as he lost his license for 6 months.

When we lived there and my kids were younger there was this one person that drove like 40 in the 20MPH it was in our subdivision. So my neighbor and I went to the police station and had a cop just sit there 5 days in a row when this guy came home from work........... he was ticketed all 5 days. :) slowed him down some after that- as he lost his license for 6 months.

:thumbsup:

I fockin hate aholes who barrel through residential areas. Don't get me wrong, I speed all the fockin time on highways and major avenues, but if you're driving through some quiet residential street with pets and kids and pedestrians about, slow the eff down.

This happend really close to my house. Between this, the story about the woman who tied her 4 year old to a bed, someone killing a family of 5 outside of town and another kid driving a car through a restaurant the local news has been unbearable.

I know what you mean about being fearful of running over some kid. I use to deliver pizzas back in the day and refused to deliver on Halloween because of it.

I know what you mean about being fearful of running over some kid. I use to deliver pizzas back in the day and refused to deliver on Halloween because of it.

Don't be ashamed - work is work :thumbsup: now hurry the fock up with my pizza :mad:

Don't be ashamed - work is work :thumbsup: now hurry the fock up with my pizza :mad:

:doublethumbsup:

Was not ashamed. Good easy money. I done it a few times from the time I was 19 till I was in my early 30s. You could work part time in the evenings and make decent money.

Had a guy in his 30s come work for me once to deliver pizzas and he said he only need the job long enough to save up 15K to get a Harley. He worked for the city of Chandler and made good money already. I hired him and in about a 2 and a half years he bought the Harley with cash and quit.

Could easily walk out with 100 bucks a night in tips and gas money, and that was not counting your hourly wage. I knew a couple of guys that would put in 40 hours a week at a regular job and then deliver pizzas at night part time for another 30+ hours a week.

I'm more shocked these stories don't happen more often. I believe 50% of the public are atrocious drivers. Aside from all the other bad driving habits, the most dangerous thing is they drive wayyy too fast - particularly in parking lots and residential neighborhoods. They drive like nothing unexpected will ever happen to them.

A lot of my friends drive like crap and when I ask them "what if a kid came running out from behind that parked car?" They always say "it'd be their fault because there's nothing I could do..." :rolleyes:

In this situation, it's still probably the sh*ty driver's fault. He wasn't paying enough attention.