Sign in to follow this  
hoytdwow

Brewers Homers

Is Jean Segura the real deal? I lost Jose Reyes to a 3-month injury and am wondering if this whiz kid can fill in. He's playing well now, but seems like he could disappear at any moment.

Any other suggestions for mid/long-term SS filler? :mad:

Is Jean Segura the real deal? I lost Jose Reyes to a 3-month injury and am wondering if this whiz kid can fill in. He's playing well now, but seems like he could disappear at any moment.

Any other suggestions for mid/long-term SS filler? :mad:

Who is available?

Who is available?

Not much

Peralta

Alexei Ramirez (I'm leaning toward him)

many scrubs and young players I've never heard of

I'm no Brewers homer, but I do follow the NL pretty closely, and I think he is the real deal. I was unable to get him on my team, but certainly had him targeted. I would go with him over what is probably pretty slim pickens on the waiver wire.

He's real in the sense that he's not going to be "all that bad." The speed is real, and he's a good contact hitter. May even have 10 HR pop in his bat. I wouldn't expect any kind of absurdly high avg, though. He's currently got like a .500 BABIP, which is just silly.

If you expect .280/7/20 with no chance at RBI's and so-so runs, you probably won't be disappointed...although you might be since he doesn't appear to be stealing this year. :unsure:

I guess I'll roll with the kid for awhile and see how he does. Besides Reyes I'm carrying Aramis on the DL, so I don't really have the space to pick up Alexei :mad: