Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

**Round One Commentary**

Once again Roosevelt Potts is going unnoticed in all the mocks I've viewed. I will be looking for him!

No player talk :nono:

First pick of the draft gets blurrier and blurrier every season.

I guess you are pretty familair with the first pick each year ^_^

1.01 RB Marion Butts, NEP

ICEMAN

First pick of the draft gets blurrier and blurrier every season.

Is this at all due to one's aging process??

this is the discussion thread. please post your picks in the proper place. TIA

this is the discussion thread. please post your picks in the proper place. TIA

The defending champion has spoken...

The defending champion has spoken...

dont want to see RC lose out on Ben Dover for simply posting him in the wrong spot...

Since it takes me almost 2 hours to get to work in the morning, I have decided to post my selection early. I am sure that this selection will cause some great debate amongst all of you and throw the entire draft off kilter, but it had to be done. As always, I blaze my own trail, unencumbered by conventional thought and the influence of "experts" in fantasy football. Digest this pick and adjust your value charts as you see appropriate.

ICEMAN

Since it takes me almost 2 hours to get to work in the morning, I have decided to post my selection early. I am sure that this selection will cause some great debate amongst all of you and throw the entire draft off kilter, but it had to be done. As always, I blaze my own trail, unencumbered by conventional thought and the influence of "experts" in fantasy football. Digest this pick and adjust your value charts as you see appropriate.

ICEMAN

I don't quite remember a year where the separation was this large between the #1 overall and the rest of the draft.

I don't quite remember a year where the separation was this large between the #1 overall and the rest of the draft.

Yeah, he's my #1. This was a standard issue pick imo, nothing to see here.

But thanks for being considerate ICE and starting us off early.

Also, Marshall Faulk in his prime was by far the biggest separation of 1 v. the rest IMO. As I remeber he's the reason drafts went to serpentine back then.

I can remember 1992-1995 when you could just pencil-in Emmitt Smith. There was an enormous gap from his value to the #2 pick. It wasn't even close.

ICEMAN

as much as i like AD and he's the ultimate gamer folks......will his " 20 year old knee ".... as DR Andrews described it after operating hold up after many years of pounding.....he ran with a hitch last year to me...... but the holes were big......he doesnt have much around him in qb...skill players.... and the one that got away will allow defenses to basically completely game plan around him.....i dont believe there is as much of a gap as perceived

good luck folks...........

I think AP is still the top target, but this will be his last year in that role. I am still speculating as to who exactly will assume owernship of the top spot, so far I have a group, and perhaps only as the season winds down will the new top guy emerge.

Statistically its just tough to assert at this time and I feel as though at 3 sigma, I am way outside of anything I can trust.

Dan wasting no time creating an opportunity for discussion.

I have not seen Charles taken before 1.05 in any drafts I have participated in thus far, would love to hear about your decision making process on this one.

:Mr-T:

Dan wasting no time creating an opportunity for discussion.

I have not seen Charles taken before 1.05 in any drafts I have participated in thus far, would love to hear about your decision making process on this one.

:Mr-T:

I was pleased, as I thought there was a 50/50 chance that my guy (Martin) would go there.

I was pleased, as I thought there was a 50/50 chance that my guy (Martin) would go there.

That was Martin's spot for sure, but if Dan has the feeling that Charles is going to take the next step, I would suggest the pick could be very sage. I am suer you were delighted to have Martin at #3.

I love that this mock doesn't just follow script. The selection of Charles really makes these next few picks interesting. I am pretty surprised that a certain player is still on the board. Will be interesting to see if remote scoops him up or throws us another curve...

I love that this mock doesn't just follow script. The selection of Charles really makes these next few picks interesting. I am pretty surprised that a certain player is still on the board. Will be interesting to see if remote scoops him up or throws us another curve...

:doublethumbsup:

I don't agree that it was Martin's spot. As someone else said, Peterson creates a clear #1, and a lot of decision-making afterward. I frankly would have preferred to pick #4 or #5, given the selections available.

Rationale: There are 3 players that I considered here (well, 5, but I quickly dismissed two . . . and two that people would chastise me over). Neither of the other two have been selected yet, so I'm limited in my commentary. But Martin is a sophomore on a maybe offense, and while he should be good, so should a few of the others at this spot. For me, the first round has to be about having someone solid. There is a question mark with a lot of these guys. The other two that I considered . . . not so much, but Charles was a preference.

Incidentally, Charles was #3 in several mocks that I looked at. My #2 certainly pushes the envelope a little, but the guy that was in front of him in those mocks has still not been taken.

I'll share more as we go, but I was sorely tempted to reeeeeeeeeeeaaaaallly throw this draft a little off-kilter.

I don't agree that it was Martin's spot. As someone else said, Peterson creates a clear #1, and a lot of decision-making afterward. I frankly would have preferred to pick #4 or #5, given the selections available.

Rationale: There are 3 players that I considered here (well, 5, but I quickly dismissed two . . . and two that people would chastise me over). Neither of the other two have been selected yet, so I'm limited in my commentary. But Martin is a sophomore on a maybe offense, and while he should be good, so should a few of the others at this spot. For me, the first round has to be about having someone solid. There is a question mark with a lot of these guys. The other two that I considered . . . not so much, but Charles was a preference.

Incidentally, Charles was #3 in several mocks that I looked at. My #2 certainly pushes the envelope a little, but the guy that was in front of him in those mocks has still not been taken.

I'll share more as we go, but I was sorely tempted to reeeeeeeeeeeaaaaallly throw this draft a little off-kilter.

Good stuff, reasonable explanation. :thumbsup:

Headed out for a couple hours, sent my picks via PM to Fumble.

Received.

Anybody heard from remote?

Received.

Anybody heard from remote?

I'll give him a call in a few if he hasn't picked

RC gets Foster at 1.04.....sweet jesus.... :doh:

RC gets Foster at 1.04.....sweet jesus.... :doh:

Had Martin gone at 2, I would have been torn. Dude has racked up a ton of touches over the past few years.

Had Martin gone at 2, I would have been torn. Dude has racked up a ton of touches over the past few years.

I think he likely has one last year leading the league before the fall off, my main concern for him will be if he can finsih the season and then secondly if he finishes the season in a productive enough level to enable me to win those championship games in the later NFL games.

If you have this guy, and see nagging injuries piling up, missed play time etc, once you have a chance to trade him later in the season I would do it.