Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

MFL Integration – Importing Draft Results into Draft Buddy

MM has done a nice

on how to import draft results into Draft Buddy from your MFL league but I’ll quickly run through the highlights.
  1. Works on 2013 MFL leagues only.
  2. Make sure you setup your league rules (rules tab) especially the “number of draft rounds” option BEFORE you try to import draft results from your MFL league.
  3. While not mandatory, I would also go ahead and setup the “owners” tab and compile the cheatsheets (action tab) before you import the draft results.
  4. Go Top “Options” tab, scroll down and input your MFL league ID in the yellow box.
  5. Go to “draft report” tab and click the “Refresh live draft results using MFL integration” button.
  6. Voila!

This is a great feature for slow drafts but can be used for live drafts as well and makes updating draft results very easy for MFL leagues.

Let us know if you have any questions or issues with this feature.

Just made a change to this as I started drafting a keeper league this morning on MFL where keepers cost a draft pick. Our draft report includes the keepers beside the pick given up to keep them, as shown here:

http://football5.myfantasyleague.com/2013/options?L=29873&O=17

Previously, if there were blank or skipped picks between players, Draft Buddy's MFL Integration feature would only list the players in order, with no blank lines. They didn't line up with my draft report tab. Now I've adjusted to include the blank lines, and I can update draft results in Buddy, and not even have to input keepers at all for a league with this setup.

Let me know if anyone notices any issues with other leagues that this change may impact that I didn't consider.

We don't have a direct export to MFL. Never thought of it really. However, I'm pretty sure MFL has an option to import rosters from just copying and pasting the names into a text box on their website. Try that, copying the names from the Draft Buddy rosters tab, because you do it by team. I think you'll find over 95% of the names will match up and import correctly.

Any plans to be able to import your scoring settings from MFL?

Also, Im seeing a ® copyright symbol next to some of the players names [Realized its for the rookies]. Thats been causing some problems when trying to add a projections using projections pal. Any ideas?

Pal should account for the ® symbol, after you hit the Copy to Compiler button. Let me know if it isn't.

No plans to import scoring from MFL this year at least. They have so many scoring options available (particularly because they are scoring things weekly based on actual data, not forward looking season projections) that would need to be programmed to tailor into our scoring options I foresee that would be an incredible amount of work figuring it out.

It might be faster for me to just input the scoring for each of you individually ;) ... which is definitely not happening :lol:

If youre offering, go for it... :)

The issue with the symbol is that it doesnt recognize the player name from the raw tab. Im trying to create (unsuccessfully) a Site B projection using FantasyPros.com data...

I know it doesn't recognize on the Clean tab immediately, but after you hit Copy to Compiler it should work. No?