Sign in to follow this  
Soju808

TE Jordan Reed

With his breakout performance this past week, I've been reading about this guy, and the reports say that he is very similar to the likes of Jimmy Graham and Aaron Hernandez.

Discuss?

He's available in my league and was wondering if he's worth using my #1 waiver on him. I need help at TE, but I'm also struggling at the RB position which I've been saving that #1 waiver priority for.

Picked him up and started him his week with Graham on a bye. I'm so out of it right now that I'm going to stash Crabtree for my keeper league.

he is like hernandez. more shifty and elusive than any TE i can think of. not huge like graham. i barely missed out on picking him up last week and am not real happy about it. i'd say get him if you can.

Im dropping one of bennett or olsen to get him...if i can...he will be top waiver target

Picked him up and started him his week with Graham on a bye. I'm so out of it right now that I'm going to stash Crabtree for my keeper league.

Take a look at Ben Tate as well.

He's worth a pickup

Worth a pickup is a HUGE understatement my man.

This guy is a must pickup if you have seen him play. He lines up as a receiver often in the slot. I played him last week against the Cowboys....he looked good--but just didn't get enough targets. So, I played him again this week.

I think the key here is, Griffin is starting to create and run more, and Reed is a quick big target ( not huge by the way )--but he looks his way often. Reed had more targets than Garcon this week I believe ( and the Skins don't have a TRUE number 1 receiver....) just a bunch of guys who can catch. Unless of course Reed has taken that role.

I picked him up, then proceeded to trade Greg Olsen to a needy owner in return for Darren McFadden (he's my bi-week fill in). I'm rolling with Reed and Clay, Clay the starter until Reed can prove to be a consistent scorer.

What's Reed's value right now? I did my homework (thanks for the help) and started him with Graham on a bye. Is it possible for him to be a top 5 TE the rest of the way? We've seen TE come out of the woodwork mid season and have stellar second halves. Those of us smart enough to buy the early hype, are you buying or selling?

Really wish I was smart enough to get this guy on some of my dynasty teams. Need to pay extra attention to possible special talents waiting in the wings like this.

What's Reed's value right now? I did my homework (thanks for the help) and started him with Graham on a bye. Is it possible for him to be a top 5 TE the rest of the way? We've seen TE come out of the woodwork mid season and have stellar second halves. Those of us smart enough to buy the early hype, are you buying or selling?

I got in last week. One just has to watch the kid on tape to know that he's the real deal. However, I do believe there may be an injury history with him. He could be ever slightly fragile as a TE.

For me, I like to see a player for 4 weeks to measure their consistency.

There is absolutely no denying his talent.

Does anyone have any thoughts about Fleener vs Reed ROS?

Fleener plays like a bonehead. Inconsistent hands. At some point, a QB is gonna bail on throwing him the ball. However, Wayne's injury may be his only saving grace. Fleener does get open, so maybe the sense of urgency kicks in and helps him focus on what he needs to do; catch the damn ball.

Does anyone have any thoughts about Fleener vs Reed ROS?

Reed seems like he has more upside and athleticism. I've watched the last two Redskins games and most of the time I've been confused who's getting the looks between Reed and Garçon. They're built and move similarly.

So I'd go Reed ROS. He'll probably have peaks and valleys that most TEs have throughout the season. But he has legit top 5 TE potential some weeks.

Just based on the 2 weeks I have seen him, Reed is the play. Physical, great hands, even good on short routes, gets endzone looks as well.

With Broken Ribs?

Sure, I was referring to next year. Since he is considering suiting up in Week 9 I'd guess he'd be good to go for next season. :thumbsup:

Sure, I was referring to next year. Since he is considering suiting up in Week 9 I'd guess he'd be good to go for next season. :thumbsup:

OH! got ya R8R. Understood!

Really wish I was smart enough to get this guy on some of my dynasty teams. Need to pay extra attention to possible special talents waiting in the wings like this.

Nonsens matty. You and I both pay attention and draft guys we believe have the most upside. Sometimes we are just flat wrong.

I have added and dropped about 100 possible talents only to get burned about 98 times.

The only problem with Reed is that his snaps are still being limited. He only played about 53% of snaps while the team ran a total of 73 plays which is quite a bit higher than their norm. I think he's an upgrade over fleener but if you aren't in need of a TE the time to sell high is now...

The only problem with Reed is that his snaps are still being limited. He only played about 53% of snaps while the team ran a total of 73 plays which is quite a bit higher than their norm. I think he's an upgrade over fleener but if you aren't in need of a TE the time to sell high is now...

He doesn't need a full game of snaps...(as a matter of fact, it keeps him fresh I think)......The kid had 9 targets and caught all 9 passes this past Sunday!

Fleener is poop on the bottom of Reed's shoe. Reed is hot and is tremendous in ppr leagues. No selling for me.

I like what I have seen and how can you not like a player who get's compared to Graham & Hernandez. Also Washington doesn't have much at WR (I think Garcon is overrated).

Is he a top 5 TE the rest of the way? Upside is there, good QB, favorable schedule. He was obviously the #1TE last week.

I own Gonzo (just traded DeMarco to get him) and Reed. Today I was offered Decker for Gonzo. I'm pulling the trigger and going with Reed as my TE1 the rest of the way.

I like what I have seen and how can you not like a player who get's compared to Graham & Hernandez. Also Washington doesn't have much at WR (I think Garcon is overrated).

Is he a top 5 TE the rest of the way? Upside is there, good QB, favorable schedule. He was obviously the #1TE last week.

I own Gonzo (just traded DeMarco to get him) and Reed. Today I was offered Decker for Gonzo. I'm pulling the trigger and going with Reed as my TE1 the rest of the way.

The only legitimate fear with this guy is injury. He's no Vernon Davis/Jimmy Graham when it comes to physical build, so there's a high chance this guy gets hurt, especially running routes within the hash marks.

But the reward far outweights the risk IMO. Especially as RGME continues to raise his passing game.

I feel lucky that I got him off my waiver with only the number 9 priorty out of 12. I dumped Martellus Bennett who didnt even have a catch until like 2 minutes left in the game last week (of course it was a TD though). I also have Olsen and he will be riding the pine with his little foot injury still present. Reed oozes with upside and could be the next Orange Julius. My TE's I have been playing like Bennett and Olsen are good but so boring (typical 6-7 points a week). If RGIII can keep getting closer to what he was early last year, Reed is going to be a monster. Who does he have to fight for targets? Garcon and....thats right..just Garcon.

What is everyone expecting from Reed this week versus San Diego? I figure WASH could easily be playing from behind (as usual) and have to throw a ton. Does SD usually give up a lot to TE's?

I am debating between Reed and Danarius Moore vs Philly for my flex this week....SD hasn't given up a lot to opposing TE, where Philly has to WR...

Not exactly sure what to do either!

I have been debating starting McFadden over Reed this week. Not sure it is the right decision but I am going with McFadden and hoping for the best. Scares me to play him but not sure if Reed is a better option against the Chargers.

This sounds crazy but I'm wanting to start him over Graham

I did last week...going to go back to Graham though now that I know he can play some through it.

May hurt in the end...but Jimmy is too damn good.