Sign in to follow this  
Cruzer

Cowboys talk

I was confused by the lack of passes to Zeke out of the backfield. He had 3 catches for 17 yards in a game where the run was mostly getting stuffed. He ran a dozen or more routes from his position but almost all of them were short outs away from the side Dak was rolling to - basically taking Zeke out of the play. I was hoping to see more screens with blockers, swing passes or middle stabs. They need to be more creative.

I dunno man - Dez was abeast and accounted for a lot of defensive attention. Just like any great WR: The defense has to plan for him and take him into account every play. He makes the rest of the players around him better since they can get open easier and he often pulls a safety with him each play. Randy Moss was the king of absorbing 2 defenders like every play. That means you can run the ball against 9 guys instead of 10 or 11. Huge difference.

I still dont get why they didnt sign Dez. I understand there might have ben some financial issues but geez.....??? Cole beasley is a cool dude and all but he is NOT going to scare anyone. Zeke and Dak need Dez or someone like him out there to be effective, IMO. The defense is going to have to play lights out every single game or its going to be a long season for the 'Boys. If they get down a score or two its game over. Hell, they might be in trouble just down by one score after what I saw this weekend.

do you know which wr was game planned against and taken out of games last yr?

I'll give you a hint, it wasn't Dez

Seafool hates the Giants and the Cowboys. Shouldn't he hate the Vikings and the Packers?

as stated many times here by me a lifelong cowboys fan who enjoyed the 3 super bowl wins in 90s while in college. 2 things define me now.

I am in the movie groundhog day

and

so much scar tissue i don't care anymore

• Like 1

Why talk about the cowboys this year? They are really lame.

Why comment on a topic that you are uninterested in? That's not only lame, but retarded.

do you know which wr was game planned against and taken out of games last yr?

I'll give you a hint, it wasn't Dez

I do... and it worked - he disappeared.. Of course NE finds ways to get their 5'9" wrs open all day long - but the headset clowns are incapable of figuring it out.

• Like 1

as stated many times here by me a lifelong cowboys fan who enjoyed the 3 super bowl wins in 90s while in college. 2 things define me now.

I am in the movie groundhog day

and

so much scar tissue i don't care anymore

this is so true that i'm going to start drinking right now at 2:12.

:cry:

Cowboys with lowest season opener ratings in 9 years - Jerry, I hope you are paying attention!

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/cowboys-lowest-week-one-local-101653706.html

Such a stupid, misleading stat. Cowboys have opened up on Sunday Night Football since 2010 and oh wait...this week was it's lowest since 2009. Ratings will always be higher on SNF than a 4:25PM start time. It'll go back up this week.

I hope they suffer though and do really drop, so there can be some changes, but this article is complete crap, lol.

• Like 1

Well crap... and yes I said crap - all this win did was prolong JG's tenure here.

I will give credit where credit is due - for parts of this game Abbott & Costello looked like they knew what they were doing. Finally we got to see a ball downfield and finally we got to see things open up a bit... But outside of one big hit, this offense didn't shine too particularly bright.... One thing is for sure, we desperately need to find a replacement for Witten - bad.

And the defense? Wow - they were spectacular last night. Granted part of that was just how crap ass shiity NY's line is, but still...... Anyone else with concerns about S. Lee? Back to back weeks he's looked rather bad and old.

But outside of one big hit, this offense didn't shine too particularly bright.

this. CWill stepped up his game, but the zone read isn't going to get us to february, and even the big TD was a mediocre throw.

so we're down to cheering or LB duo of taylor smith and leighton meester.

They played a fine game :thumbsup:

baby steps

:pointstosky:

They played a fine game :thumbsup:

baby steps

:pointstosky:

23 years since a SB appearance, 23 years since a Championship appearance, 9 years with the same ass clown HC......... baby steps have come and gone.

23 years since a SB appearance, 23 years since a Championship series, 9 years with the same ass clown HC......... baby steps have come and gone.

It's a New Baby :wub:

But sadly the same Red Headed Step Mutha! :wall:

• Like 1

Brice Butler in

TWill out?

:dunno:

I'm convinced we could have 25 year olds Jerry Rice and Randy Moss - wouldn't make a bit difference.

Gawd Bless him, Dak is simply not cut out for the modern game. He lacks full field vision, he doesn't progress thru his reads well - and of course, he (more often than not) can not hit the broadside of a barn.... Is there anyone in this town who feels good over 3rd and 8? Not me.. With Romo, I felt 70% good even at 3rd and 10.

I'm convinced we could have 25 year olds Jerry Rice and Randy Moss - wouldn't make a bit difference.

Gawd Bless him, Dak is simply not cut out for the modern game. He lacks full field vision, he doesn't progress thru his reads well - and of course, he (more often than not) can not hit the broadside of a barn.... Is there anyone in this town who feels good over 3rd and 8? Not me.. With Romo, I felt 70% good even at 3rd and 10.

I agree.......I really miss Tony, I want him as our HC

• Like 1

Brice Butler in

TWill out?

:dunno:

makes no sense to cut twill, whose salary is fully guaranteed for the year.

my guess is schultz to PS.

Chiming in...not sure how well anybody can judge the Cowboys after that game. They looked good, but it really does appear that the Giants may just be that bad. Odell doesn't look healthy IMO, and i'm not sure that offensive line could block me coming off the edge. Just a team in shambles. Slightly tougher test with Seattle up. We'll see...

• Like 1

Odell doesn't look healthy IMO,

Could Odell be someone who fooled us into thinking he's better than he is? Just throwing that out there, but I mentally shuffle him into the Julio pile when I think about receivers. There are guys like Megatron and Hopkins who can do great stuff with garbage at QB. And there are guys who we say "Man, he's one of the best ever!" who underachieve when things aren't perfect for them. Is OBJ one of them? Or is it bad luck, injuries, etc?

OBJ is on pace for 120 Rec and almost 1300 yards. Not sure what this is all about. Buy low if you even could.

OBJ is on pace for 120 Rec and almost 1300 yards. Not sure what this is all about. Buy low if you even could.

I just looked back, I guess his yardage two years ago was higher than I thought. I just used to hear from his owner all the time that year about how it was a pain to own him--he had 4 huge games, and then was not much of anything super special the rest of the time. He was still 'good', but not '1st round' good for most of the season, that was my buddy's complaint. Maybe that combined with last year painted a biased picture in my head.

There's no shame in losing to Seattle in Seattle - that was going to be a hard game to win regardless...... That being said:

* It's time to stop with the "Great Offensive Line" crap.. This unit is trash... The powers that be either way overestimated their worth or (like I said earlier) they really miss Bill Callahan.
* Connor Williams, I know you're a Rook - but gosh damn - you suck! you look like a CB the way you back peddle all the time... You look like you've no strength at all - constantly getting pushed backwards on your ass.
* L. Collins - I was against moving him to RT at the get go. We took a dominate, great LG and turned him in a half ass/bad RT.
* Tyron Smith - I hope like hell you're injured...bcoz if not, and this is just you - holy fock are we in trouble.. You looked like a practice team scrub out there - just embarrassing. I almost mistook you for Eric Flowers.

* Dallas is 8 for 34 on 3rd down this year.........only Zona is worse.

* Dak hasn't thrown for 200 yards in 5 straight games.
* Did Jerry not include a film room at his $$Billion$$ dollar practice shrine? How did this staff not have Dak out and on the move y-day? Did they not watch what his legs did in the NY game?

With any luck Red will lead this team to 1-15.. Of course Jerry will prolly extend Dak and keep this staff - so what difference would it make anyways.

* Dak hasn't thrown for 200 yards in 5 straight games.

dak has broken 200 yards twice in the last 11 games. he's on pace to finish this season with <3000 yards. that's quincy carter production.

Summed up right here:

Pinches Cowboys B@stardos!

LOL crawfish.....Jerrah makes ALOT of money off the hispanic community....same ole same ole. Groundhog day.

LOL crawfish.....Jerrah makes ALOT of money off the hispanic community....same ole same ole. Groundhog day.

Oh, believe me, I know. I'm living squarely in Los Cowboys central. I love it. Most delusional fanbase EVER. There is no middle ground. Every Cowboy fan I know starts every year with "We are winning the Superbowl this year!" and slowly gets beaten into depression as the season goes on. Most don't even realize the Cowboys are only relevant because of how inept they have become and the dysfunction of their owner.

Is it just me or are the boys not as exciting to watch anymore? I mean I don't know what it is. Maybe I'm just getting older, maybe I'm football depressed lol. But man, I could have sworn I was getting pumped up during the Quincy Carter, Henson, and Testaverde days.

Maybe I don't have faith. But I found myself going back to the redzone channel just to see how the other games were going. Found myself playing a video game for a little bit.

Dak has been so disappointing and I know it's not just on him. But I'm just super unhappy with this team as a whole.

And don't get me wrong, 1-2 is an ideal start based on how the schedule was set up. @ Carolina and @ Seattle were always going to be tough. But it's the way we're losing. I get pumped up for our defense....but everything else is just so bland.

Oh, believe me, I know. I'm living squarely in Los Cowboys central. I love it. Most delusional fanbase EVER. There is no middle ground. Every Cowboy fan I know starts every year with "We are winning the Superbowl this year!" and slowly gets beaten into depression as the season goes on. Most don't even realize the Cowboys are only relevant because of how inept they have become and the dysfunction of their owner.

There's a few of us who've been calling this franchise out - for years and years.

There's a few of us who've been calling this franchise out - for years and years.

Think I've been kick their arse for a good decade now. Garrett saves himself with a miraculous 11+ win season every 3 or 4 years and we do the exact same thing each time. We fail to improve, adjust, and play smarter. We regress.

I hated the fact that all he says is, "we're just going to line up and run it down their throat." Doesn't work that way anymore Jason. Only works that way when you have the best OL in the league and your QB can make a few plays. Right now we have neither.

I hated the fact that all he says is, "we're just going to line up and run it down their throat." Doesn't work that way anymore Jason. Only works that way when you have the best OL in the league and your QB can make a few plays. Right now we have neither.

In addition to being one of the worst game clock managers of all time, in addition to having no concept of how to make in-game adjustments, in addition to his adverse confidence to play young kids, and in addition to his inability to game plan and have his team ready - the pinnacle of Red's incompetence came in the 2016 season..... I've chronicled this moment several times - it will go down as his greatest blunder, his signature frozen in time fock up.

* Division Championship game v. GB

* Jerry World, packed house, 110,000 drunk crazy ass fans going berserk

* We take the opening kickoff and drive it down GB's (depleted and banged up) defense.

* We get it down to GBs 37........3rd and 2.

* Red goes shotgun, chunks a 35 yard bomb to Dez, double covered in the end zone - incomplete.... Bailey squirts a 52 yarder good (barely).

The significance of that 3rd down play? Zeke was drafted that year with the 4th overall pick. We were told over and over that this team had been built for power football, to run the ball - control the clock. And in fact, that's the Cowboys football we had seen all year long. Zeke was the league's leading rusher, leading this, leading that - he was all world....... So we get to an early, critical 3rd down play - 3rd and 2, GBs 37... With 110,000 screaming fans, with the league's leading rusher, with our all world rookie rb, with the best offensive line in football, with a half ass banged up GB defense - Red chunks it 30 yards into double coverage. WTF???? He didn't even go under center and try to disguise it - his stupid ass went shotgun and announced to the world "we're throwing it!" Everything we had been told, everything this team had been built for was that moment - short yardage, game control football - and Red shiit the bed.. Not only did that chicken shiit call send a message to the GB sideline that we were soft, but it sent a message to our own sideline, our own fans - hell the water boy..... Red had 2 downs there to run it down their throats and move the chains - and he puked... Not only that, he stopped the clock and gave the ball Rodgers - who by the way, took the kickoff and drove it down our throats for 7.

That one series of downs will forever be the pathetic crowing moment of Red's tenure. I never have, never will, forgive him for that.... It defined him - it's what he is, a clueless clapping puppet.

• Like 1

Is it just me or are the boys not as exciting to watch anymore? I mean I don't know what it is. Maybe I'm just getting older, maybe I'm football depressed lol. But man, I could have sworn I was getting pumped up during the Quincy Carter, Henson, and Testaverde days.

Maybe I don't have faith. But I found myself going back to the redzone channel just to see how the other games were going. Found myself playing a video game for a little bit.

Dak has been so disappointing and I know it's not just on him. But I'm just super unhappy with this team as a whole.

And don't get me wrong, 1-2 is an ideal start based on how the schedule was set up. @ Carolina and @ Seattle were always going to be tough. But it's the way we're losing. I get pumped up for our defense....but everything else is just so bland.

Its not just you.

Dak is below average.

Theres not a single receiver that worries opponents or demands more than single coverage.

Zeke is talented, but hard to root for.

Its tragic.

Is it just me or are the boys not as exciting to watch anymore?

I hate the cowgirls for all time, but they haven't been exciting since Staubach. Watching Aikman light it up for 210 yards and 2 TDs every week, certainly didn't inspire out of town fans. It's been downhill since then,

In addition to being one of the worst game clock managers of all time, in addition to having no concept of how to make in-game adjustments, in addition to his adverse confidence to play young kids, and in addition to his inability to game plan and have his team ready -

You could also be talking about Pitface O'Brien.

I hate the cowgirls for all time, but they haven't been exciting since Staubach. Watching Aikman light it up for 210 yards and 2 TDs every week, certainly didn't inspire out of town fans. It's been downhill since then,

Hmm, I know people hated Romo, but to me that guy was fun to watch. Especially when the O-line was crap and hed have to scramble for his life. At least I had a feeling that we could compete and win any game. And that came with the understanding that Romo may crap the bed and choke in the 4th. But as time went on Romo put all that to rest.

I do believe a lot of better ran organizations couldve won a Super Bowl with Romo. Give Dallas Rodgers, Gurley, and Antonio Brown and theyd still find a way to lose.

Hmm, I know people hated Romo,

People hated Romo?

My impression was that most people who viewed him negatively saw him as 1) more than a bit magoo, and 2) prone to throw games away on bad errors, but 3) generally a good QB. Was never gonna get them to the SB, but was pretty good. Why do you say people hated him?