Sign in to follow this  
BiPolarBear

Last Day of School Visit to Holocaust Museum?

I would like your geek feedback, please. The sophomore class of at my daughter's high school is headed off the the Holocaust Museum in Dallas on Friday, the last day of school. The history teacher is taking them, and I agree it is an important part of history that should not be overlooked or forgotten.

I just question the timing. I mean, they could of gone the day before Christmas break. (kidding) The last event of their sophomore year? Really? I remember how happy I was on the last day of school. Seems like kind of a Debbie Downer thing to do to me.

Thoughts?

Yeah, it does seem like a weird way to end a school year. On the bright side, the kids will now know the answer to "whats worse than finding a worm in your apple?"

Yes that is odd, but I'd just keep your mouth shut except maybe to tell your kid that you think the history lesson is important but he shouldn't lose focus of the accomplishment of finishing out the school year

the Holocaust Museum in Dallas

I thought they changed the name of this to AT&T Stadium

Maybe take him to get a pizza after he gets home so he knows that not everything that gets put in an oven screams.

the Holocaust Museum in Dallas

How many Jews did we kill in Texas? Probably a few, but enough for a museum? :dunno:

How many Jews did we kill in Texas? Probably a few, but enough for a museum? :dunno:

It has to do with the state flower, the Yellow rose. If you've ever been to Dallas you'd understand. Everywhere you look you see a Rosenbloom.

It's just a summer reminder to turn before you burn.

I thought they changed the name of this to AT&T Stadium

:first: Before the first game there, I googled it and some guy called it the Death Star. I was hoping it would stick. :thumbsup:

Dumb. But I understand why a focking liberal ass teacher would do it on the last day of skool. That way, they don't have to have a serious discussion about the Holocaust the next day in class. :thumbsdown:

Dumb. But I understand why a focking liberal ass teacher would do it on the last day of skool. That way, they don't have to have a serious discussion about the Holocaust the next day in class. :thumbsdown:

What the fock does this even mean? :wacko:

What the fock does this even mean? :wacko:

I don't know how he determined the teacher's political affiliation, but part of his point is the teacher is avoiding extended discussion revolving around antisemitism, Nazism, etc. by not having class the next day.