Sign in to follow this  
The Moz

The biggest WTF in the draft this year?

it was still questionable. there is no doubt Thomas will produce, i think the issue was that he could have been had in round 2. But i love me some Sweet Julius.

its kind of like the year i took crap for saying Gepetto did the wrong thing keeping ADP at the cost of a 1st rounder.... ADP went on the break records but that doesn't change the fact he could have been drafted in round 3 or 4

I would venture we have very different strategies when it comes to building a fantasy team via the draft.

it was still questionable. there is no doubt Thomas will produce, i think the issue was that he could have been had in round 2. But i love me some Sweet Julius.

its kind of like the year i took crap for saying Gepetto did the wrong thing keeping ADP at the cost of a 1st rounder.... ADP went on the break records but that doesn't change the fact he could have been drafted in round 3 or 4

You don't know what you're talking about. Joc was going to take ADP that year early 2nd round so I wouldn't have got him. He's still on my team by the way.

its simple draft value. a concept we all use.

granted if you think / know someone else was taking the guy before you picked again.. no qualms with a pick. and im the type of person who readily says, good thing you drafted him, good thing you kept him/had him on your team. but when you bump my analysis later in the year to prove I was wrong, im going to stick by my analysis as it had/has nothing to do with what that players fantasy output will be.

ex. taking josh gordon in round 1 last year wouldn't have been a smart pick even though statistically he was a 1st rounder.

This league is way ahead of any Average Draft Postion, FFToday, The Huddle, Footballguys and any other site, we (some of us know exactly what were doing), but if you believe in your analysis and base it on average draft position or so called experts, you'll always be behind in this league.

This league is way ahead of any Average Draft Postion, FFToday, The Huddle, Footballguys and any other site, we (some of us know exactly what were doing), but if you believe in your analysis and base it on average draft position or so called experts, you'll always be behind in this league.

:lol: has nothing to do with any average draft position, or website

nevermind, you were right big guy . not worth continuing to explain. :thumbsup:

there's nothing wrong with drafting with value in mind but for me personally, if I draft with that in mind for every pick I will end up with a team that I'm just so so about. I try to come up with 2 or 3 players I covet. Julius fell into that category for me this year. I had know idea if any of you bozos would pick him but I did know you each had two shots before I got another pick. I knew I'd get shitte for the pick but I've learned not to care about that over the years. I've had way more consistent success since I started following my "covet" strategy. also playing into that first pick was I thought WR was really deep this year. besides I drafted for value when I went with Gronk with that next pick.

:banana:

there's nothing wrong with drafting with value in mind but for me personally, if I draft with that in mind for every pick I will end up with a team that I'm just so so about. I try to come up with 2 or 3 players I covet. Julius fell into that category for me this year. I had know idea if any of you bozos would pick him but I did know you each had two shots before I got another pick. I knew I'd get shitte for the pick but I've learned not to care about that over the years. I've had way more consistent success since I started following my "covet" strategy. also playing into that first pick was I thought WR was really deep this year. besides I drafted for value when I went with Gronk with that next pick.

:banana:

we don't draft all that differently. I always have players in mind that i want, and im willing to reach a little for them if I have to but I may be more wiling to push it closer to where I feel their value is.

Patterson was one of those guys for me this year.

as for julius, had I been pick 1.1 I just wouldn't have been able to take him partly because I would have felt comfortable I could land him at 2.12/3.1 and partly because I wouldn't have been able to pass on Dem Thomas or Julio Jones... to me it would have been a "who is more likely to fall" issue.

Well if I passed on him and then he was still available 22 picks later I would be totally convinced that I was playing FF with a bunch of retards.

As it is I'm only 87.5% convinced.

Kutulu - Juluis is a great TE and worthy of a 3rd round pick in a redraft - but I think the only thing people were shocked at is you wuldn't of tried to trade down in round 1 to like the bottom and given youself a huge Boost in other rounds and still got your guy. I don't think anyone though Thomas sucked just where he was taken when you had a option to trade picks and I am pretty Sure Gepetto and WW would of gladly traded with you as both wanted DT

that is a valid point. thing is I never trade during the draft just feels like a hassle to me. same reason I don't make lists or really analyze stuff like a lot of you sharks seem to do. I just follow football year round and then go with my gut come draft time. works for me. :wave: