Sign in to follow this  
tbone138

Montee Ball at 7

I think this guy's floor is Moreno's #'s from last year w/ a much higher ceiling. I even like him over Forte honestly. Talk me out of it.

Forte is an established fantasy commodity so id def not rank him over forte. Safer is better in the 1st, if we were talking about 5th rounders, sure roll the dice. But Ball is a guy who was widely thought to be the guy last year but knowshon just stepped in and knowshoned him like he did the year prior as well to whoever it was we thought would be better. Ball is in a fantastic place to shine but the coaches have shown no hesitation to go with the hot hand. If ball fumbles in gm 1 and someone else has a few good runs, it could be last year all over with a different knowshon.

I wont try to talk you out of ranking him 7th, thats a fair place for an upside guy in a great system with some talent, and thats up to you. But def not above forte who is an all purpose dynamo with the respect of his teammates and years of service keeping him in his spot.

I think this guy's floor is Moreno's #'s from last year w/ a much higher ceiling. I even like him over Forte honestly. Talk me out of it.

. Go for It

I'm taking Forte, hands down. In my league, I think I would get him with the 9th pick the soonest.

I have Megatron and Manning ahead of him.

I really like him, but I can't help but cringe at the thought of taking him ahead of Forte. If you're talking about taking him ahead of Foster? Well, that is starting to make sense to me.

Dream world I'd love to get Megatron going down and Ball coming back up...

You should really look hard at Morenos numbers if you think that's Balls floor. Morenos receiving averages and catches would be hard to duplicate for anyone much less a guy who has never done it.

All it takes is one time to get Peyton killed and he is on the bench. If he isn't in on passing downs then you can kiss that "floor" goodbye.

I like Ball and he will have a very good season . But I have Forte listed number one on my RB list .

I wouldn't take Ball over Forte. Ball has to show he can block for Manning for him to be the starter.

I have the #7 pick for my draft Saturday. I would rank Forte, Lacy, then Ball. My league does 6 pt. TD, so I am thinking a QB might go early and I will be taking one of those guys. Then I am hoping for a Julio Jones, Brandon Marshall type coming back. I am hoping 2 QB's get picked or Jimmy Graham then I will get, what I consider a stud WR in the 2nd round.

It depends on scoring system, but in my 2QB my top 8 are Brees/Rodgers/Manning, Charles/McCoy/Peterson, Johnson and Jimmy Graham (we give extra points for TE receiving yards).

So no, not Ball. I like Forte 9, Lacy 10 with those guys grabbing a stud QB on the way back but 2QB leagues are unique/weird.

But still not 7.

Forte is clearly the guy there on a high powered offense. Lacy is clearly the guy there on a high powered offense.

Ball is still not playing, Hillman has been getting rave reviews in camp for his improvement. I like Ball, but not at 7. Mid to late 2nd round more than deep into the 1st. I'd rather grab Forte and see if I can get Ball on the swing back around in the 2nd if you're a big believer. If he goes earlier I'll console myself with Dez Bryant, Julio Jones or some other stud WR.

The potential is obviously there with Ball-- the RB numbers will be there in a Peyton led offense-- but it's all about how much risk you feel comfortable taking in the first round, especially a mid first round pick @ 7.. all the arguments against ball above are not unrealistic; are you comfortable with the idea that you're number 7 pick honestly isn't locked in/proven as "the guy" at this point?

Forte is cemented as the starter in Chicago with much less uncertainty. If you're going to pick a RB that high (which you should), it needs to be as much of a sure-thing as possible.

I think your assessment of Ball at 7 is reasonable (I have him at 5) and he could be in for a monster year. But with that early of a pick I want a RB who is proven.

Forte is cemented as the starter in Chicago with much less uncertainty. If you're going to pick a RB that high (which you should), it needs to be as much of a sure-thing as possible.

I think your assessment of Ball at 7 is reasonable (I have him at 5) and he could be in for a monster year. But with that early of a pick I want a RB who is proven.

Pretty much this.

You take a gamble on Ball and miss, and your season is basically shot (or at the very least you have a hell of an uphill climb)

On the flip side, if you gamble on him and hit, then all you get is what you paid for. Not really a ton of reward potential there if he's going in the top six.

Forte in Trestmans offense is well ahead of a 2nd year running back that might or might not perform to Moreno's level.

Montee is definitely in the running for the 5th RB off the board spot. Personally I'd take Lacy before him, but think both should provide some good reliability as a RB1.

Pass.

Peyton lead offenses aren't always gold for the most talented players, they tend to be gold for the players Peyton trusts. Moreno, Tamme, Collie, Stokley, etc.

I'd rather spend a late round pick on CJ Anderson or Ronnie Hillman and gamble Peyton keeps one of them in the game rather than gamble a first on Ball.

I can't bring myself to take Ball over a proven guy like Lynch despite any flags there.

If I'm picking in the 2nd half of the draft I'm likely going stud WR and hoping an RB I feel ok is there in the 2nd or vice versa I take Lynch knowing a top 6 WR falls.

I have to agree on taking Eddie Lacy before. Hell, wouldn't you rather grab a premium WR or Jimmy Graham then take that kind of gamble in the 1st round?

I have to agree on taking Eddie Lacy before. Hell, wouldn't you rather grab a premium WR or Jimmy Graham then take that kind of gamble in the 1st round?

Pass.

Peyton lead offenses aren't always gold for the most talented players, they tend to be gold for the players Peyton trusts. Moreno, Tamme, Collie, Stokley, etc.

I'd rather spend a late round pick on CJ Anderson or Ronnie Hillman and gamble Peyton keeps one of them in the game rather than gamble a first on Ball.

This and this. Have the 6th overall and no way I'm taking ball. Let someone else deal with him not able to block for manning.

have you guys been mocking? rb's are thin this year and in 12 team ppr lacy, ball, lynch are not there in the second. i have not loved the ones that are there for your #1 rb. wr's seem much deeper. if you go graham, wr, or qb in the 1st with the 7th spot you will be playing major catchup the rest of the draft. I like one of those three rbs in the 1st, then a high quality wr in the 2nd. forte is very rarely available at 7. if so, i would gladly grab him.

I'm picking at 6 .5 PPR and I think I'm set on Forte, Lacy or Calvin-D. Thomas.

#5 told me he might go Lacy over Forte b/c he doesn't want to double invest in the Bears offense and is targeting a WR. It would be the same thing for a GB one but I'll just let him keep thinking that. ;)

There is no risk in Ball over any other backs. He will be a monster. Top 3 this year guaranteed take him and watch your team flourish in all formats!

Do you trust Fox that much ? all it would take as him fumbling or another RB steps up... Remember the Panthers when he coached..... remember last year ?????

Ball has to show he can block for Manning for him to be the starter.

So who do you think is Denver's starting RB?

I'm picking at 6 .5 PPR and I think I'm set on Forte, Lacy or Calvin-D. Thomas.

#5 told me he might go Lacy over Forte b/c he doesn't want to double invest in the Bears offense and is targeting a WR. It would be the same thing for a GB one but I'll just let him keep thinking that. ;)

Ditto on the position and scoring. I am hoping for Forte (Calvin should go to a homer in front of me, so just hoping someone reaches for Peyton), would probably settle for Lacy. Not in love with drafting WR mid-first round this year (most mocks I end up going WR-WR and having to roll with a guy like Ellington as RB1).

I like Ball a lot this year and think he could easily post 1,200 rushing and double digit TDs. There's a risk that he fumbles or blows it in pass protection and ends up in a RBBC but he's in a terrific situation and has as much upside as anyone.

I wouldn't draft him at 7 overall because he won't play at all this preseason and for me that's too much of an unknown. If you're totally on board and don't have an entry fee you can't afford to lose though go ahead and do it.

If you draft Ball and he busts hard that sucks, what sucks worse is passing up the player you want and following conventional wisdom, then watch Ball go off.

Just go ahead and take him.

I took Ball at 11 in my draft last night and then paired him with Gio coming back. I'm all in on the unproven guys I guess. It is nerve racking to a certain degree but it's also exciting thinking about these guys reaching their potential. ... Which is massive in my opinion

Ball at 7, geeze...not really...many studs will be gone, but surely many will remain.

I'd say its a reach, a fairly big reach.

If you draft Ball and he busts hard that sucks, what sucks worse is passing up the player you want and following conventional wisdom, then watch Ball go off.

This is true. Follow your instincts - if they aren't any good then you'll never win anyway

I'm hoping you're right - just got both in a dynasty. ^

LOL