Sign in to follow this  
SuperSteelers

Sleepers - Get 'em in!

Alright, we've been through 2.5 preseason games with a handful remaining tonight. The criteria is very simple: which under-the-radar players are poised for breakout seasons for their respective teams. That said, who do you figure to be this year's Terrance Williams, Jordan Cameron, Gio Bernard, etc.

If you've already drafted, please state your sleepers and which round you drafted them in.

RB: Mark Ingram

WR: Charles Johnson (CLE) & Brian Quick (STL)

TE: CJ Fiedorowicz (HOU)

you can thank me later for doing your research for you...

QB: Josh McCown, Buccs. He has some really good players around him. Martin, VJax and Evans look like a pretty good trio. McCown won't crack the top five, but could become a lowend QB1.

RB: Andre Williams, Giants. Good power runner. Only Journeyman Jennings in his way. Williams could have a great year.

WR: Allen Hurns, Jaguars. Kid simply catches everything thrown his way. Came out of The U, those guys seem to thrive in the NFL. He's a deep sleeper, but I like his potential.

TE: CJ Fiedorwicz, Texans. Gronkowski junior in a former Belichick coaches offense.

Latimore Broncos . Just no way Welker is going to last much longer .

Who the hell is this CJ fedora emilianenko guy? I'd google but the name is just too much of a chore. Toro world has it right, he sounds like one of those waiver gems that helps out for a stretch of a few games at some point.

QB: Josh McCown, Buccs. He has some really good players around him. Martin, VJax and Evans look like a pretty good trio. McCown won't crack the top five, but could become a lowend QB1.

RB: Andre Williams, Giants. Good power runner. Only Journeyman Jennings in his way. Williams could have a great year.

WR: Allen Hurns, Jaguars. Kid simply catches everything thrown his way. Came out of The U, those guys seem to thrive in the NFL. He's a deep sleeper, but I like his potential.

TE: CJ Fiedorwicz, Texans. Gronkowski junior in a former Belichick coaches offense.

You like Hurns ahead of Allen Robinson and Marquise Lee?

I think Hurns may be a dynasty sleeper, I don't think I could draft him this year in hopes of much production...

Yes and no.

I don't consider Lee a sleeper. He is being drafted about where he should go. I think he is going to be a pretty good receiver. Shorts and Lee both get drafted in 12 teamers. Hurns does not get drafted, yet there is a very good chance he is going to be named starter. With Shorts injury history and the fact that Henne/Bortles don't have any relationship with Lee or Hurns means either one of them can step up and become a major factor in the passing game. Robinson is still hurt. Being a rookie and missing all of training camp is going to put him way behind. By the time he comes back Hurns and Lee will be about two months ahead of him.

I wouldn't draft Hurns ahead of Lee, but at the same time I wouldn't hesitate to pass on Lee as my WR5 and wait til the end of the draft and take Hurns as my WR5/6 and see what happens. He's a big physical receiver, much like Robinson. Hurns has a great shot to come out of nowhere and have meaningful value this year. Worth a shot late!

I think Hurns may be a dynasty sleeper, I don't think I could draft him this year in hopes of much production...

Any player drafted from Jacksonville this year is only drafted on "hope".....lol

• Like 1

Any player drafted from Jacksonville this year is only drafted on "hope".....lol

:cheers:

Agreed.....a true "sleeper". He passes the eye test and has credentials. I nabbed him in the last round of a 12-man redraft last night. Kids got something.

- that Kearse kid up in Seattle barely gets mentioned in these discussions .. yet it seems like everytime I tune them in, dude's making big plays

• Like 1

I took Percy Harvin and I kind of regret it. Seattle's passing attack won't necessarily feature one guy and I think they like it that way.

I took Percy Harvin and I kind of regret it. Seattle's passing attack won't necessarily feature one guy and I think they like it that way.

but that kinda reinforces my earlier take on Kearse ... Percy has a much heftier pricetag, and rightfully so - guy's a transcendent talent .. but he is always a dicey bet to see a whole season through

whereas Kearse could see a bigger piece of that pie, especially if Harvin is hampered during the year - and Kearse can be had for a song ... ergo, sleeper

Agreed.....a true "sleeper". He passes the eye test and has credentials. I nabbed him in the last round of a 12-man redraft last night. Kids got something.

i'd like Hurns a whole lot more if he wasn't on a craptastic team that has a bunch of other young WR talent they drafted high in addition to Shorts... i just don't know if there will be enough offense going on in JAX to give Hurns the opportunity to be a sleeper.

Who the hell is this CJ fedora emilianenko guy? I'd google but the name is just too much of a chore. Toro world has it right, he sounds like one of those waiver gems that helps out for a stretch of a few games at some point.

As a Hawkeye fan I've watched almost all his games and I think it is safe to say forget about him. He is a classic "looks like Tarzan plays like Jane". He is a big body TE that might seem like a Gronk clone in the O'Brien offense. In college he rarely showed ability to catch the ball and get up field. He is massive but goes down very quickly with any contact.

As a Hawkeye fan I've watched almost all his games and I think it is safe to say forget about him. He is a classic "looks like Tarzan plays like Jane". He is a big body TE that might seem like a Gronk clone in the O'Brien offense. In college he rarely showed ability to catch the ball and get up field. He is massive but goes down very quickly with any contact.

I hope you're wrong, drafted him today...doh

J Gordon ?

Have a feeling he gets 8 with the delay. You get him late he's a game changer. Realize he might not be a "sleeper" but will be once you factor his draft position and the impact he could have on your team I think he fits the bill.

Hurns- Bortles gets the job I think it's a vast improvement to any Jag's fantasy value. Kid looks like he could be this years Victor Cruz.

Benjamin- huge WR and appears to be the only option in that offense. Should see a ton of Red Zone looks.

Hunter- Had a huge game a week ago and been hyped up all off season.

Bradshaw- T Rich looks awful.

^this... and the guy is SLOW. about the only thing i'd see him doing is on an overloaded goalline set... he may get a TD or 2 this year.

No love for John Brown of Arizona? Named no 3 WR on Zona and has had a solid preseason.

No love for John Brown of Arizona? Named no 3 WR on Zona and has had a solid preseason.

Usual Suspect mentioned him upstream a bit ..

and I agree w/both of you - this kid can play

he seems to be talented, i just have a hard time believing that the 3rd best receiver (4th if you count Ellington) on an average offensive team will be a viable fantasy player.

he seems to be talented, i just have a hard time believing that the 3rd best receiver (4th if you count Ellington) on an average offensive team will be a viable fantasy player.

I think the Cards will be a very good fantasy offense this year, especially now with the hits they took with their defense.

as far as Brown ... players pop out the woodwork every year, and this kid has heart and a motor to go along with his talent. he can be a difference maker for this team.

sleeper. HTH.

keeper or dynasty yes.. redraft no real value tho

You really think Hakeem Nicks is the focal point of the passing game in Indy? They have two great tight ends and two wide receivers that carried the offense prior to Nicks ever showing up.

Oh and don't forget their amazing running game (I kid, I kid).

You really think Hakeem Nicks is the focal point of the passing game in Indy? They have two great tight ends and two wide receivers that carried the offense prior to Nicks ever showing up.

Oh and don't forget their amazing running game (I kid, I kid).

How are indys tes great by any stretch? Good? Sure. Gronk and graham are great.

Nicks has had a really good preseason and was tackled on the 1 in the third game. He has had a good amount of targets and is the best receiving option they have. Maybe he isnt the focal point like calvin or green, but he is going to get the most love from luck this year.

I think his lack of success the past 2 years has been more on Eli than himself. Victor cruz hasnt exactly been a world beater recently yet he doesnt get any criticism. Its elis fault with him, bit nicks own fault with his stats.

Hakeem nicks. Traded brandin cooks for him recently. Very confident in the focal point of the pass game in indy.

Nooooooo! Stay Away! Stay Away! Stay Away!

Well you're definitely right that they're not great but Fleener is a pretty amazing athlete and had a lot of Luck's attention back at Stanford and he couldn't even get past Allen initially.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that there are a lot of mouths to feed and Nicks may not be as sure fire of a thing as you think.

Hakeem nicks. Traded brandin cooks for him recently. Very confident in the focal point of the pass game in indy.

i cannot support that trade.

Nicks was a stud for 2 years. He didnt just forget how to play football and is still young. If he would have gotten 2 more yard this weekend and scored he would have had one of the best/consistent preseasons this year.

I know we have seen guys have good preseasons and disappear, but not guys with nicks ability. The offense may start out spreading the ball a little more, but once the colts realize how effective nicks is, i dont see them avoiding him in favor of a dwayne allen.

Cooks is a rookie. I like the guy and he will have a few big games, but i like consistency over a few huge games. Nicks has been involved consistently. I cant wait to see how well he does in that offense.

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Giants

He had a couple of nice seasons. There are a lot of guys who are flashes in the pan though Frozen, the N.F.L. moves quickly. You know who else is still young and was a stud for a couple of years? Mile Austin. Would you trade Brandin Cooks for Miles Austin? Heck no. You know what's worse? Is that you somehow think 6'1", 210 pound, 4.66 forty (and this is before all his injuries piled up) Hakeem Nicks is something special.

Giants

-

-

Giants

-

-

Giants

-

-

Giants

-

-

Giants

He had a couple of nice seasons. There are a lot of guys who are flashes in the pan though Frozen, the N.F.L. moves quickly. You know who else is still young and was a stud for a couple of years? Mile Austin. Would you trade Brandin Cooks for Miles Austin? Heck no. You know what's worse? Is that you somehow think 6'1", 210 pound, 4.66 forty (and this is before all his injuries piled up) Hakeem Nicks is something special.

He had good seasons on a run first team. Austin is not young and plays for the browns, bad comparison. Nicks 26 yo, austin 30 yo.

He also played with eli who wasnt a big time regular season qb, also the giants had a good defense to rely on. If you disagree on the value i can understand the logic, but there are arguments that support both sides.

Finally, the saints are notorious for spreading the ball around to their receivers. They have had talented receivers on that team who were maddeningly inconsistent for fantasy. Nicks has gotten a lot of love from luck already.

Kelce,Hunter,Mathews I think will blow people away this year. Hunter has the highest wall of any WR in the last 3 years imo. I love this Mathew kid I think he's gonna be a faster version of colston. I'm like Kelce if he starts I think he'll be a big time player.

Nicks could be a serviceable WR3, particularly if Wayne or Hilton gets injured. However, Luck is gonna spread the love around. Yes, Nicks will have a couple a blowup weeks, but many more poor-mediocre weeks imho.

(I could be dead wrong....if you got that feeling, draft him in every league. He is dirt cheap)