Sign in to follow this  
Cuse9

Wes Welker, concussion

He got another concussion Saturday night. He's 33, about time he thinks about his family and life after football. I think his head has had enough, hard telling what he is thinking though?

If he does decide to hang them up, Emanuel Sanders stock shoots through the roof!

He's the latest addition to my dnd list. He should prob retire and stop testing fate. Manny Sanders indeed gets a bump.

Amen no question .

Latimore stock should be going up .

Cody Latimer?

only prob I have is Fox has never trusted rookies and giving them a fair chance,,,Caldwell will benefit the most IMO

only prob I have is Fisher has never trusted rookies and giving them a fair chance,,,Caldwell will benefit the most IMO

Um...Fisher?

• Like 1

Um...Fisher?

Obviously he means Fox, but it was rookie RBs Fox never trusted. From his time in CAR I believe I remember him playing multiple rookie WRs... and they all sucked. LaFell, Colbert, Jarrett...

Plus, Peyton is the HC in DEN. Fox is just the DC...

Latimer or Britt for WR5? Who as the better chance of breaking out?

Britt for sure.

Last night when the Broncos played Caldwell ran plays with the first team. Latimer was strictly with the second crew. As stated, Manning is the OC in Denver. Rookies usually don't fully understand the plays and if you can't run a play correctly, Peyton won't throw you the ball. Latimer's stock doesn't move a whole lot with the Welker injury. DT's stock can't get higher. I would move up Julius and Sanders' stock up and then Caldwell should now be drafted in case Welker does call it quits.

• Like 1

Britt for sure.

Last night when the Broncos played Caldwell ran plays with the first team. Latimer was strictly with the second crew. As stated, Manning is the OC in Denver. Rookies usually don't fully understand the plays and if you can't run a play correctly, Peyton won't throw you the ball. Latimer's stock doesn't move a whole lot with the Welker injury. DT's stock can't get higher. I would move up Julius and Sanders' stock up and then Caldwell should now be drafted in case Welker does call it quits.

Good analysis. I do see Caldwell running ahead of Latimer in the short term, but by mid-season it's DT, Sanders in the slot, and Latimer on the other side. Latimer is a good $1 guy late in an auction or as a flyer in deeper leagues for sure, particularly in non-PPR leagues, he is big, physical, and likes to mix it up.

What about D. Thomas' stock? It's already thru the roof, could it go even higher now?

If anything Welker being hurt would hurt DT's stock. Take away a sure handed chain mover in Welker means that more attention will be shifted towards DT. Sanders HAS to step up and between Caldwell and/or Latimer they have to be a viable threat. I coach basketball. My kids that can't shoot to save their life....they still have to square up and be a threat to shoot, if not the defense will shift their attention to my scorers and make it harder for them. In any event, I think the other Bronco WR's will step up. Manning will demand it. DT's stock won't be helped or hurt with this.

Good analysis. I do see Caldwell running ahead of Latimer in the short term, but by mid-season it's DT, Sanders in the slot, and Latimer on the other side. Latimer is a good $1 guy late in an auction or as a flyer in deeper leagues for sure, particularly in non-PPR leagues, he is big, physical, and likes to mix it up.

i wouldn't want to draft Lattimer hoping he passes Caldwell by mid-season. if Wes misses time due to this last concussion, i would expect him to be back by mid-season. unless you are really expecting Wes to be done for the year...

What about D. Thomas' stock? It's already thru the roof, could it go even higher now?

probably not...

I can't wait to read about Welker downplaying concussions. He will rage against the dying of the light, but he needs to retire.

This makes Brees the consensus #1 Qb off the board in my mind. I thought this before the Welker injury.

I love Wes from his years with the Patriots. I think he should retire -- clearly this is becoming more and more of an issue for him and it's just not worth it.

And yes, Emmanuel Sanders is now worth a lot. 29 yard TD catch right after Welker left the game

Latimore stock should be going up .

what does the San Fran backfield have to do with Wes Welker?