Sign in to follow this  
stonewall

E. Sanders vs. P. Harvin

With Welker concussed and doubtful to return, along with his outstanding performance last night, Sanders is soaring up the redraft boards today. He is routinely going a pick or 2 above Harvin in the 5th round. He has walked into a tremendous opportunity.

Harvin claims that he is as healthy as he has ever been, and he has a deadly-accurate QB that can get him the rock. We all remember what he did while healthy in Minn. Also wouldn't be a shocking to see him rush for 300 or more yards and return a couple of kicks for a TD.

I am torn between the two. Both have fairly high ceilings and are in great situations. Harvin is more polished, but on a team that will run more.....but he is the WR1. Manning could make Sanders a star. So, who are you liking between the two.

Because of Manning and the fact SEA is a run first offense, give me Sanders.

Oh yeah, and then there's that whole thing about Percy not actually ever being able to play 16 games in a season too...

I somehow drafted Sanders at 9:11 in a .5 PPR startup we are doing. :dunno:

Yeah it was before that game.

May have been a championship pick. Do you like him more than Harvin currently?

That's tough. I think Sanders might end up with better numbers but I could see Harvin being a bit more consistent.

Still a lot of mouths to feed in Denver. Seattle will spread it around too but he's by far their most dynamic receiver.

Last season Manning att 659 passes . Wilson att 407 passes . last season Manning comp 43 more passes then Wilson att . Now there might be more mouths to feed with the broncos but there is more to pass around . Harvin has no history of staying healthy and he plays for a run happy team , it's not close Sanders easy .

Also i would no be shocked to see Welker leave the game after this last head injury . It's time for him to think about life after the game .

Welker wasn't even drafted in my league. Sanders went in 7th

Manning + Sanders vs harvin gets hurt again.

That is your choice.

Manning + Sanders vs harvin gets hurt again.

That is your choice.

Says the bitter little Whiner fan :lol:

May have been a championship pick. Do you like him more than Harvin currently?

Could be a championship pick for anyone that drafted before Saturday.

There comes a time where 'Situation' trumps talent and Sanders is in a perfect situation now.

At 80 receptions with 12-15 yards per (Decker had 14.8 avg last season), it would put him between 960 - 1200 yards for the season.

I doubt Harvin can sniff those numbers in Seattle.

There comes a time where 'Situation' trumps talent and Sanders is in a perfect situation now.

At 80 receptions with 12-15 yards per (Decker had 14.8 avg last season), it would put him between 960 - 1200 yards for the season.

Yeah most of the draft pundits discount the comparison of Sanders in that role due to Decker's size advantage. But damn if Sanders ain't fast. Remember, the Pats signed him to a restricted deal last year and Pittsburgh matched, at the cost of a second round pick. Of colossal note is Welker's concussion, and the role Sanders could play if Welker isn't in that line up.

Even before the Welker injury, i was able to nab Saunders in round 9 last week.

Now, it looks like highway robbery.

I doubt he makes it past round 6 now in most drafts.

Seattle is a great team, but not for fantasy WR's. I'd take Sanders all day over Harvin. Harvin has too many negatives going against him. Seattle is a run first team, they spread their passing attack out, Harvin always gets hurt. This comes down to system. Sanders is a superior fantasy offense over Harvin. Real life...I'm taking Harvin. Fantasy...Sanders it is.

Add in the substantial injury concerns with Harvin and it's clear that Sanders should be favored

Harvin gets hurt more than Maclin yet everyone is saying DND Maclin.

Probably because Maclin has been just-a-guy during his career, whereas Harvin has repeatedly shown off absurd talent between injuries. He was on pace for over 110 receptions before he got hurt in 2012, and had already returned one kick for a TD. Impact player when he's in there.

It looks like, for most, it all comes down to injury-propensity tolerance. Harvin a better talent but "injury prone", with Sanders being a lesser talent in a better situation with no injury tag. Personally, although it may be foolishness, I give Sanders and Harvin an equal chance of being injured. It's just so random sometimes, and Sanders durability will be tested playing in the slot. I think that with Seattle basically giving Harvin the entire 2013 season off to recoup, he should be as healthy as he has ever been....and he is a dynamic player when healthy.

Basically a coin flip at this point, I guess.