Sign in to follow this  
phillybear

***The Official Seattle Seahawks IN-Season Thread 2014-15***

All good points, I forget the cap keeps going up.

And cut the Browns some slack, little chips like this are all they have at this point. Maybe Carroll/Schneider can talk MRob out of retirement again?

MRob's presence might be good for that locker room right about now...

M Rob has a good gig as one of the hosts/panelists on the NFL Network Pre-Pre Game Show on Sundays (the one with Sterling Sharpe and Melissa Starke). He's doing a nice job, that's his future. He's not coming back for half a season and screw up a network job. Plus, he just confirmed that he broke up the Tate/Harvin Superbowl fight on the air this past Sunday. He can't come back to the locker room now.

I caught that cleveland move too. What can you do. I agree on mrob. He's got a good gig going. I was actually thinking more along the lines of sidney rice maybe? If he's in shape. He could be a 10-12 play type guy a game when their in the redzone. IDK. It does seem like they're gonna do somehing, even if it's small before the trade deadline.

I caught that cleveland move too. What can you do. I agree on mrob. He's got a good gig going. I was actually thinking more along the lines of sidney rice maybe? If he's in shape. He could be a 10-12 play type guy a game when their in the redzone. IDK. It does seem like they're gonna do somehing, even if it's small before the trade deadline.

I read a while back that Sidney Rice is killing it in real estate. And when he retired, he specifically cited concussions. I think he's done.

I also recall how I was predicting that our first round pick was going to be Kelvin Benjamin for a while, that tall WR that is a budding superstar for Carolina. Tall with intangibles. What might have been.

Eh, I'm not that worried about the offense. The scoring totals this season have been ridiculously good and consistent. It's the pass rush that is broken.

What about Spencer Ware. He was released on an injury settlement. when are they allowed to bring him back (resign him) ??

• Like 1

Picking the side: 3-2

Against the spread: 4-1

Seattle (-6)

After losing a must win game vs St Louis, I'm not sure if the season is salvageable at this point. Anything other than a Superbowl win is unacceptable. So, here we are against Carolina in basically an elimination game for Seattle. Lose, and the season is definitely over. Carolina in the past 5 games is giving up on a yard per play basis: 7.4, 7.6, 5.7, 6.8, and 6.5 and an average of 427 total yards given up on defense. So, basically their defense has crumbled and turned to dust. The Panthers have been involved in some high scoring games during that time frame as well as they are scoring some points. If the Seattle defense can slow down the Carolina offense even a little bit, they should win this game comfortably as they are overdue to force some turnovers and should be able to run and pass all over the Carolina defense. Can they rebound and thump Carolina? I'm not so sure.

OUT
Coleman, Derrick....FB....Foot
Miller, Zach....TE....Ankle
Wagner, Bobby....LB....Toe
Unger, Max....C....Foot
Maxwell, Byron....CB....Calf
Hill, Jordan....DT....Ankle
Walters, Bryan....WR....Concussion

PROBABLE
Simon, Tharold....CB....Ankle
Willson, Luke....TE....Groin
Chancellor, Kam....SS....Ankle
Lynch, Marshawn....RB....Not Injury Related
Turbin, Robert....RB.....Shoulder
Bennett, Michael....DE....Toe
Williams, Kevin....DT....Not Injury Related

Prediction:

Seattle Seahawks 30

Carolina Panthers 27

Seattle (-6)

After losing a must win game vs St Louis, I'm not sure if the season is salvageable at this point. Anything other than a Superbowl win is unacceptable. So, here we are against Carolina in basically an elimination game for Seattle. Lose, and the season is definitely over. Carolina in the past 5 games is giving up on a yard per play basis: 7.4, 7.6, 5.7, 6.8, and 6.5 and an average of 427 total yards given up on defense. So, basically their defense has crumbled and turned to dust. The Panthers have been involved in some high scoring games during that time frame as well as they are scoring some points. If the Seattle defense can slow down the Carolina offense even a little bit, they should win this game comfortably as they are overdue to force some turnovers and should be able to run and pass all over the Carolina defense. Can they rebound and thump Carolina? I'm not so sure.

OUT

Unger, Max....C....Foot

PROBABLE

Prediction:

Seattle Seahawks 30

Carolina Panthers 27

No way Carolina scores 27

When are Maxwell and Wagner due back? This team has been killed by injuries, which are magnified by it's depth problems caused by off season FA losses. I believe there have also been a difference in the way refs are calling defensive holding, which is limiting how physical the Seattle secondary can play.

Most glaring of all the Seahawks are not putting pressure on the QB, especially in the fourth quarter. Having said all that I don't see this as a must win game at all. I personally would never count out a champion until they're terra firma ie. mathematically eliminated.

No way Carolina scores 27

Carolina scored 31 vs Chicago and 37 vs Cincinnati before last weeks 17 points vs Green Bay. Until the Seattle defense gets healthy again in the secondary and gets Bobby Wagner back, I don't think this unit is going to slow down a lot of offenses. I could be wrong, but it's my best guess.

Carolina scored 31 vs Chicago and 37 vs Cincinnati before last weeks 17 points vs Green Bay. Until the Seattle defense gets healthy again in the secondary and gets Bobby Wagner back, I don't think this unit is going to slow down a lot of offenses. I could be wrong, but it's my best guess.

Besides Olsen I don't see Carolina WR crew being able to get open. Seattle does well vs the big wr don't they

When are Maxwell and Wagner due back? This team has been killed by injuries, which are magnified by it's depth problems caused by off season FA losses. I believe there have also been a difference in the way refs are calling defensive holding, which is limiting how physical the Seattle secondary can play.

Most glaring of all the Seahawks are not putting pressure on the QB, especially in the fourth quarter. Having said all that I don't see this as a must win game at all. I personally would never count out a champion until they're terra firma ie. mathematically eliminated.

I thought Maxwell was going to play this week, but it doesn't seem that he will. Wagner is week to week. The depth problems are killing the defensive line. Bennett and Avril are on the field a much higher percentage this season and are getting worn out in later stages of the game. We really miss Chris Clemmons and Clint McDonald, two guys that consistently pressured the QB last season. The secondary is nursing injuries, but losing Thurmond and Browner wasn't a major hit as both guys missed a lot of time the past few seasons and neither is currently playing for their new teams last I heard.

I think the defense is playing more drop back zone coverage instead of physical man to man press coverage as a result of the rule changes. We rarely get a flag thrown for defensive holding or pass interference because it's become bend don't break instead of challenging the ball. And every opportunity for a pick has been dropped. Without the defensive pressure, and the Seahawks were by far the best in the NFL in pressuring the QB, the QBs are picking apart the soft coverage. But with our nickle back Jeremy Lane hurt, it's screwed up our defensive rotation in the secondary.

Considering that the Seahawks have only played one division game so far, today is an elimination game. Because the NFC West is going to beat each other up.

Besides Olsen I don't see Carolina WR crew being able to get open. Seattle does well vs the big wr don't they

Olsen is going to kill us. Big physical pass catching TE like Gates and Gonzo and the like always kill us. We end up putting a LB on them, and all of our LBs are little guys. They are quick, but ultimately don't match up well with the TEs. Chancellor is playing hurt, so I don't think he would cover Olsen. Benjamin will have a good day too. Because it came out predraft that he blew off a meeting with the Seattle staff, and our front office leaked that story to besmirch him. He will be motivated.

I would see it as an opportunity to right the ship. That division is a facade, as each team is dealing with its own set of problems. Seattle could get well real quick in division play.

I would see it as an opportunity to right the ship. That division is a facade, as each team is dealing with its own set of problems. Seattle could get well real quick in division play.

I'm not throwing in the towel, by any means. I'm just a bit more cantankerous than usual about the situation my team finds itself in.

Seattle (-6)

OUT

Unger, Max....C....Foot

PROBABLE

Prediction:

Seattle Seahawks 30

Carolina Panthers 27

Seattle wins 13-9.

Might have been the worst NFL game I've ever seen. A game neither team wanted to win. Gaffes, blunders, fumbles. Seahawks turned it over twice in the red zone, again piled up an impressive advantage in penalties called against, could not run the ball, and needed Russell Wilson to perform miracles yet again to put together a final drive to pull out the win. Are the Seahawks a playoff quality team? Right now, they don't pass the eye test. I can't blame the injuries anymore. The team is missing whatever lighting in a bottle it had last year. Dr. Evil stole their mojo. They slept their way through the first quarter which showed how much they were fired up to save their season, dominated the middle quarters, and were still losing with 4 minutes to go. What the Hell is going on here? Anyway, thank you Carolina, for caring even less about this game.

Picking the side: 4-2

Against the spread: 5-1

And another thing, y'all remember when I said Girl's Name is dumber than a bucket of sh!t? Did anybody else notice the play where he took a hand off on on 2nd and 5, picked up one yard, jumped up and celebrated by signaling first down.

Dumb.

Just no game awareness at all. He cost the team a timeout last week against the Rams because from what I heard, he forgot the play as soon as the huddle broke and screwed up everything pre snap. He gets in the game around 3 or 4 plays. What the Hell else are you thinking about?

OK. Deep breath.

Oakland is next. Carolina completes a stretch of 3 road games in 4 weeks, so that's something nice to get past.

R. Wilson had a couple of good plays, but he also stunk it up on several other occasions. He seems off, not sure what's going on with him.

R. Wilson had a couple of good plays, but he also stunk it up on several other occasions. He seems off, not sure what's going on with him.

Ha ha ha ha ha... How ironic to see a Cowboy fan piling on the torched Seattle bandwagon, and doing it from a position of power no less.

Classic.

Ha ha ha ha ha... How ironic to see a Cowboy fan piling on the torched Seattle bandwagon, and doing it from a position of power no less.

Classic.

Piling on? Nothing of the such - just making an observation. Carry on with your fishing expedition.

Piling on? Nothing of the such - just making an observation. Carry on with your fishing expedition.

Not fishing at all, they're the champs they have the scoreboard still. I suppose it was just the casual manner of the observation I found amusing, you know, the whole 'bottom rail on top' type of thing. Like if the Raiders were 6-1 and I'd made the same comment about a floundering Bronco team.

Well, a guy can dream.

R8RMick, on 27 Oct 2014 - 09:59 AM, said:

Not fishing at all, they're the champs they have the scoreboard still. I suppose it was just the casual manner of the observation I found amusing, you know, the whole 'bottom rail on top' type of thing. Like if the Raiders were 6-1 and I'd made the same comment about a floundering Bronco team.

Well, a guy can dream.

Did you watch the game? Russell won it in the end, but in between good plays (which I admitted he had), he missed a few really easy throws. One into the ground, another costing them an easy td. His rating of 77 is actually higher than I expected for that game....... Again, carry on - may want to change your bait.

Did you watch the game? Russell won it in the end, but in between good plays (which I admitted he had), he missed a few really easy throws. One into the ground, another costing them an easy td. His rating of 77 is actually higher than I expected for that game....... Again, carry on - may want to change your bait.

Yeah, I watched it. I've never been a huge Wilson fan, at least from a fantasy standpoint. That team isn't built to rely heavily on QB play. He's also still young, he's going to have bad stretches. That team will live and die with its running game and defense. Right now, both are out of sync, to some degree. Fifteen years ago the Baltimore Ravens lost three straight games, and at week 10 were 5-4. They went on to win the Super Bowl in dominating fashion. So I never count out champions, at least those with potentially dominating defenses. Seattle could get some guys back, get well, and make a similar run. Lynch has a lot to prove, my guess is you don't want to get a guy like that pissed.

You and the rest of the Cowboy fans have actually shown a lot of class on this board. You've taken serious heat here over the years. And even now, at a point when your team is playing as well as any in the NFL, it still continues. You're showing a lot more composure than others would. Especially after all the green and blue delirium in this last off-season.

You and the rest of the Cowboy fans have actually shown a lot of class on this board. You've taken serious heat here over the years. And even now, at a point when your team is playing as well as any in the NFL, it still continues. You're showing a lot more composure than others would. Especially after all the green and blue delirium in this last off-season.

Well not to hijack a Seahawks' thread - but thanks..... Just like all teams, we have some real clowns for fans. But some of us who've been around since the 70's have a bit of perspective with the ups and downs of our team. Hell, I'm prolly harder on the Cowboys than most - I just expect a lot out of an organization like the one Tex and Tom built.

It's just amazing to see all these stories about what is going on in Seattle's locker room all of the sudden. Now, Lynch is on the trading block to be moved before the trade deadline. On the heels of the stories ripping Russell Wilson for his leadership and ethnicity. It's all crap.

Look, we all know that the past couple of seasons, the Seattle franchise leaks none information. Nothing gets out. It's a vortex, a blackhole, a mystery tied up in a thousand unresolved plot points from LOST. If anything, they mislead with the best of them. When they make a significant move, it comes out of nowhere. Trades, draft picks, free agent signings.

Harvin gets into 3 fights, refuses to enter 3 different games, and we only hear about any of this AFTER his trade. Nothing was ever even whispered prior. I have my ear to the ground pretty good, and I heard nothing. Some things are unavoidable to learn, like Okung's labrum injury and Girl's Name being a lunkhead, but nothing controversial gets out. Why wouldn't Lynch get along with the biggest rah-rah coach in the league? All Seattle fans expected Lynch to not be back next season due to his expensive contract way back at the start of the off season. This is the media making a story out of what I can't fathom. The media is throwing crap against the wall to see what sticks because they haven't been able to penetrate the wall of secrecy and now here is their best chance. Speculate, speculate, speculate.

Seattle (-13.5) vs Oakland

Nice to get a home game, a place Seattle hasn't won at since beating Denver back on September 21st, a month and a half ago. Unbelievable. A month and a half. The Seahawks are very beat up with injuries on both sides of the ball, a bunch of starters are out, half a dozen guys are game time decisions, and guys on the practice squad are now part of the playing rotation. Everybody on the bench is no longer sitting on the bench, but playing. It's ugly, especially at LB, defensive backfield, and offensive line. Even though Carr lit up the Seahawks in the preseason, I'm not as worried about Oakland winning this game as much as can Seattle pull themselves together to avoid self destructing and let the natural course of events transpire and beat a hapless, winless Raiders team. Don't beat yourself. Yes, Seattle will win, but I can't see a comfortable win due to the injures.

Seattle Seahawks 26

Oakland Raiders 17

Seattle (-13.5) vs Oakland

Nice to get a home game, a place Seattle hasn't won at since beating Denver back on September 21st, a month and a half ago. Unbelievable. A month and a half. The Seahawks are very beat up with injuries on both sides of the ball, a bunch of starters are out, half a dozen guys are game time decisions, and guys on the practice squad are now part of the playing rotation. Everybody on the bench is no longer sitting on the bench, but playing. It's ugly, especially at LB, defensive backfield, and offensive line. Even though Carr lit up the Seahawks in the preseason, I'm not as worried about Oakland winning this game as much as can Seattle pull themselves together to avoid self destructing and let the natural course of events transpire and beat a hapless, winless Raiders team. Don't beat yourself. Yes, Seattle will win, but I can't see a comfortable win due to the injures.

Seattle Seahawks 26

Oakland Raiders 17

Final score: 30-24

Picking the side: 5-2

Against the spread: 6-1

Well, that went according to form, sort of. Oakland kept playing to the end, so all the credit to them for their effort. Seahawks showed up for the first half and took advantage of some opportunities. Unfortunately, half time pretty much ended Seattle's good play. Special teams breakdowns led to 14 points for Oakland. Wilson targeted Willson and Kearse 12 times and completed 2 of them. I'm sick of watching Willson drop the ball over and over again. Irvin has had an impact at key times the past two games. So many injuries. Carpenter was in a boot after the game, so another lineman goes down. As of right now, Seattle is the #6 seed in the NFC. SF unexpectedly losing helped. And with the Dallas and Philly QB issues, they may be in for a drop in the wild card chase. Giants are up next, but unless some of these injured guys come back, that game could be a real struggle.

I am also sick of Willson dropping balls. Also not confident whenever a ball comes Kearse's way that he'll catch it.

Was at the game and said to my buddy, our "hands" team has no hands(during the onside kick).

SEAHAWKS

OUT

DID NOT PARTICIPATE
Carpenter, James....G....Ankle
Schilling, Stephen....G....Knee
Chancellor, Kam....SS....Groin
Lynch, Marshawn....RB....Calf
Smith, Malcolm....LB....Groin

LIMITED PARTICIPATION
Baldwin, Doug....WR....Groin
Okung, Russell....T....Calf

FULL PARTICIPATION
Johnson, Jeron....SS....Concussion
Unger, Max....C....Not Injury Related
Schofield, OBrien....LB....Head

Also, Jeremy Lane CB is eligible to come off the IR and play in this game, which he will. Things are starting to look a little better. Most of the guys who did not participate will be probable to play. Players are starting to come back. Also, signing TE Tony Moeaki is a positive step as he is a solid TE with good hands whose biggest flaw is frequent injuries. But, he's healthy and Willson sucks, so get him in there with Cooper Helfet.

Seattle Seahawks (-9) vs NY Giants

Getting healthier. Okung and Unger return to the starting lineup. Which is nice since Russell Wilson is running for his life every time he drops back. Wilson was a bit off on some throws last week so I'm thinking he might settle down a bit. Jeremy Lane returns as he was to be the nickle back at the start of the season, which would allow Burley to get back to his initially designated role. Chancellor isn't going to play but Jeron Johnson is a worthy replacement. Whether Maxwell plays or not, Tharold Simon has been very solid starting at corner. Basically, the secondary is almost completely back and while James Carpenter is out, Alvin Bailey is a staring quality backup OG so the offensive line will be mostly back too. The Giants are beat up, much like the Seahawks, especially in the secondary and offensive line. Their defense blitzs frequently so big plays will be available; expect some deep shots today. Offensively, the Giants run a precision passing game which doesn't really fit Eli Manning's strenghts. The Giants have zero running game right now, so they will throw a lot. The Giants seem to lose and lose badly against the better teams in the league this year. The Giants defensively are giving up 440 yards a game the past 3 games. Last year, the Seahawks blew out the Giants 35-0, but it's probably going to be a bit closer this time around. Still, the Seahawks haven't put together a great effort over the course of a full game in a while. Seahawks are 15-7 ATS the past 22 games at home. I think they finally get a comfortable win.

Seattle Seahawks 34

NY Giants 16

What do homers think of Wilson? I know he had lineman out but his passes were awful. I always feel uncomfortable starting him at home cause of high probability of total shutdown of opposing offense and defensive scores. Also a lot of short fields which is good for scoring if they pass but bad for yards.

I am probably giving him another week to get settled before I start him

What do homers think of Wilson? I know he had lineman out but his passes were awful. I always feel uncomfortable starting him at home cause of high probability of total shutdown of opposing offense and defensive scores. Also a lot of short fields which is good for scoring if they pass but bad for yards.

I am probably giving him another week to get settled before I start him

I think he should have a pretty good game today. That Giants secondary is really in a tough spot due to injuries. With the Giants trying to apply pressure on defense, that will leave opportunites to go downfield and for Wilson to escape the blitzers and run into open space for chunks of yards. It's only recently that the Seattle defense has finally started to force turnovers to shorten the field. The offense is putting up bigger numbers than last year's team. Wilson didn't put up good numbers at Carolina, but for the 3rd straight year playing at Carolina, the Panthers held the Seahawks to under 20 points. They just play us tough defensively. The Raiders game, Seattle got way ahead in the first half with the help of turnovers, and there was no real urgency for Wilson to do much in the 2nd half for the most part. If Wilson is going to break out, this is about as good of a game as any. Next up will be a road game at Kansas City.

Seattle Seahawks (-9) vs NY Giants

Getting healthier. Okung and Unger return to the starting lineup. Which is nice since Russell Wilson is running for his life every time he drops back. Wilson was a bit off on some throws last week so I'm thinking he might settle down a bit. Jeremy Lane returns as he was to be the nickle back at the start of the season, which would allow Burley to get back to his initially designated role. Chancellor isn't going to play but Jeron Johnson is a worthy replacement. Whether Maxwell plays or not, Tharold Simon has been very solid starting at corner. Basically, the secondary is almost completely back and while James Carpenter is out, Alvin Bailey is a staring quality backup OG so the offensive line will be mostly back too. The Giants are beat up, much like the Seahawks, especially in the secondary and offensive line. Their defense blitzs frequently so big plays will be available; expect some deep shots today. Offensively, the Giants run a precision passing game which doesn't really fit Eli Manning's strenghts. The Giants have zero running game right now, so they will throw a lot. The Giants seem to lose and lose badly against the better teams in the league this year. The Giants defensively are giving up 440 yards a game the past 3 games. Last year, the Seahawks blew out the Giants 35-0, but it's probably going to be a bit closer this time around. Still, the Seahawks haven't put together a great effort over the course of a full game in a while. Seahawks are 15-7 ATS the past 22 games at home. I think they finally get a comfortable win.

Seattle Seahawks 34

NY Giants 16

Final score: Seattle wins 38-17

Picking the side: 6-2

Against the spread: 7-1

The pass defense was shaky for most of the game, the passing offense stinks. But the Seahawks pounded the ball on the ground in just such an overwhelming effort. Wow. I enjoyed The Tip II with Sherman assisting on Thomas' interception. Even Girl's Name got some solid carries. But there is no excuse for 3 turnovers. And both SF and Arizona has come from behind wins, so no help from the rest of the NFL yesterday.

I enjoyed The Tip II with Sherman assisting on Thomas' interception.

Too bad Sherman didn't touch the ball.