Sign in to follow this  
joneo

Stay Klassy Kanye

"Hey - how can I be even MORE of a doosh? I get it! I'll marry a Kardashian!!!"

This is why the word N(gger still thrives to this day.

"Hey - how can I be even MORE of a doosh? I get it! I'll marry a Kardashian!!!"

This is why the word N(gger still thrives to this day.

This

Go peddle this crap over at FBGs. The homo ratio is much higher.

You want amazing music, listen to Dream Theater.

You want over produced auto tuned pop, Kanye is your man.

Dream Theater has a career score of 61 on Metacritic, compared to Kanye's 80. But that's just what the professionals that are paid to know music think. And those guys are all asses.

Dream Theater has a career score of 61 on Metacritic, compared to Kanye's 80. But that's just what the professionals that are paid to know music think. And those guys are all asses.

:doh:

Quite possibly in the top 25 of dumb statements in geek club history. Congrats on that. :pointstosky:

Does this idiot savage with a God complex and an obese wife ever had a hit of any kind? I don't think I've ever heard any of his music. Is he popular? I know that during most music festivals, he gets booed off the stage. Is that due to his sh!tty music or personality, or both?

Does this idiot savage with a God complex and an obese wife ever had a hit of any kind? I don't think I've ever heard any of his music. Is he popular? I know that during most music festivals, he gets booed off the stage. Is that due to his sh!tty music or personality, or both?

The only song of his I've ever heard is Gold digger. It is ok,if that genre is your thing.

Quite possibly in the top 25 of dumb statements in geek club history. Congrats on that. :pointstosky:

Wrong. I alone have said at least 20 things dumber than this. I know you've got the other 5 covered. And we haven't even gotten to Gary's dumb statements yet.

Honestly, you are likely familiar with 5-10 of his songs. Just didn't know who they were. I'll post some of the bigger ones....

His first two albums were fantastic (as far as hip-hop goes). The 3rd one was good, and the last few have been crap.

In one of his latest songs, he tried to rhyme "Thanksgiving" with "Christmas" :lol: :doh:

There are more you may know. But I think these 6 were pretty commercial in terms of being everywhere. If anyone claims they haven't heard Stronger, Power, or Gold Digger, then I'll assume they live in a cave. As those songs didn't require any seeking out, they were everywhere.

His first two albums were fantastic (as far as hip-hop goes). The 3rd one was good, and the last few have been crap.

In one of his latest songs, he tried to rhyme "Thanksgiving" with "Christmas" :lol: :doh:

I like some of his newer stuff, but you're right... Old Kayne was the best. His 4th album 808's and Heartbreak was unlistenable.

you guys are forgetting:

^ i love this one! :wub:

you guys are forgetting:

I wasn't "forgetting" anything. :bandana:

But guys like Phlily, Titan, and Sux have almost zero chance of having ever heard Estelle. Hell, while I know the song I couldn't have told you the girl's name was Estelle :dunno: .......For that matter, the 7 songs I posted aren't anywhere close to Kanye's 7 best songs. But they were commercial enough that people like Sux probably came across them.

But guys like Phlily, Titan, and Sux have almost zero chance of having ever heard Estelle. Hell, while I know the song I couldn't have told you the girl's name was Estelle :dunno: .......For that matter, the 7 songs I posted aren't anywhere close to Kanye's 7 best songs. But they were commercial enough that people like Sux probably came across them.

I'm not exposed to much music anymore. I flip on the radio when I'm driving on weekends and that's about it; I don't even station surf but just listen to the local alternative rock station. I listen to comedy talk shows and podcasts on my MP3 player at work and while commuting. I don't watch TV commercials.

I can't view any media that has been posted from work, but I'm still of the mindset that I've never heard the music before. :dunno:

I'm not exposed to much music anymore. I flip on the radio when I'm driving on weekends and that's about it; I don't even station surf but just listen to the local alternative rock station. I listen to comedy talk shows and podcasts on my MP3 player at work and while commuting. I don't watch TV commercials.

I can't view any media that has been posted from work, but I'm still of the mindset that I've never heard the music before. :dunno:

I don't listen to any radio stations that would play Kanye. But these songs are a part of our consciousness. Just doing a quick search of the first two posted by me:

Power - It was in movie trailers for The Social Network, Limitless, and Broken City. It was used in a commercial and soundtrack for for some video game called THQ-Volitions Row. It was used for the 2012 Summer Olympics. American Airlines uses it in commercials, and several sports teams enter to it.

Stronger - Official intro song for 7 pro sports teams. The Giants entered to it at Super Bowl XLII. Animal Planet uses it to promote some show. Hangover II soundtrack. Video game trailor for something called Top Spin. etc

The point is, these songs are huge and they are everywhere. You know them on some level.

Yea, cause I'm just so close minded as far as music is concerned :rolleyes:

I prolly have the broadest musical taste of anyone here.

Yea, cause I'm just so close minded as far as music is concerned :rolleyes:

I prolly have the broadest musical taste of anyone here.

I'll admit it. I focking hate hip hop. It is by and large trash. And culturally and intellectually bankrupt.

But that's just my opinion. If y'all like it,go for it.

I will admit that the music itself isn't bad in those songs. If you had someone singing over it, with some lyrics that are remotely meaningful, then it might be good. Unfortunately some arrogant doosh keeps babbling.

Unlistenable? Mebbe to you.

I do like a lot of his music. I just take it for what it is to me.

Talent? No question about it.

Musical genius? Meh...Won't go that far.

Lyrical genius? Mebbe. It's all subjective, anyhoo.

The links that CB brought with the scores and sh1t were laughable, but I see what he is trying to get at.

How does one rate music?

The links that CB brought with the scores and sh1t were laughable, but I see what he is trying to get at.

How does one rate music?

Unlistenable

One mans treasure is another mans garbage. Kanye is the later to me. But that's subjective. As all arts are.

How does one rate music?

It wasn't a laughable link. I gather you didn't check it out.

If I were linking to a review, and claiming "see! This guy gave Kanye's album a good review. He wins!", that would be laughable.

Read the link. What this is: They gathered every single top 10 albums of the year list they could find from any reputable publication, and awarded points...3 pts for every 1st place ranking, 2 points for 2nd, and 1 point for rankings 3-10....

They were able to gather 146 lists in this instance. Obviously it's not proof. But it's as definitive and well rounded as you can get. Not only did Yeezus win album of the year, but this was like Secretariat at The Belmont. Look at the point gaps.

Yeezus, Kanye West - 110 pts

MVOTC, Vampire Weekend - 69

Random Access Memories, Daft Punk - 52

Reflektor, Arcade Fire - 42

Pure Heroine, Lorde - 34

Obviously this is just 146 critics opinions, but it should be enough to at least make you wonder if you might be wrong on this album at least.

http://www.metacritic.com/feature/critics-pick-top-ten-albums-of-2013

If I were linking to a review, and claiming "see! This guy gave Kanye's album a good review. He wins!", that would be laughable.

Read the link. What this is: They gathered every single top 10 albums of the year list they could find from any reputable publication, and awarded points...3 pts for every 1st place ranking, 2 points for 2nd, and 1 point for rankings 3-10....

They were able to gather 146 lists in this instance. Obviously it's not proof. But it's as definitive and well rounded as you can get. Not only did Yeezus win album of the year, but this was like Secretariat at The Belmont. Look at the point gaps.

Pure Heroine, Lorde - 34

Obviously this is just 146 critics opinions, but it should be enough to at least make you wonder if you might be wrong on this album at least.

http://www.metacritic.com/feature/critics-pick-top-ten-albums-of-2013

Dude, I actually read it to the bottom to where they had every magazine or blog or watevers opinion on who their top or favorites are.

All that I'm trying to say here is that music as far as what we enjoy listening to is subjective.

You might like the way Kayne sings / produces / performs / etc. his music because he reaches you on a certain level in your life right now or earlier, fine. I totally get that. :cheers:

Where you are failing in this is linking a music critic site to back up your love for your artist.

Unlike many here, I do enjoy his style of music. No question about it. I guess I initially took offense when you called him a 'musical genius'. That, I will argue with.

Dude, I actually read it to the bottom to where they had every magazine or blog or watevers opinion on who their top or favorites are.

All that I'm trying to say here is that music as far as what we enjoy listening to is subjective.

You might like the way Kayne sings / produces / performs / etc. his music because he reaches you on a certain level in your life right now or earlier, fine. I totally get that. :cheers:

Where you are failing in this is linking a music critic site to back up your love for your artist.

Unlike many here, I do enjoy his style of music. No question about it. I guess I initially took offense when you called him a 'musical genius'. That, I will argue with.

Read through some of these lyrics and tell me he's not a genius. (We Don't Care-All Falls Down-Never Let Me Down)

Read through some of these lyrics and tell me he's not a genius. (We Don't Care-All Falls Down-Never Let Me Down)

The argument was initially "Musical Genius". Don't forget that.

It's the whole package, dumass.

Pure Heroine, Lorde - 34

Obviously this is just 146 critics opinions, but it should be enough to at least make you wonder if you might be wrong on this album at least.http://www.metacritic.com/feature/critics-pick-top-ten-albums-of-2013

Random access memories is easily the best album of last year.

A self proclaimed genius.