Sign in to follow this  
nzoner

Spermoff:Most depressing movies

Requiem For A Dream left me with a feeling of hopelessness,depressing as hell.I thought it was a great movie though because Aronofsky took me into a world I couldn't wait to get the fock out of.

Hard to beat Requiem for a Dream

I nominate basically any Lars Von Trier movie though. Dancer in the Dark, Dogville, Melancholia, etc.

Empire Strikes Back

Luke finds out Vader is his dad, and Han is hauled away in carbonite. So sad.

the english patient

Only depressing if you think about the things you might have done while you were watching it.

Blood Diamond

The Conspirator (2011 movie about the trial of Mary Surratt who was alleged to have harbored Lincoln's assassins with knowledge of the plot. If you don't know the history beforehand, it's rough).

The Wind that Shakes the Barley. Brother pitted against brother during the Irish War of Independence.

Also Gaspar Noe's films, Irreversible and Into the Void

I've only seen Irreversible and agree it's right up there.

Anything starring james franco

Anything by Michael Bay. It just depresses me so much how focking stupid people are. :doh:

Seriously, Irreversible and Requiem for a Dream were mighty depressing. I don't think either of them were good movie but they were depressing.

already mentioned, hands down the most depressing f****** movie ever f****** made has to be million dollar baby

I think it's Requiem hands down because there is no resolution. Most depressing movies like Seven Pounds and Leaving Las Vegas has some kind of an, at the very least, a bittersweet ending. Requiem just gets darker and darker and leaves you with a hole in your soul.

Basketball Diaries is also up there, and it's a true story....

• Like 1

Saving Ryan's Privates

:D Ass....

Requiem for a dream is a horribly unwatchable movie. Never understood the love for it. It's depressing because it's horrible.

Brian's song is a good pick :thumbsup:

Requiem for a dream is a horribly unwatchable movie. Never understood the love for it. It's depressing because it's horrible.

:nono:

You sound like my mrs,she watched all of 10 minutes and found it too disturbing.To call it horribly unwatchable tells me that Aronofsky nailed it,he took people to a world so dark and depressing that some had to turn it off and or could only deal with it by calling it a horrible movie.

You sound like my mrs,she watched all of 10 minutes and found it too disturbing.To call it horribly unwatchable tells me that Aronofsky nailed it,he took people to a world so dark and depressing that some had to turn it off and or could only deal with it by calling it a horrible movie.

Leaving las Vegas was more disturbing and depressing imo. To each their own. I've tried watching RFAD a couple of times and had no emotion towards it at all :dunno: thought it was dumb.

Here I go all Posty.

I haven't seen most of the movies mentioned.

Although I agree on Leaving Las Vegas

Requiem is a bullsh1t movie. Nothing in it is remotely realistic and it exists to be unpleasant.