Sign in to follow this  
graphix28

Anyone else think McKinnon can steal the job this weekend?

No.

Vikings' Matt Asiata has 3 Rush TD today. LeSean McCoy, Reggie Bush, Matt Forte, Jamaal Charles & Arian Foster have 3 COMBINED this season.

Fourth career start, second game with three TDs...talentless hack :rolleyes:

I wish all my plodding RBs could do that.

Yes Rodney gets no respect. I am still waiting for Forte first TD. Think McCoy fans wish their rb sucked as bad as Rodney asiata.

I guess I foolishly sold on Asiata before this week, got SSS (Steve Smith Sr.), and while he was beasting likely to lose this week by 4 pts. I make the trade and have to insert Gerhart into the lineup, while if I didnt I would have had Decker in the flex

4 YPC is looking pretty good these days..plodder or not..he has a nose for the end zone and doesnt fumble

Interesting to see McKinnon in the game when Vikes are trying to close it out.

2 score lead and they play in 4 days

saving their workhorse. Kind of not doing what NYG did last week

Well between injuries, suspensions, and flat out suckness, I'm picking him up in 2 leagues. The Azzman is who we thought he is; 2 yds and a cloud of dust. Maybe McKinnon will be legit

Well between injuries, suspensions, and flat out suckness, I'm picking him up in 2 leagues. The Azzman is who we thought he is; 2 yds and a cloud of dust. Maybe McKinnon will be legit

Yep Rodney dangerfield racking up fantasy points compared to most top 10 rbs in draft we will take it. Lol you must be talking sarcastically?

pretty solid analysis that supports tonight's outcome...

dunce

All the arguing aside do we think McKinnon has earned any extra role based on today?

I would say absolutely.

He is the exact opposite of Asiata. A quick, big play guy and the grind it out guy. Perfect compliments.

Adrian who?

Was almost ready to drop Mack but he should carry enough value especially with Norv to give me something in a pinch going forward. He should only get better at his play recognition and hopefully get a chance to catch some balls.

Trolling me every thread? What number beer are you on today?

Calling out retards isn't trolling, you're just not as special as you think :banana: And all of a 12 pack :overhead:

He looked very nice. With him and Asiata both playing well and the run-heavy plan being a winning formula today, I think Minnesota is going to run the ball 25+ times a game. Behind that line, and presuming Bridgewater isn't hurt too badly, there's fantasy potential for both guys.

He looked very nice. With him and Asiata both playing well and the run-heavy plan being a winning formula today, I think Minnesota is going to run the ball 25+ times a game. Behind that line, and presuming Bridgewater isn't hurt too badly, there's fantasy potential for both guys.

Agreed and norv agrees

This kind of logic doesn't belong on this board!!!

You are supposed to follow the script:

Asiata owner:: yea 3 tds 100 yards, AP who?!?

Mac owner: he looked like Jim brown! Assface is a 2 yards and a cloud of dust plodder , 1.3 more weeks before my man takes over and rolls with 38 carries a game!

Non owners: team sucks, they both suck...was Atl defense, simmer down! I'd rather start Pierre Thomas!

Rinse/repeat

So bored

• Like 1

This kind of logic doesn't belong on this board!!!

You are supposed to follow the script:

Asiata owner:: yea 3 tds 100 yards, AP who?!?

Mac owner: he looked like Jim brown! Assface is a 2 yards and a cloud of dust plodder , 1.3 more weeks before my man takes over and rolls with 38 carries a game!

Non owners: team sucks, they both suck...was Atl defense, simmer down! I'd rather start Pierre Thomas!

Rinse/repeat

So bored

Just like i went off script with antone smith? You should take you own advice.

I'll take the guy with the TDs..

mckinnon did get called down at the 1/2 yd line which looked like an apparent TD to me.

also, it's hard not to like what the kid did yesterday. great burst, showed vision, decent patience on that long run following his blocker. i liked what i saw.

mckinnon did get called down at the 1/2 yd line which looked like an apparent TD to me.

also, it's hard not to like what the kid did yesterday. great burst, showed vision, decent patience on that long run following his blocker. i liked what i saw.

McKinnon is a grab while people still see Asiata is putting up big points,

Unfortunately Bridgewater maybe being out for TNF is a hitch, we could see Ponder again which means everyone around him becomes mediocre again.

McKinnon is a grab while people still see Asiata is putting up big points,

Unfortunately Bridgewater maybe being out for TNF is a hitch, we could see Ponder again which means everyone around him becomes mediocre again.

i grabbed mckinnon ahead of asiata in 2 leagues couple wks back. im hoping it pays off, as early as nxt wk. or, i could just end up looking silly at yr's end.

No dispute about his physical abilities. It is against the Falcons though.

At what point do you start McKinnon? After a 130 yard output, do you start him in week 5? Probably not....would you start Asiata though. You betcha!

Since taking the starting job in week 2...Asiata has put up 263 total yards and 4 TD. :shocking:

At what point do you start McKinnon? After a 130 yard output, do you start him in week 5? Probably not....would you start Asiata though. You betcha!

Against the Packers D...I am not sure it is wise to sit either of them.

The only worry is how some teams seem to underperform on short weeks even in what seems to be a good matchup.

Against the Packers D...I am not sure it is wise to sit either of them.

The only worry is how some teams seem to underperform on short weeks even in what seems to be a good matchup.

On the road against a packers offense that's starting to click.

Not sure if there's going to be enough carries for both of them, but I do see a ton of dump off to Asiata in this game.

I've said this in past posts..people will regret not picking up McKinnon

• Like 1

Since taking the starting job in week 2...Asiata has put up 263 total yards and 4 TD. :shocking:

This was a weird game. Min jumped all over Atl, Asiata & McKinnon got 38 carries between them. We've got Norv unwrapping his Bridgewater offense including Wright being discovered.

I think ultimately, one game, McKinnon will get more carries than Asiata in a "normal" game and then he will be the "starter". We may have to wait a few weeks but I think it will happen. Asiata owners will want McKinnon on their bench when that game happens.

Meanwhile we have the QB shuffle and I am not sure this works without Teddy. On TNF we may get Ponder which could mean a return to mediocrity for the Min offense in general. But I think folks are still lucky if they can get McKinnon off the WW. Again the only hitch is whether TB can stay healthy.

Btw, this should have happened last week. It's best when young players get a few more carries progressively. In this situation McKinnon went from 0 to 60 in 5 seconds.

Based on this weekend's game stats, Asiata is getting the goal line carries, would you pick him up off the WW?

Speaking at Monday's presser, Vikings coach Mike Zimmer called Jerick McKinnon a change-of-pace back.

Zimmer alluded to 2015 when asked about McKinnon becoming an every-down back. We wouldn't expect Zimmer to say anything else after primary between-the-tackles option Matt Asiata rang up three touchdowns on Sunday, but McKinnon should finally be a fixture in the Vikings' offense. If he can get at least 10-15 weekly touches, it could be only a matter of weeks before he supplants Asiata. The talent differential between the two players is a canyon. McKinnon should be 100 percent owned in 10-12 team leagues.

You can read into this what you will... I still think by week 8, you will see McKinnon getting the lions share.

And BTW, they said Teddy was gonna play Thursday... Not too sure on that!

Everyone owning or gunning for McKinnon out to be thanking their lucky stars he didn't get that extra TD because then his WW cost would be through the roof, it's probably going to be a rush to get him as it is with Rotoworld and their little announcement that, oh hey, "The talent differential between the two players is a canyon. McKinnon should be 100 percent owned in 10-12 team leagues." Really, thanks, Rotoworld.