Sign in to follow this  
madd futher mucker

Waiver pick-ups for week 3 - some surprises and late adds

Playing in many different and mostly deeper leagues, I've always tried to be ahead of the curve with in-season pick-ups. All of my leagues are blind bid waiver systems with open FCFS immediately after. Here's what I came up with before week 3 games. I'm never done making roster changes till gameday.

Team 1 - Deep dynasty PPR league with IR: Acquired M Lewis for $3. ($100 season budget). immediately placed on IR-dtr list), acquired Andre Roberts for $8, acquired Lorenzo Taliaferro RB Balt on open waivers.

Team 2 - Deep semi-dynasty PPR plus return yardage league with developmental taxi squad plus IR squad ($1000 season budget) Acquired Cousins as my QB2 for $161, Owen Daniels for $151, Andre Roberts for $112, and Kenbrell Thompkins on open waivers for my developmental squad. BTW, I dropped Johnny Manziel from the developmental squad to make room for him

Team 3: Deep standard scoring keep 10 keeper league with $1000 annual budget: Acquired M Lewis for $13 and placed him on my IR squad;, acquired Jaquizz Rodgers on open FCFS waivers.

Team 4: 16 roster spot PPR keeper league, no bells or whistles with $1000 season budget:: Spent heavily in this league this week, adding Niles Paul for $252 and Donald Brown for $173.

No guarantee that I'll keep this up, but at least I'm baaack! Many thanks to my friends here who know about my personal situation and blessed me with thier prayers and encouragement.

; : :

Welcome back old friend

:cheers:

I especially like the Donald Brown acquisition

whats with the Mercedes love? just curious, even in those setups, I dont see the value.

Great question. You may well be right, and I have no special love for Mercedes Lewis - he'll probably be cut somewhere down the line. But he cost me almost nothing to pick him up and put him on these two IR squads. If i keep him on IR til week 10, then who knows what the injury situation among TEs will be at that time. Since I had the IR openings and he was the best IR player available, he's on my squad for now. When healthy, he usually gets about 6 - 8 targets per game and they had planned on using him more this year, which could take him back to something between his 2010 and 2012 numbers. For those two years he averaged 55 catches, about 600 yards and 7 TDs.

I've been fortunate so far to avoid the injury bug too badly, but my philosophy is to always keep my IR spots full with the best available candidate, and right now that is him.

Madd! great to see ya ..and hopefully you're progressing well.

I'd say you hit very well w/ Tailaferro, Niles Paul, and D.Brown. Also, the M.Lewis and Thompkins gambles could prove to be sweet bargins.

Best of luck to ya.