Sign in to follow this  
Tuxedosam

++ UPDATE: Calvin Johnson Active ++

I am! I hope they don't pull the same thing like last week! I was 3-0 and could of been 4-0. Just needed 10Pts! Ugh!! You guys think he will be a safe play or will they just use him as a decoy again?? I sure hope his ankle heals better soon! I know its crazy but I was thinking of benching him for Smith Sr.!

This is a dumb thread even is a sea of dumb threads. Lets put aside the fact that no one cares if you're 4-0, 1-3 or any other combination of 4 total games. Is anyone really gonna bench Calvin??? Answer is no, including you. Unless you maybe got lucky drafting Steve smith and kelvin B, but even then you're starting Calvin. So what is the point of this dumb thread??? Just cluttering the damn board up...

HTH

This is a dumb thread even is a sea of dumb threads. Lets put aside the fact that no one cares if you're 4-0, 1-3 or any other combination of 4 total games. Is anyone really gonna bench Calvin??? Answer is no, including you. Unless you maybe got lucky drafting Steve smith and kelvin B, but even then you're starting Calvin. So what is the point of this dumb thread??? Just cluttering the damn board up...

HTH

Dude its not that crazy. Last week youd have said the same thing yet we were dummys to start him. So yea its worth noting, if Calvin is gimpy all week and is another game time decision you bet your ass im starting anybody but him.

• Like 1

Dude its not that crazy. Last week youd have said the same thing yet we were dummys to start him. So yea its worth noting, if Calvin is gimpy all week and is another game time decision you bet your ass im starting anybody but him.

With who? I got Calvin roddy and kelvin. Can pull him but no chance. If he suits up he's in...this is a generational player, both real nfl wise and FF wise.

I am! I hope they don't pull the same thing like last week! I was 3-0 and could of been 4-0. Just needed 10Pts! Ugh!! You guys think he will be a safe play or will they just use him as a decoy again?? I sure hope his ankle heals better soon! I know its crazy but I was thinking of benching him for Smith Sr.!

I don't have Cal Johnson on any of my teams , but I do have Tate on three of them and picked up Ebron on two of them . Yea I would be concern . Seems like he goes through this every season

With who? I got Calvin roddy and kelvin. Can pull him but no chance. If he suits up he's in...this is a generational player, both real nfl wise and FF wise.

It was a generational letdown watching him trot out there just to accrue a game played and be a decoy for the coaches. I count it as a missed game that I was too dumb to replace him in. If he goes out there and practices, yes of course he cant be benched. But im not letting him "roddy me" like white did last year to owners. In your situation id have roddy and benjamin in the lineup right now and only play Calvin if he shows me something in practice.

HTH

It may be a dumb question to you but his only high scoring was in week one! I'm just worried cause I don't want to keep playing him if they do this again! They haven't mentioned anything yet so just crossing my fingers!

I haven't lost in the last 3 weeks. He might not have been on any of the opponents rosters though.

Sure I'm worried; he's been hurt. My options are a flex of Hill, Telemundo, or Ivory. I'm not loving any of those options at the moment though.

Dude hadn't practiced more than 20 days in past 3 years and still has got his. Unless explicit news comes that says he's really bad you gotta roll him out. I won't do roddy and kelvin otherwise. Roddy sat the pine lady week and will this...

I'm benching him, considering how gimpy he was last week I don't know if just one week is enough to have him even at 90%. It's a shame to see a top 10 pick on my bench but c'est la vies.

How is Smitty not starting for you? Even with a healthy Megatron, actually especially with Megatron, who the heck are your other WRs that you can bench Smith?

I'm benching him for Michael Floyd. I need more than 2 pts. out of my WRs.

How is Smitty not starting for you? Even with a healthy Megatron, actually especially with Megatron, who the heck are your other WRs that you can bench Smith?

I have Antonio Brown as my WR2 and Maclin as my Flex and that s why Smith was benched but I will wait till I hear more info about Mega before I do play or bench him

I know this sounds like I'm talking out of my ass, but as an athlete, I can say he won't be 90% for at least another week (from today, approximately). It's up to you how healthy Megatron needs to be to be in your lineup. I'd say 85%.

We're all ex athletes.

If he was running around catching passes in an NFL GAME on Sunday, I'd say that's running at 75% speed....Did you see him run routes....YES, he was running, he wasn't hobbling on one foot.

SO,

7 days later, with the greatest conditioning on the planet, YES, he will be playing at a high enough level to warrant starting over my other WR4, WR5, WR6.

Book it.

You and me with our leg up on the ottoman on Sunday, in pain, maybe not the following Sunday.

Just saw this posted

Source: Detroit Free Press - Dave Birkett

Detroit Lions WR Calvin Johnson (ankle) did not participate in practice Wednesday, Oct. 1.

Johnson said he felt better than he did last week, but that doesn't give us an idea of whether he feels good enough to produce at or near his normal level.

You still have to put an active Calvin Johnson in your lineup, but after last week, you are going to be more scared of the outcome.

We're all ex athletes.

If he was running around catching passes in an NFL GAME on Sunday, I'd say that's running at 75% speed....Did you see him run routes....YES, he was running, he wasn't hobbling on one foot.

SO,

7 days later, with the greatest conditioning on the planet, YES, he will be playing at a high enough level to warrant starting over my other WR4, WR5, WR6.

Book it.

You and me with our leg up on the ottoman on Sunday, in pain, maybe not the following Sunday.

Not only that, dude has a history of not practicing for weeks on end and putting up monster stats on sundays. Now if they're downplaying the injury, that's a risk for sure. But if he suits up, I'd start him unless I drafter him, jordy, and then got brown in the 3rd or some shite. I'm sure there are a few teams like that, but they're in the minority. I mean I have roddy and Kelvin, but I'll still start mega if he suits up sunday. If for no other reason than out of respect...

Besides week #1 when there was absolutely no question on health....nobody would have been burnt benching Megatron. If he doesn't get work in tomorrow I am benching him, I am not playing the Roddy White game with him.

• Like 1

Besides week #1 when there was absolutely no question on health....nobody would have been burnt benching Megatron. If he doesn't get work in tomorrow I am benching him, I am not playing the Roddy White game with him.

I will be doing the same!! He better at least get some decent pts!

Starting Welker over him this week in a PPR league.

Wish there was a flex spot in this league. But its run by dinosaurs that haven't changed any rules since the Clinton administration.

Might even make your decision easier.

Coach Jim Caldwell left the door open for Calvin Johnson (ankle) to miss Week 5 versus the Bills.

According to Caldwell, there's a chance Megatron will sit Sunday if his ankle injury doesn't improve over the weekend. Johnson got in a limited practice on Friday after missing Wednesday and Thursday, but that may not be enough. The Lions want Johnson back to 100 percent. The good news is the Lions and Bills have an early kickoff. We'll know Johnson's official status by Sunday morning.

If he is questionable he will be used as a decoy probably again! It worked last week! I might have to roll with Steve Smith this week

Leaning towards sitting him now after reading this.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11633609/detroit-lions-coach-jim-caldwell-says-receiver-calvin-johnson-miss-sunday-game-buffalo-bills

My options are TY hilton and Hitman Hurns. Leaning towards the Hitman.

think I might drop tate and go with hitman also.

I may very well bench Calvin in the league I have him.

Can roll Roddy, Sanders, Floyd, Crabtree, Harvin instead.

Dynasty league. PPR

Main worry is DET, Mega, and Caldwell being so sneaky about his inability to even play at a reasonably high level, who's to say they won't do it again. Plus, how many times have we seen injured WRs reaggravate and check out of the game by the 2nd quarter. At least Gronk told us he'd be on a snap count. Fantasy this yr is all about not getting less than 5 points from each position. Benching him in favor of Cruz.

Main worry is DET, Mega, and Caldwell being so sneaky about his inability to even play at a reasonably high level, who's to say they won't do it again. Plus, how many times have we seen injured WRs reaggravate and check out of the game by the 2nd quarter. At least Gronk told us he'd be on a snap count. Fantasy this yr is all about not getting less than 5 points from each position. Benching him in favor of Cruz.

I have no problem benching him. Besides week one he produces less than waiver wire guys

• Like 1

I'm benching him too but it's a dynasty league where I have great options to replace him with (Jeffery would have otherwise sat).

NFLN scroller said he was "back at practice on Saturday"

That is encouraging but will be watching for pregame reports

• Like 1

Christ.

So he did a radio interview saying he's playing, but not 100%. The beat writer suggest he will work on "short and mid range routes", this was post on CBS.

Is he that much of an Ego Maniac, that he can tell his team,

"Look guys, I'm going to be half of a WR today, nothing full speed or deep, but I'm Megatron so it will be good for the team to see 81 on the field even though there are faster WRs that can run complete routes."

p00h, It's not a crazy thread at all, and even if you personally think it is, why do you have to be so insulting?

It's definitely a legit concern. If he is a decoy again and gets 1 point, that can cause people a win.

Christ.

So he did a radio interview saying he's playing, but not 100%. The beat writer suggest he will work on "short and mid range routes", this was post on CBS.

Is he that much of an Ego Maniac, that he can tell his team,

"Look guys, I'm going to be half of a WR today, nothing full speed or deep, but I'm Megatron so it will be good for the team to see 81 on the field even though there are faster WRs that can run complete routes."

What date was interview

Dave Birkett ‏@davebirkett 4m4 minutes ago

Lions just finished their early routes. Calvin did everything today. Headed to the locker room now, no sign of a limp or anything.