Sign in to follow this  
p00h

Jeremy Hill moving forward

what's the deal here? Can't get a proper feel for what his role is. Is he worth anything as long as Gio is ahead? I mean he's one of the better cuffs to hold onto but all the talk of him producing even with Gio is not really panning out. Really TD dependent at this stage. Hard to gauge...

I've been wondering the same thing. Hill hasn't done anything wrong from what I've seen. Looks like a heckuva RB, imo.

Gio is gonna get his including the goal line carries and Hill will get the leftovers with a gift TD here and there. Injury permitting.

Hill is the backup RB with the most upside in the league, IMHO.

I think hill gets more and more reps as the season progresses and the bengals keep winning wanting scale back Gio a bit right around fantasy playoffs. I think he pays dividends in fantasy playoffs

Excellent question. I've had Hill since day one but it seems to me Gio may never get injured and Hill may never get the amount of carries to make him relevant. And how many of these guys can i stash? I have 3 and now with bye weeks hitting me, I may have to cut one. Maybe Hill. As much as I love his ability.

I'm dumping him this week. I can't stomach watching him getting no touches each week. Oh well, I still got Hyde.

what's the deal here? Can't get a proper feel for what his role is. Is he worth anything as long as Gio is ahead? I mean he's one of the better cuffs to hold onto but all the talk of him producing even with Gio is not really panning out. Really TD dependent at this stage. Hard to gauge...

Look at his number he has now . That's what he will be if Gio is healthy . It's that easy

I'm dumping him this week. I can't stomach watching him getting no touches each week. Oh well, I still got Hyde.

This is understandable. How many back up runners can one stash, especially dealing with bye weeks?

I have both he and Gio and see myself starting both a number of games. Ive done it once this year and it was kind of nice not holding my breath as they get closer to the goaline wondering which one is going to get the carry.

Definitely not droppable IMO. As has been said he's one of the best handcuffs around since he'd likely be a RB1 if Gio gets hurt. His startability with Gio healthy is still in question but he's still been better than a lot of other RB's out there so I feel like there's gotta be someone else on your roster more worthy of being dropped.

I have both he and Gio and see myself starting both a number of games. Ive done it once this year and it was kind of nice not holding my breath as they get closer to the goaline wondering which one is going to get the carry.

Or you could play 2 running backs on different teams and get the possibility of a TD from both on each drive instead of one. Not sure I would ever start both unless extremely desperate.

I'd hold if you have the roster spot. He looks good and it would be to Cincy's benefit to get him more involved going forward

I'd hold if you have the roster spot. He looks good and it would be to Cincy's benefit to get him more involved going forward

I don't understand why people think it would help a 3-1 team to change their game plan. Aside from last week (which was a blowout), the rotation seems to be working great.

Had to drop him this week in a full point ppr (picked up Oliver in his place - need someone for now more than later). I had to choose between him or Jordan Matthews. Both are in similar situations, an injury away from hitting it big, but I need the WR depth on my bench much more than the RB depth. Hated dropping him. Tried to trade him first, but no bites.

He's pretty much in the same position he was at the draft. A potential RB1 if Gio goes down but unless that happens at best a spot flex play if you're in a real bind. A must-own for all Gio owners.

I don't understand why people think it would help a 3-1 team to change their game plan. Aside from last week (which was a blowout), the rotation seems to be working great.

Well that's frankly a pretty dumb thing to say. Every team has room for improvement. And how often have we seem teams start off hot only to fade down the stretch? Plus if you just do the same thing all the time defenses will adjust to stop it. Not to mention that football in September is a far different beast than football in November/December.

Need I go on?

Well that's frankly a pretty dumb thing to say. Every team has room for improvement. And how often have we seem teams start off hot only to fade down the stretch? Not to mention that football in September is a far different beast than football in November/December.

not to mention wear and tear on your workhorse, among 10 other variables that might change their gameplans. I agree he's a hold for now, but I don't see myself plugging him in outside of real desperation while Gio is still out there. Guys like asiata have better upside at the moment, and RB is really fluid this year. Dudes are popping up and disappearing at an alarming rate. Gotta play hot potato to catch that lightning in a bottle as opposed to standing pat with a guy that might rot on the bench all year...

I offered him to the Gio owner for Ingram. But if he doesn't bite I have no problem holding onto him. Huge upside if Gio is hurt, and can still be used as a flex on weeks when the Bengals should dominate.

Nah, winning games week to week is complete luck. Im 4-1, last week I won with 70pnts wich would have lost to every other team in the league. I just happened to play the guy that got less. That is complete and total luck and nothing else. Yes, over the season I will need to do better week to week, but for now my 4-1 is not a time to rest on my butt thinking iv got it in the bag. The nature of FF means theres no team momentumn. You can win 5 as easy as you can lose 5, just by playing the wrong opponent at the wrong time.

Nah, winning games week to week is complete luck. Im 4-1, last week I won with 70pnts wich would have lost to every other team in the league. I just happened to play the guy that got less. That is complete and total luck and nothing else. Yes, over the season I will need to do better week to week, but for now my 4-1 is not a time to rest on my butt thinking iv got it in the bag. The nature of FF means theres no team momentumn. You can win 5 as easy as you can lose 5, just by playing the wrong opponent at the wrong time.

I think he was taking about the Bengals.

:doh:

Or you could play 2 running backs on different teams and get the possibility of a TD from both on each drive instead of one. Not sure I would ever start both unless extremely desperate.

So you never start a WR on the same team that you have an RB going?

Well that's frankly a pretty dumb thing to say. Every team has room for improvement. And how often have we seem teams start off hot only to fade down the stretch? Plus if you just do the same thing all the time defenses will adjust to stop it. Not to mention that football in September is a far different beast than football in November/December.

Need I go on?

Has the running game become an issue for the Bengals? Has Gio been getting too many carries? I'm basing my opinion on how the Bengals have performed thus far. Hill has been getting 1 series to Gio's 2, which has been keeping their bell-cow fresh. Sure, if you want to change the argument and make a ton of assumptions, anything could happen. But I still don't see how it would be a benefit to the Bengals to give Hill more carries at this point.

So you never start a WR on the same team that you have an RB going?

It may happen if they are both worthy because teams run and pass proportionally each game. So I don't lose out. See you lose out on total possible attempts by your rb position. Do the math. HTH