Sign in to follow this  
kilroy69

Anyone starting moncrief this weekend

Hilton is going to be blanketed by Haden and moncrief could get the looks.

He's a steal play on Fan Duel I think. West would be as well if Crowell can't go. BTW if you're a keeper league guy Moncrief is a huge sleeper for 2015. He's officially passed Garbage Nicks, Wayne is running out of gas, and he's playing with a top 3 passing QB. Only downside is all the work the TEs get in Indy's offense.

Personally speaking, I think he's a great start this week. Moncrief will likely draw CB Buster Skrine, who's been killed by #2 WRs all season.

I'd be sorely tempted to start him if I didn't have Antonio Brown, Mike Evans and Odell Beckham penciled in for the playoffs.

I'm in a redraft but I'm willing to play him when the matchup warrants it. This week he seems to have a good shot for blowing up this week than normal due to the coverage of Haden on Hilton.

Personally speaking, I think he's a great start this week. Moncrief will likely draw CB Buster Skrine, who's been killed by #2 WRs all season.

I'd be sorely tempted to start him if I didn't have Antonio Brown, Mike Evans and Odell Beckham penciled in for the playoffs.

Would you start him over Kelvin Benjamin?

Would it make a difference if your opponent had Luck?

Is Moncrief suddenly stating ahead of Wayne? Allen was out last week and returns this week, no? Dante only saw 4 targets last week. I love the guy and own him in dynasty, but I don't see how you can start him this week, unless you believe he can turn 4 targets or less into another long score. Crapshoot at best IMO.

Would you start him over Kelvin Benjamin?

Would it make a difference if your opponent had Luck?

No way I'd start moncrief over kelvin.

Is Moncrief suddenly stating ahead of Wayne? Allen was out last week and returns this week, no? Dante only saw 4 targets last week. I love the guy and own him in dynasty, but I don't see how you can start him this week, unless you believe he can turn 4 targets or less into another long score. Crapshoot at best IMO.

Great question. My take is that Wayne has been breaking down slowly, even self admittedly so. And it's been recently that his usage has been declining.

Your point on Allen is well taken, as much of their offense goes through the TE position. I believe they run a lot of 12 formation double TE sets, which limits Moncrief if he's the third WR up. He's passed Nicks, and is eating into Wayne's targets.

Since Moncrief is the outside, or X receiver, his fewer routes and targets have been deeper upfield. Obviously he's turned a couple of them into scores.

A parallel point I had was his Fan Duel salary is dirt cheap, and he makes a great upside play at WR3 or even WR2.

Sadly, Wayne is a shell of what he used to be. Reggie's a lock for the HOF, but his skills have declined measurably.

He only saw 4 targets but partly b/c he took 2 of them to the house.

It was just a weird game like that. Lots of big plays / quick scoring - the two by Moncrief and one long TD by Boom.

I'm curious if Moncrief gets a lot more targets in a more typical game flow.

No way I'd start moncrief over kelvin.

Yeah, probably just over-thinking this.

Just worried that Keenan Lewis held Kelvin under 30 yards last time, and Cam's history against the Saints is so bad. But Kelvin delivered for me all year - and flat out won me games with his awesome garbage time deliveries. I'll stick with him.

I totally agree about Wayne. My point was more that Moncrief is still only playing in 3 wide sets as long as Wayne and his walker are still starting. And to further illustrate my concern with starting Moncrief, was that he only saw 4 targets last week with Allen out, and Allen returns this week, which is another target for Luck, Moncrief had a great game earlier in the year when Wayne was out I believe, but it didn't lead to an increased role for Moncrief, and Nicks continued to play ahead of him for a while, despite the huge talent gap. As great as his stats from last week were, I don't see it leading to a bigger role this week, especially with Allen returning, even though we all agree Moncrief deserves a bigger role. This is also the same coaching staff that continues to trot TRich out there week after week and give him substantial carries despite the fact that both Bradshaw and Boom clearly out produce him week after week.

I totally agree about Wayne. My point was more that Moncrief is still only playing in 3 wide sets as long as Wayne and his walker are still starting. And to further illustrate my concern with starting Moncrief, was that he only saw 4 targets last week with Allen out, and Allen returns this week, which is another target for Luck, Moncrief had a great game earlier in the year when Wayne was out I believe, but it didn't lead to an increased role for Moncrief, and Nicks continued to play ahead of him for a while, despite the huge talent gap. As great as his stats from last week were, I don't see it leading to a bigger role this week, especially with Allen returning, even though we all agree Moncrief deserves a bigger role. This is also the same coaching staff that continues to trot TRich out there week after week and give him substantial carries despite the fact that both Bradshaw and Boom clearly out produce him week after week.

That and Allen coming back.......great points.......

I was probably the 1st person on this site to pimp Moncrief as a future stud, but anyone starting him this week is nuts!

1. He doesn't get enough targets to score anything decent unless he breaks a long one. Having done that twice last week lowers his chances, IMO

2. He may have passed Nicks on the depth chart, but he hasn't passed Wayne.

3. Cleveland can't score, so this wont be a game where luck has to keep throwing or be in 3 WR sets for most of the game

Basically, you are hoping and praying for a long touchdown and that is FF suicide!

Everyone gets excited about the new flavor of the month, but sometimes the old favors still taste good. I would not bench Benjamin for Moncreif even though it is possible Moncrief outperforms benji on any week.

Everyone gets excited about the new flavor of the month, but sometimes the old favors still taste good. I would not bench Benjamin for Moncreif even though it is possible Moncrief outperforms benji on any week.

Damn spellcheck got you the 2nd time on his name