Sign in to follow this  
JT

Seven years ago today my life was saved. Donate life.

1/2/08, after nearly 4 years on the list and 3 failed attempts, I received the double lung transplant that saved my life. The ensuing years have been the best of my life, personally and professionally, all because a young kid from Denver checked the box to become an organ donor and, when he sensed something was going wrong for him, stressed to his family his desire to help others in the event of his death.

Joe Templeton was 22 years old when he died 12/30/07. Since then his story has been told to hundreds of thousands of people worldwide. He's my hero and an example of the lasting impact that anyone can have by simply making the choice to be a donor.

Donate Life.

• Like 5

I am an organ donor. Have been since I was 16 but I made it clear before then should something happen to me that I wanted to donate. When I was allowed to at age 16 on my first drivers license I was happy to check the box.

Even I can't make fun of this.

:thumbsup:

Maybe someone can donate a new hairline to you

:banana:

I donate my organ to your mom every night.

J/k, nice story. :thumbsup:

The law should be EVERYONE is automatically an organ donor. If you want off the list - fine, but your also exempt from recieving one.

That would end the shortage for organs in this country. I have no problem donating, but I hate the thought of my organ saving the life of some scumbag who would rather have his organs rot before saving somebody else's life.

Story never gets old !! :wub:

..... So now we know who to blame. :ninja:

The law should be EVERYONE is automatically an organ donor. If you want off the list - fine, but your also exempt from recieving one.

That would end the shortage for organs in this country. I have no problem donating, but I hate the thought of my organ saving the life of some scumbag who would rather have his organs rot before saving somebody else's life.

I agree 100 percent.

I'm also an organ donor and I agree with you. I'd wish it were opt out rather than opt in.

Given that it's opt in, is there a way to legally do this? I don't know how other states do this but in Michigan, we are asked this when we apply for our drivers licence. Other donors or people without drivers licenses that never got a chance to refuse can have my organs, but anybody who refuses -I agree with you- can get bent. Unfortunately the options are only "yes"/"no", there's no "yes but only if"

It may be too much paperwork.

I'm an organ donor too. I feel sorry for the poor bastage that gets my liver. He'll go from bad to worse.

I'm an organ donor too. I feel sorry for the poor bastage that gets my liver. He'll go from bad to worse.

Don't worry. It'll wind up in a medical school so all the student doctors for the rest of eternity can be in awe learning what the hell was wrong with that guy.

I would like to make a s suggestion to folks on this. Tell your immediate family if you are a organ donor. Here is why I say this.

My mom was an organ donor, but she never told anyone, just marked it on her Drivers License.

When she died in August, we(My dad and I) were at the hospital. I did not know she died, my dad just called me and told me that they were taking my mom away in the ambulance and it did not look good. When I arrived, I saw my mom's pastor and his wife, so I knew right away it must be pretty bad.

Here is the main point though. When dad checked my mom's cell phone the next day, there was a message from the hospital asking about the organ donation.

Well, it was too focking late by then. Not sure why they would have to call and ask if it was marked on the DL, but it sucked ass that she wanted to do that and could not.

Maybe this is an isolated incident and/or the hospital focked up, I do not know. Just thought I would share what little information I have.

Awesome story. Glad Joe was "there" at the right time for you..

This story never gets old.

And props to Joe for saving a life.

:first:

Awesome story. Glad Joe was "there" at the right time for you..

THIS

I would like to make a s suggestion to folks on this. Tell your immediate family if you are a organ donor. Here is why I say this.

My mom was an organ donor, but she never told anyone, just marked it on her Drivers License.

When she died in August, we(My dad and I) were at the hospital. I did not know she died, my dad just called me and told me that they were taking my mom away in the ambulance and it did not look good. When I arrived, I saw my mom's pastor and his wife, so I knew right away it must be pretty bad.

Here is the main point though. When dad checked my mom's cell phone the next day, there was a message from the hospital asking about the organ donation.

Well, it was too focking late by then. Not sure why they would have to call and ask if it was marked on the DL, but it sucked ass that she wanted to do that and could not.

Maybe this is an isolated incident and/or the hospital focked up, I do not know. Just thought I would share what little information I have.

I don't know exactly how this works but if the only place hospital personnel would know that you want to be an organ donor is on your driver's license (at the hospital when moments are ticking) then what happens if that person doesn't have it on them?

You should pay it forward, and give crackattack one of your legs.

Fvck that. CA is a drinking and driving Kunt. He is lucky to be alive unlike innocent victims all over the world. CA got off lucky IMO. Other then that he is the coolest dude I know !!!!!!

Having more people like you around isn't exactly a selling point.

;)

:D

At least he won't get your brain. Or your micro-peemus.

I don't know exactly how this works but if the only place hospital personnel would know that you want to be an organ donor is on your driver's license (at the hospital when moments are ticking) then what happens if that person doesn't have it on them?

There is a national data base that includes names, DL #. The hospital typically contacts them if there is any question or if no DL is found.

Unfortunately, in smaller communities they're often not as well trained. There should have been a rep from the hospital looking for family members to discuss donation.

It's sad anytime the opportunity is lost, but still great that someone wanted to help.

All the more reason to make sure close friends and family know your wishes.

You should pay it forward, and give crackattack one of your legs.

I'm 6'8". He'd be no better off than he is now. And his d!ck would look smaller from one angle.

i literally just had a discussion with my gf. I made sure She knows I want anything that can help anyone to be donated.

• Like 1

Bunny can donate his liver to the local little league hockey league, those always need pucks, those kids won't know the difference

i literally just had a discussion with my gf. I made sure She knows I want anything that can help anyone to be donated.

On behalf of all recipients, thank you. It's an important part of the equation that people miss so often. Don't put your family in the position to make a decision like that at such an emotional moment. And it has to be made right now!

Only a percentage of willing donors are viable at the crucial time, so the numbers are so important. It truly is a situation where it's the thought that counts.

I'm 6'8". He'd be no better off than he is now. And his d!ck would look smaller from one angle.

:lol:

Because her odds of survival were very low as compared to adults who receive a transplant, if I'm remembering this story right.

and still some lungs are admittedly tossed away :dunno:

I'm just glad she got the chance even though others tried to fight it. They were wrong and its a good story :thumbsup:

Because her odds of survival were very low as compared to adults who receive a transplant, if I'm remembering this story right.

Sounds like you are making a pitch to be on the Obamacare Death Panels. :music_guitarred:

and still some lungs are admittedly tossed away :dunno:

I'm just glad she got the chance even though others tried to fight it. They were wrong and its a good story :thumbsup:

Did your feelings get mad when you heard she was rejected? Did your feelings get happy now?

That's what matters, Dumbeskina. :wub:

Did your feelings get mad when you heard she was rejected? Did your feelings get happy now?

That's what matters, Dumbeskina. :wub:

yup, always feels good when get revealed as completely wrong . You bring that gift daily :cheers:

Alright then. Since I can't even honor the guy who saved my life here on one of the the two occasions annually that I attempt to do so (the other being his birthday) without the usual suspects showing any common decency, it's time for me to get out.

It has sometimes been fun, though not for a while.

Best to you all.

Donate life.

Alright then. Since I can't even honor the guy who saved my life here on one of the the two occasions annually that I attempt to do so (the other being his birthday) without the usual suspects showing any common decency, it's time for me to get out.

It has sometimes been fun, though not for a while.

Best to you all.

Donate life.

Fake outrage.

Just kidding, JT! :P. Don't go, you're one of the good ones :cheers: