Sign in to follow this  
tigeru

Sell Gordon

Praying for Gordon . Like I have said many times he needs help not football . Sad

You might be able to swing a deal for Justin Blackmon. :dunno:

Doubt you get even that. Blackmon at least has a chance to play next year. I'd be buying Gordon at throw away WR3 prices - like for Reggie Wayne or Greg Jennings types.

The owners I know who stuck with Gordon in dynasty leagues are holding him. They know his value is so low they will get nothing for him. I don't own him in any of my dynasty leagues, but if I did, I'd gladly give him up for a 2nd round draft pick in the rookie draft, which should be more than acceptable to most owners. I think the odds of him staying out of trouble for the next 16 months or so are similar to the odds of Cleveland winning the Superbowl next season.

The owners I know who stuck with Gordon in dynasty leagues are holding him. They know his value is so low they will get nothing for him. I don't own him in any of my dynasty leagues, but if I did, I'd gladly give him up for a 2nd round draft pick in the rookie draft, which should be more than acceptable to most owners. I think the odds of him staying out of trouble for the next 16 months or so are similar to the odds of Cleveland winning the Superbowl next season.

Agreed that his chances of staying out of trouble at this point are very slim given he couldn't even get through a few weeks of the off-season. I don't think he is a bad guy, though I don't really know for sure. I know he is very poor decision maker, who may also have a chemical dependency. The 1st is harder to overcome than the 2nd for many, and since he is on his last chance I'm just highly doubtful.

I agree that even with the above in mind a 2nd round pick is still solid risk/reward because of the ceiling, however devoting the roster slot is the bigger problem in my mind. Unless you are in a dynasty that allows IR for suspended guys you have to carry him on your regular roster. Most dynasty rosters are a little bigger than redraft but you also have the desire to use some of those slots for prospects who can develop rather than current producers. By using a slot for a guy who you know you can't play this year you are forgoing a full off-season of carrying another prospect/s, you are missing the opportunity to fill that slot with WW guys who will step forward during the year also, even in dynasty leagues there are guys every year. If you are a competitive team this year then you are giving up the chance to pick up bye week fillers and/or a 2nd D or K which is helpful not only during the year but especially come playoff time.

If you have strong prospects you don't want to drop and you start to have injuries you are in a serious bind all for a guy who could punch the ticket on his career on any given day for at least the next 18 months.

If you are in rebuild mode, it makes sense to carry him and pay a bit to do it, but if I had him on a roster and couldn't get anything for him I'm flat dropping him by the time rookie drafts roll. I just think the opportunity cost is too high given the risk/reward. I'll take my chances on picking up the next Victor Cruz, Charles Johnson, Larry Donnell, fill in your own best pick up, and keeping that slot flexible for bye week/playoff tactics.