Sign in to follow this  
Flyfreak

++ UPDATE: AP requests a trade to the Cowboys - Reinstated

43 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think AP will be traded to the Cowboys?

• Yes
    • No

landing gregory and collins allows DAL to be more aggressive. will be interesting to see how MIN handles it, since DAL is expected to have a very late pick. i suspect it would take a 1st and a 4th, which is a lot.

I'm interested in seeing how Peterson handles it. The Vikes threw him under the bus and he's probably still bent about it. Cowboys or no, he may never play another down for Minnesota.

I think that the video showing Peterson beating up his son helped the Vikings throw Peterson under the bus , just a little . Let's not cry for Peterson .

landing gregory and collins allows DAL to be more aggressive. will be interesting to see how MIN handles it, since DAL is expected to have a very late pick. i suspect it would take a 1st and a 4th, which is a lot.

Given Romo's age and back - and the fact there's a great chance we're running Gregory, Hardy, Crawford and Lawrence out there for a couple of years still - I'd do it.

I think that the video showing Peterson beating up his son helped the Vikings throw Peterson under the bus , just a little . Let's not cry for Peterson .

Really? There was video? All I saw were the still shots, which were bad enough. But the Vikes have been gutless thru this entire ordeal. If they were so outraged why not just cut him or trade him?

Given Romo's age and back - and the fact there's a great chance we're running Gregory, Hardy, Crawford and Lawrence out there for a couple of years still - I'd do it.

Jerry Jones would sell his soul for a super bowl run, and an AP deal seriously makes them NFC favorites. This game of wits he'll play with MN over Peterson should be interesting. Not impressed with the Vikes GM.

Really? There was video? All I saw were the still shots, which were bad enough. But the Vikes have been gutless thru this entire ordeal. If they were so outraged why not just cut him or trade him?

Disagree I like the way the Vikings are handling this situation with Peterson . Peterson has a long way to go has a person .

Disagree I like the way the Vikings are handling this situation with Peterson . Peterson has a long way to go has a person .

Do you really believe the Vikes give a rat's ass about improving Peterson as a person? If you do, you're clueless. They care about 1700 yards and touchdowns - if AP were a back up lineman his ass would be long gone.... The Vikes are wasting a golden opportunity to profit off of their most prized asset. They are going to screw around and get left holding a bag of nothing when they release him in 2016...... This is what makes teams like the Vikes - the Vikes.

Do you really believe the Vikes give a rat's ass about improving Peterson as a person? If you do, you're clueless. They care about 1700 yards and touchdowns - if AP were a back up lineman his ass would be long gone.... The Vikes are wasting a golden opportunity to profit off of their most prized asset. They are going to screw around and get left holding a bag of nothing when they release him in 2016...... This is what makes teams like the Vikes - the Vikes.

Nope I do not . The NFL has already showed that they don't care . But I do .

Nope I do not . The NFL has already showed that they don't care . But I do .

Difference is - you don't own the rights to Adrian Peterson.

I agree with this

they're playing with fire, hoping that he has a big season so they can cash in next offseason

Difference is - you don't own the rights to Adrian Peterson.

Thank you Jesus

Hey look I asked you about a video you mentioned. Does it exist or were you in error?

Plenty of parents are overzealous disciplining kids. Word I got was the older kid pushed AP's younger kid off a stool or something and almost hurt him bad. Peterson snapped. NOT defending but not entirely unthinkable compared to shite some parents pull.

Peterson made a mistake and went too far. I don't think he's the monster the league and public has perceived. What pissed him off was the Vikes just left him holding the bag. You don't treat your franchise guy that way.

He should come to Big D. They'll have a support system in place for his troubled arse already. It's called the best O line in football lol...

• Like 1

Hey look I asked you about a video you mentioned. Does it exist or were you in error?

Plenty of parents are overzealous disciplining kids. Word I got was the older kid pushed AP's younger kid off a stool or something and almost hurt him bad. Peterson snapped. NOT defending but not entirely unthinkable compared to shite some parents pull.

Peterson made a mistake and went too far. I don't think he's the monster the league and public has perceived. What pissed him off was the Vikes just left him holding the bag. You don't treat your franchise guy that way.

He should come to Big D. They'll have a support system in place for his troubled arse already. It's called the best O line in football lol...

Yes it was pictures sorry I was wrong about that . But still I side with the Vikings . And I agree with what you said Peterson did go to far and most others that would have done the same might be sitting in jail and so have Peterson he went why to far . So I vote for the Vikings in this matter and not the kid beater.

I just don't think the Vikes can welcome him back on day one w open arms and have the fan base go along with it. They caved shortly after the 'non official forum' and endorsements dropped. That put AP in a bad light, he got his feerings hurt and here we are.

He can't stay. He can't go in the division. Cowboys make sense. Jerrah offering up next year's first on a stick. If you have him hold till week one. If you can get him cheap do so now.

Why would the franchise player of a football team call another team owner last summer and talk to him about how he would like to play for the Cowboys when his days with the Vikings are done . I'm sure when that was reported before the pictures of Peterson beating up his son came out makes the Vikings feel like he left the Vikings holding the bag . Yea he is devoted . Good job Vikings .

Hey, Vikes don't have a bad team. With Peterson they're a wild card contender. But he's done, he doesn't want any part of them.

I'm sure he can play in Dallas without anymore domestic abuse incidents lol...

Look, when this came out you figured dude would just get cut. The Vikes have actually been greedy, holding out to get something for a player they threw under the bus.

• Like 1

Vikes fan here. I will respond to a few items.

1. How can AP roll back in. Well before the draft. The team was actually starting the PR to soften the blow of his return. This was working until AP and his agent claimed to be the victim here.

2. How the fans react will have to do with AP. Right now, he is being immature, he is hiding, and is getting some bad advice. He has had about 6 months to reconcile with the fans. In that time, he has made a statement or two addressing this. This will not be enough. Segment of the fan base views him as a child abuser. This will remain unless he manages his image. He hasnt been. Own it, and be the change.

Essentially, after football, part of a NFL value is their relationship with NFL fans. Some, it has taken decades to realize they blew it in this regards. See Kareem Abdul Jabar.

3. Give a Rats Ass about improving AP as a Player/Person.

Two parter.

1. I do, but it takes AP wanting to do same.

2. Is an example that NFL isn't such a machine that they do it right all of the time.

Last September I had outlined, maybe not here and I am not going to search for it right now, a way out of this box. It was a process that could have been initiated by either the Vikings or AP. Part to address the image hit for both. Part of a way to perhaps get him back in the league last fall. Neither has done much in this regard.

This point, AP has to take the lead.

4. Reaching out to Cowboys.

is not unheard of in sports for players wanting to play for their childhood team before they retire. In various leagues this occurs all the time. Hear this alot with Hockey in Minnesota. Would be shocked if not the same with Football in Texas.

AP problem here, is it would not resolve much of his issue. Anytime he would play in MN, this issue would come to the forefront.

It is upon AP to fix this.

Question is, will he?

Question.

League last fall announced they were coming out with some initiative to deal with domestics. I believe this was to be completed this last winter.

Has anyone heard anything about this?

Would have thought someone would have followed up with the league during AP appeals.

ap might play the retirement card to gain needed leverage against the vikes

http://newsok.com/adrian-peterson-vs.-vikings-could-see-retirement-card-says-nfl-insider/article/5422566

He might . I pray the Vikings stick to what they are doing .

He might . I pray the Vikings stick to what they are doing .

if he retires, how long does he have to stay out of football before he can return as a free agent?

ap might play the retirement card to gain needed leverage against the vikes

http://newsok.com/adrian-peterson-vs.-vikings-could-see-retirement-card-says-nfl-insider/article/5422566

Talk about a bluff.... 30 year-old RBs don't have the luxury to sit out years over a pissing contest. Plus, AP may have some $$, but he's also got a ton of bills and an expensive lifestyle to support. No way he passes on millions.

Talk about a bluff.... 30 year-old RBs don't have the luxury to sit out years over a pissing contest. Plus, AP may have some $$, but he's also got a ton of bills and an expensive lifestyle to support. No way he passes on millions.

agree, although it will be interesting to see how this plays out

this, especially now that endorsements and commentator deals will be hard to come by.

According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, Adrian Peterson's beef with the Vikings is now that he wants guaranteed money in 2016.

Peterson doesn't have any guaranteed money in his current deal. He wants the team to guarantee a chunk -- or perhaps all ($14.75 million) -- of his 2016 salary, when Peterson will be 31 years old. After paying Peterson his entire salary to play just one game in 2014, it wouldn't be surprising if the Vikings were a bit resistant to making him this commitment. Either way, it's now clear that this has become a money issue, and is therefore a very solvable problem.

now this makes more sense

According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, Adrian Peterson's beef with the Vikings is now that he wants guaranteed money in 2016.

Peterson doesn't have any guaranteed money in his current deal. He wants the team to guarantee a chunk -- or perhaps all ($14.75 million) -- of his 2016 salary, when Peterson will be 31 years old. After paying Peterson his entire salary to play just one game in 2014, it wouldn't be surprising if the Vikings were a bit resistant to making him this commitment. Either way, it's now clear that this has become a money issue, and is therefore a very solvable problem.

now this makes more sense

Oh yea, of course.... These guys go on record as saying it's about respect, family, this and that. Hogwash - it's about the guaranteed cash. Always has been, always will be.

As always, there are exceptions though. An exception here would be the veteran, super star player, who's already made millions and millions and often already has a ring. This player would take less to play in an environment that his family likes or that the team is close to wining a title... See Peyton Manning to the Broncos - but it's rare.

Oh yea, of course.... These guys go on record as saying it's about respect, family, this and that. Hogwash - it's about the guaranteed cash. Always has been, always will be.

As always, there are exceptions though. An exception here would be the veteran, super star player, who's already made millions and millions and often already has a ring. This player would take less to play in an environment that his family likes or that the team is close to wining a title... See Peyton Manning to the Broncos - but it's rare.

yup, it was only a matter of time