Sign in to follow this  
Super Cubs

opinion on these 2014 rookie RBs

Sankey, Sims, Hyde, Freeman, and Carey which of these would you take a chance on and who would you pass on? How would you rank them?

Hyde

Freeman

Sims

Sankey

Carey

Sims above Freeman .

I'm thinking Hyde and Sims will be the only relevant ones. I don't think Carey will be with the Bears all that long and Freeman is getting replaced as well. Sankey had a great opportunity but had a terrible year. I don't see him doing a whole lot better this year.

Hyde is going to be my top priority in this years draft. I want to snag him as a rb2. He will do well behind the 49ers line

i like hyde, but beware of bush.

Yea I agree with you

Sankey, Sims, Hyde, Freeman, and Carey which of these would you take a chance on and who would you pass on? How would you rank them?

Hyde

Freeman

Sims

Sankey

Carey

Hyde would be my top choice, even though his line took a hit and they added Bush. He's a quality running back and they will give him every opportunity to try and grind out wins verses allowing Kap to try and throw for them.

Sankey - If Whiz would let the kid have the ball 20 times per game, we would know whether he's worth owning or not. Last season his line flat out played like crap and he never got enough consistent carries to be able to gauge his potential. I'd still rank him just after Hyde though, but that's based on the dreaded 'P' word.

Sims - Martin wasn't drafted by Smith, therefore, he isn't worried about letting him go. Sims isn't the most talented of RB's, but he can catch the ball and Lovie seems to like this kid.

Freeman - Same story as above. I don't think Freeman has the skill set to be a starting NFL running back. His size is the first knock, his lack of pass blocking skills is the second and a new coaching staff that didn't draft him is the third. Plus, they drafted Coleman. Platoon situation is the best he can hope for.

Carey - I don't see much here.

Hyde is 1/2/3.

Sankey a close 4. As UCT said, we can't make a full determination on Sankey yet because he wasn't given a ton of opportunity to distinguish himself on a bad team. He's a perfect buy low in keepers/dynasty...and I think he'll slip big time in re-drafts

The rest are marginal IMHO. Sims might have some flashes in PPR leagues, but I see a RBBC shaping up there unless muscle hamster doesn't make the 53 man cut.