Sign in to follow this  
The Moz

Who is your dream band for the halftime show at Superbowl?

Weezer would be cool.

Alternative rock band that could reach a wide demographic I'd think. :dunno:

Weezer would be cool.

Alternative rock band that could reach a wide demographic I'd think. :dunno:

yeah, love me some weezer

I am not advocating them necessarily, but has Pearl Jam never done it? They seem respected enough, and they have the hits needed.

Anyone happen to catch the halftime show at the Seahawks NFC Championship game this past season. :headbanger:

I am not advocating them necessarily, but has Pearl Jam never done it? They seem respected enough, and they have the hits needed.

They're too anti-mainstream to be invited.

As much as I hated Van Hagar, there's your answer.

Disagree, Van Halen was the biggest rock band, biggest concert band in the world pre Hagar. 1984 was only stopped from reaching #1 by the biggest selling album of all time, saying they exploded with Hagar just isn't correct. They were pretty much top dogs before Hagar and just maintained with him.

did anybody say buffett

no i ain't reading all this sh!t

i'm surprised i tuned in to this site at all

bite me

Disagree, Van Halen was the biggest rock band, biggest concert band in the world pre Hagar. 1984 was only stopped from reaching #1 by the biggest selling album of all time, saying they exploded with Hagar just isn't correct. They were pretty much top dogs before Hagar and just maintained with him.

I did not say they exploded. I said they turned from a hard core rock and roll band into nickleback.

They got way more radio play with Hagar. All their songs were puzzy ballads for christ sakes. Compared to what they were with DLR

I did not say they exploded. I said they turned from a hard core rock and roll band into nickleback.

They got way more radio play with Hagar. All their songs were puzzy ballads for christ sakes. Compared to what they were with DLR

Dance the night away, jump, dancing in the streets. Puzzy, Puzzy, Puzzy. They were headed that way anyhow. It's just that DLR couldn't sing a ballad, and ballads were where the money was in the later 80's.

I didn't say you said they exploded. You asked who exploded, Pats said Van Halen, I disagreed and provided reasons why they did not.

Are you drinking this morning? :unsure:

I didn't say you said they exploded. You asked who exploded, Pats said Van Halen, I disagreed and provided reasons why they did not.

Are you drinking this morning? :unsure:

Please look at what he responded to when he said

As much as I hated Van Hagar, there's your answer.

Please look at what he responded to when he said

he was responding to: name another band that had relatively good success and then exploded after changing their lead singer

he said Van Hagar and I disagreed with him. If you disagreed later, great, but I was adding my reasons why it was not correct. Again, are you drinking?

Dance the night away, jump, dancing in the streets. Puzzy, Puzzy, Puzzy. They were headed that way anyhow. It's just that DLR couldn't sing a ballad, and ballads were where the money was in the later 80's.

He never was a good singer anyway, he's horrific now.

He was one of the best showman ever, as far as a lead singer.

Being gay helps

Coming around on the frisbee dog idea. :thumbsup: Imagine a dog streaking down the field, then jumping at the last second and catching a perfectly thrown disc right between its teeth. Then it walks over and hands the frisbee to a special olympian being cradled by a disabled vet. You could also have one of those dogs that catches the rapid-fire frisbees tossed from a close distance. All set to the soundtrack from Fiddler. Plus, everyone in attendance gets a coupon for $10 off a dog washing class, which would be a class that gives tips and techniques for washing a dog. The possibilities are endless, and it would really help raise awareness of frisbees, not to mention the dogs that chase them.

Gensis had never been heard of before phil collins.

:doh:

I'm quite sure it would never happen but Alice cooper would be a helluva show,just saw him 2 years ago and he can still bring it,amazing stage show as well.

Set list for the hits

No More Mr Nice Guy

School's Out

Clones

Billion Dollar Babies