Sign in to follow this  
lostsoulny

Run Time error when trying to update projections

Hello just downloaded Draft Buddy for this year, opened in win 7 excel 2010 (same system I used last year) eneabled editing enabled content, all looked well until I hit check for updates or update projections then I get a pop up error message:

Run-Time error '1004':

Unable to open http://www.fftoday.com/draftbuddy/update15/lastupdatre.htm

Cannot doanload the information you requested.

I did try redonloading the file. Anyone else experience this? Might just be a temporary error connecting to the server possibly. I will try again later.

Are you sure that is the URL from the Excel error message, because that has a typo? It should be:

http://www.fftoday.com/draftbuddy/update15/lastupdate.htm

Which is an active link. If the link in Draft Buddy is wrong (although I never changed it), then that is why you are getting an error.

Are you sure that is the URL from the Excel error message, because that has a typo? It should be:

http://www.fftoday.com/draftbuddy/update15/lastupdate.htm

Which is an active link. If the link in Draft Buddy is wrong (although I never changed it), then that is why you are getting an error.

My bad I typed it wrong, the link is showing as http://www.fftoday.com/draftbuddy/update15/lastupdate.htm

When I click the link from here it opens a page and displays this

I just ran the update function in the DB and it worked for me so I doubt there is a problem with the link itself. I might be just a temporary internet connection issue or something specific with your copy of excel not allowing updates through web queries. If you keep getting the same error, maybe you can send us your copy of the file and see if we can duplicate the issue.

Try doing a different web query, such as update the ADP on the adp tab. Same issue? Similar to what Mike said, I think it is probably a temporary connection error or maybe something is preventing your copy of Excel from accessing the internet. If it persists and applies to different queries, then let us know.

Compiling starts but then fails with error 1004 as well. I'll try a few things and check some settings and let you know.

I rebooted and all is well :)

when in doubt reboot lol

Happy Fourth Everyone!

I've been having the same issue for the past week with Excel 2013.

I've tried reinstalling Office 2013 but the problem persists.

I'm not sure what else to try.

What is the error code and message you are getting bench_warmer? Are you able to update the ADP tab on its own? (Go to that tab and try refreshing using the button at the top.)

I was getting the same error as the OP. I couldn't update ADP either.

It turns out that draft buddy is fine and it must have been a problem with my system.

I upgraded my pc to Windows 10 and everything works fine now.

Thanks for the response.

Okay, good to know. I'm guessing something on your computer or in Windows was preventing Excel from accessing the internet. Glad it is working now.

Hi Mike, I'm also having problems with draft buddy, I cannot update projections, it shows " runtime error 1004. I tried to restart the computer and run again but it's not working, also tried updating adp but it gives me the same error. Maybe you can send me a new file, I'm using excel 2010, running Windows 7.

Hi Mike, I'm also having problems with draft buddy, I cannot update projections, it shows " runtime error 1004. I tried to restart the computer and run again but it's not working, also tried updating adp but it gives me the same error. Maybe you can send me a new file, I'm using excel 2010, running Windows 7.

You can certainly download a new file if you need to. Simply go to the Draft Buddy page (http://fftoday.com/draftbuddy/index.php) and click the "Download" link in the top navigation. If you still get the same error after downloading the new file, let know and we'll investigate further.

purplengold - Do you have a firewall perhaps blocking Excel from accessing the internet? If you have a firewall that you can adjust, try turning it off, running the update, and then turn the firewall back on.